• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local California Open Carrier Needed to be Interviewed

Edward Peruta

imported post

You never know who is reading this message board.

I just received this message via email and felt extremely proud to know that some people still remember the good old days.

Saw your name on opencarry.org -just wanted to thank you for your information. My entire family used to watch you oncable TV and you taught them civics and political science. My daughter is now in law school and still uses you as an example of what's great about our system.

Dunno why you are in CA, besides the climate I hate the place, but best wishes and good health wherever you may be. And thanks for the civics lessons!

Roy Bradrick (still in CT)

dirtykoala

imported post

Hey, how come this topic is stickied!?!? I thought that was impossible here!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I stickied it for the day. It is now a regular topic since the contact has been made.

John

dirtykoala wrote:
Hey, how come this topic is stickied!?!? I thought that was impossible here!

poothrowingape

imported post

How would they set you up? Like schedule the interview in a school zone? Even if they set you up it wont go far, because that would be obvious entrapment. They cant ask you to oc in a restricted area because they would be making you break a law.

or am i way off???

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Entrapment is only applicable to law enforcement ... NOT the media.

But I do not think that is what is going on. They just want a good shot of public OC. We just need to make sure that it doesn't happen to be too close to a school zone.

John

poothrowingape wrote:
How would they set you up? Like schedule the interview in a school zone? Even if they set you up it wont go far, because that would be obvious entrapment. They cant ask you to oc in a restricted area because they would be making you break a law.

or am i way off???

pullnshoot25

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:

or am i way off???
Yes, way off.