• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local California Open Carrier Needed to be Interviewed

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Tim Jue with KFSN-TV (ABC) in Fresno, California is looking for a California open carry advocate / practitioner who might be able to interview today.

It would be great if someone patient, articulate and aware of the intricacies of California's disconnect from the vast majority of states (ie. requiring unloaded open carry) could give him a call. I offered to go over the issue in detail but he wanted a local voice.
Thanks!

John

The guys info is:

Tim Jue

Assignment Editor
ABC30 Action News / KFSN-TV Fresno
(559) 485-0930 newsroom
(559) 266-5024 fax
timothy.jue@abc.com
www.abc30.com

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Give him a call and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

heliopolissolutions wrote:
I am from Fresno, active and willing to interview.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Scheduled for 730, probably a residential interview to avoid LEO interference, going to see if I can scoop up as many in fresno as possible

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Tim moved the interview to later this week, wants to have us out in public OCing.

Going to make it happen, details to follow

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Good luck! A couple of points to consider.

- Dress conservatively (nothing severe, just collared shirts and slacks if possible)
- Make sure that all concerned follow the law to a T!!!
- Where are all of the school zones???
-
Explain the law and the problem with existing discretionary permits in a dispassionate and knowledgeable manner. Do NOT give them any opportunity to portray you as 'angry.'
- If law enforcement happens to make an appearance, comply with their requests with the level of respect and politeness you would give to your grandmother. :)

Just my thoughts.

Have a great interview!

John

Tim moved the interview to later this week, wants to have us out in public OCing.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
I can't help but think that you guys are being set up...

Thats a lil' paranoid...

I mean I don't know Tim Jue personally, but he is decently well known as a good correspondant in the central valley.

We're going to take plenty of precautions.

PM me pull?

dirtykoala

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:

i have the same suspicion

edit: its not resonable or articulable though, so it might mean nothing.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

jpierce wrote:
Good luck! A couple of points to consider.

- Dress conservatively (nothing severe, just collared shirts and slacks if possible)
- Make sure that all concerned follow the law to a T!!!
- Where are all of the school zones???
-
Explain the law and the problem with existing discretionary permits in a dispassionate and knowledgeable manner. Do NOT give them any opportunity to portray you as 'angry.'
- If law enforcement happens to make an appearance, comply with their requests with the level of respect and politeness you would give to your grandmother. :)

Just my thoughts.

Have a great interview!

John

I would also add, that it would be helpful if we had more than one gender and race represented- If you have a family with crumbcrunchersor a significant other to protect, bring them. Im still banging the drum for more women and disabled, who are not percieved as having the capacity to stop an attacker- but if they arent already available- no need to create them.

Edward Peruta

imported post

I believe that members of the media monitor this board as evidenced by the fact that they made contact with John Pierce looking for someone to interview.

The fact that they contacted John Pierce speaks volumes to what is stated and shared on this message board regarding our collective rights under the Second Amendment.

We all can expect that others with different positions will be interviewed regarding the topic of openly carrying firearms as well as this individual.

I believe it is safe to say thatwe desire and demanda balanced fair and complete article on exactly why people have begun to carry their firearms openly along with the totally unjustifiedand unreasonable requirement that the weapons beunloaded while doing so!

I for one would like to see a fair and informative article on the right to purchase, possess and carry firearms as a means of self defense.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

yelohamr

imported post

To really scare the Brady Campaign,UOC at the interview with a seeing eye dog and wear dark sunglasses. I would almost pay money to see their reaction. But then there would be PETA complaining about a MWAG endangering a dog.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

You know guys,

Whatever direction the interview takes, I will make every effort to ensure that honesty and clarity are upheld.

So, lets wait and see how it goes; if you have any suggestions, or comments,please PM me.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
I worry as well. But I think even if the media does everything kosher, LE is going to find out where you guys are and bring out the AR-15's like that recent interview. Maybe worse, since LE in general has been escalating their federal-law-violating intimidation tactics.

Short of being in public with FBI civil rights division agents ready to arrest any criminal cops, I don't see how to avoid this, though.

pullnshoot25

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:

Thats a lil' paranoid...

I mean I don't know Tim Jue personally, but he is decently well known as a good correspondant in the central valley.

We're going to take plenty of precautions.

PM me pull?

PM received and responded.

Not paranoid, just looking at a bigger picture.