• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

*Central Valley* Open carry on radio

Captain_Awesome

imported post

KMJ 105.9 around Fresno, Chris Daniels is talking about you Bay Area open carriers as I type. So far he seems to have all the laws correct so far. He seems to be fairly neutral to the idea at the moment.

Updates will follow.

*Update - He's asking for calls. Call in if you're in range.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Its markedly un-hateful towards OC, hopefully there are some good speakers who get through, the line is mad busy.

Theres a guy on who seems to be confusing Daniels with the loaded in unincorporated.

Its so hard to talk to people about this stuff because the laws are SOOO confusingly ridiculous.

EDIT: Fail, he is convinced that open carry requires permit. Darned ignorant people. He is sounding a little negative towards the matter.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I'm writing him an email at:
<broken email, darn>

Asking him to review our site and maybe take an interest in revisiting the issue after learning more about it.

EDIT: I'd reccomend anyone who has the time do the same, its a good opportunity to find a media personality friendly to us.
EDIT: Damn, that email is broken, I'll have to find a working one.

Captain_Awesome

imported post

I recorded most of the show on a cassette. Can I send the cassette tape through the tubes of the internet? Think it'll fit?

I'll see if I can find a recording of the show. If not, i can probably record what I have on tape to an MP3 and put it up. Anyone know of a good free host I could use if I need to?

Gundude

imported post

Livermoron wrote:
:arrow: Anyone know how to get and then post audio of the Chris Daniels show today on KMJ580 ???

Thanks!

Carry On!

Livermoron :cool:
I binged KMJ 105.9 and found their home page. Just a little para about the UOC meet. I couldn't find any audio links.