Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Don't necessarily recommend

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."



    Thwarted robbery was third in Kenner block
    By Mary Sparacello, The Times-Picayune
    February 01, 2010, 6:43PM
    Three times in three years, merchants in the 3200 block of Williams Boulevard in Kenner have pulled guns to thwart robberies. But it wasn't until the third holdup that anyone died.

    Kenner police said Monday that Angel Armando Hernandez, 34, of New Orleans was shot dead and German Alberto Hernandez Zuniga, 25, of Covington was wounded when they mugged the owner of Dream Communications & More as he leaving work. A third suspect fled and remains at large.

    Dreams Communications is a wireless phone shop that also cashes checks for clients, Police Chief Steve Caraway said. It is the check-cashing business that is likely to be the motive for the robbery, Caraway said.

    Detective Shaun Watson, a Police Department spokesman, said the bandits approached the owner Friday about 8:45 p.m. in the parking lot of the store at 3226 Williams. One struck him in the head with a revolver, grabbed his backpack and pushed him into the alley. But the owner pulled a pistol and shot Hernandez and Zuniga, Watson said.

    Zuniga will be booked with armed robbery when he is released from University Hospital, Watson said.

    Police have not identified the business owner, and he would not speak with a reporter Monday. They do not plan to file criminal charges against him because they consider the shooting was justified.

    This was the second thwarted robbery at Dream Communications in eight months.

    On June 5, two armed men entered the business, demanded money and were led to a back office where a victim and one of the bandits struggled, police said.

    An employee in a nearby business heard noises and came to investigate. That person pulled a gun, and the would-be robbers fled.

    Two suspects were arrested and are scheduled for trial in March, said detective Brian McGregor, another Police Department spokesman.

    In 2007, a pawnbroker from a shop next door to Dream Communications chased an armed robber out of his own store, firing gunshots at the getaway car. That robber was never found, McGregor said.

    Watson said police think the three incidents are unrelated.

    Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    "In this particular case here, it appears the owner of the store was defending himself after he was pulled into the alleyway," Caraway said.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    I have posted once before and kept up with this site for a couple of years now.

    MEM or MARK-I have always understoodyour philosphy and this is confirmation of your philosphy towards OCand below is more for the people that do not understand the concept of a RIGHT.

    Most people do not understand MEM's philosphy. HERE IT IS FOR THE SLOW ONES ON THE BOARD!

    YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION FOR SOMETHING THAT IS A RIGHT!!

    So if everyone has a right to defend themselves, why should you have to pay for thePRIVILEGE of a concealed weapons permit???









  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    I have posted once before and kept up with this site for a couple of years now.

    MEM or MARK-I have always understoodyour philosphy and this is confirmation of your philosphy towards OCand below is more for the people that do not understand the concept of a RIGHT.

    Most people do not understand MEM's philosphy. HERE IT IS FOR THE SLOW ONES ON THE BOARD!

    YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION FOR SOMETHING THAT IS A RIGHT!!

    So if everyone has a right to defend themselves, why should you have to pay for thePRIVILEGE of a concealed weapons permit???
    Welcome to OCDO realist

    You may have lurking , but have never posted "before" 8:14 PM and that was the OP on this thread - at least not posted before under this ID.

    It is not good form to flame members here in your second post. Do you suggest that most on OCDO do not agree that OCing w/o or even CCing w/o a permit ought to be the standard?

    If you do not allow us to get to know you first, we might jump to conclusions based on our limited first impressions.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member barf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nawlins, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    Oh, so the guy that got mugged in the parking lot was open carrying? I didn't read that in the article - please cite your source for this information.

    That IS the premise of your post, correct? You state that this is someone's confirmation of their philosophy towards OC.




  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    I have posted under "Kimber 80" in Jaunary of 2009. I really do not oc unless in a circumstance in the article posted under kimber 80 posting.

    Grapeshot - I am not trying to "flame anyone here". But considering people's misunderstanding about what a "right" means in previous posts.

    Barf - I did not state that the guy in the article was ocing and that was not the premise. The store owner's gun most probably was concealed, which gave him the advantage of the last surprise in the situation. I believe you have misunderstood my premise.

    The words of the officer in this article reminded me about previous posts on here and people's misunderstanding of certain individuals philosphy of what a right is. Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."





  6. #6
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    Detective Shaun Watson, a Police Department spokesman, said the bandits approached the owner Friday about 8:45 p.m. in the parking lot of the store at 3226 Williams. One struck him in the head with a revolver, grabbed his backpack and pushed him into the alley. But the owner pulled a pistol and shot Hernandez and Zuniga, Watson said.
    Good for the owner. He probably saved his own life.






    realist wrote:
    In 2007, a pawnbroker from a shop next door to Dream Communications chased an armed robber out of his own store, firing gunshots at the getaway car. That robber was never found, McGregor said.

    I wonder ifthis pawnbroker was charged with anything? I hope so. It appears that he went from robbery victim to goof with a gun.

    Regardless, sounds like a rough hood.


  7. #7
    Regular Member barf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nawlins, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    Barf - I did not state that the guy in the article was ocing and that was not the premise. The store owner's gun most probably was concealed, which gave him the advantage of the last surprise in the situation. I believe you have misunderstood my premise.

    The words of the officer in this article reminded me about previous posts on here and people's misunderstanding of certain individuals philosphy of what a right is. Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."



    You're correct - I don't understand your premise. You're on an open carry site trying to subscribe people to a philosophy that they have a right to defend themselves? Do you really think you'll find an argument here? And then the kicker is you attribute that philosophy to a certain someone on this site who has lost all credibility?

    I call a big BS on this one. If you're not that certain someone himself, you're a crony.

    BUSTED. Yeah, I just watched mythbusters, what's it to you?







  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    I have posted under "Kimber 80" in Jaunary of 2009. I really do not oc unless in a circumstance in the article posted under kimber 80 posting.

    Grapeshot - I am not trying to "flame anyone here". But considering people's misunderstanding about what a "right" means in previous posts.

    Barf - I did not state that the guy in the article was ocing and that was not the premise. The store owner's gun most probably was concealed, which gave him the advantage of the last surprise in the situation. I believe you have misunderstood my premise.

    The words of the officer in this article reminded me about previous posts on here and people's misunderstanding of certain individuals philosphy of what a right is. Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."
    While I see no flagrant violation here, using multiple registrations/ID is definitely not considered good form and can be reason in and of itself for sanction.

    Your stated premise was that "Most people do not understand MEM's philosophy."

    I disagree. Most (all?) of us would agree that "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    What many take exception to is MEM's style of expressing himself, ridiculing others for their choice of how they express themselves. MEM's way is NOT the only way. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

    Yata hey


    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    Barf - I did not state that the guy in the article was ocing and that was not the premise. The store owner's gun most probably was concealed, which gave him the advantage of the last surprise in the situation. I believe you have misunderstood my premise.
    Perhaps, if the store owner had been OCing, the bandits would not have approached him.

    I have to say, though, the victems SA wasn't very good. He should never have allowed anyone to get close enough to whak him on the head.

  10. #10
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    I have posted once before and kept up with this site for a couple of years now.

    MEM or MARK-I have always understoodyour philosphy and this is confirmation of your philosphy towards OCand below is more for the people that do not understand the concept of a RIGHT.

    Most people do not understand MEM's philosphy. HERE IT IS FOR THE SLOW ONES ON THE BOARD!

    YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION FOR SOMETHING THAT IS A RIGHT!!

    So if everyone has a right to defend themselves, why should you have to pay for thePRIVILEGE of a concealed weapons permit???
    MEM....and those who "understand"...



  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    realist wrote:
    I have posted once before and kept up with this site for a couple of years now.

    MEM or MARK-I have always understoodyour philosphy and this is confirmation of your philosphy towards OCand below is more for the people that do not understand the concept of a RIGHT.

    Most people do not understand MEM's philosphy. HERE IT IS FOR THE SLOW ONES ON THE BOARD!

    YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION FOR SOMETHING THAT IS A RIGHT!!

    So if everyone has a right to defend themselves, why should you have to pay for thePRIVILEGE of a concealed weapons permit???
    MEM....and those who "understand"...

    Dang Hank gonna put a half a roll of paper towels on your bill and flog you for no beverage warning - dat was FUNNY.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Independence, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Your stated premise was that "Most people do not understand MEM's philosophy."

    I disagree. Most (all?) of us would agree that "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    What many take exception to is MEM's style of expressing himself, ridiculing others for their choice of how they express themselves. MEM's way is NOT the only way. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

    Yata hey

    Right-O Grapeshot!

    In the words of the great Don Rickles: You win a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279

    Post imported post

    Kenner police said Monday that Angel Armando Hernandez, 34, of New Orleans was shot dead and German Alberto Hernandez Zuniga, 25, of Covington was wounded
    Zuniga will be booked with armed robbery when he is released


    ......and?

    ......murder?

    ....wasn't Hernandez killed in the commission of Zuniga's crime?

    Here in Missouri, if you commit a forceable felony in which ANYONE is killed (doesn't have to be YOUR actions, it just has to occur during YOUR crime) you will be charged with murder as the death would not have occurred if you had chosen not to committhe crime.

    We've had burglars get shot in commission of a burglary while their partner waited in the getaway car. Guess who went to prison for murder? Yup.

    If you knowJoe is going to rob someone, it would bea good idea to call the police, or at least let Joe drive himselfinstead of helping him. You may not shoot Joe, but if he gets killed by a homeowner, guess who's going to the slammer for it?

    Here in Missouri: Don't help criminals.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    Superlite27 wrote:
    Here in Missouri: Don't help criminals.
    Do the politicians not help the criminals by disarming the potential victims?

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metairie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    26

    Post imported post

    realist wrote:
    Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."



    Thwarted robbery was third in Kenner block
    By Mary Sparacello, The Times-Picayune
    February 01, 2010, 6:43PM
    Three times in three years, merchants in the 3200 block of Williams Boulevard in Kenner have pulled guns to thwart robberies. But it wasn't until the third holdup that anyone died.

    Kenner police said Monday that Angel Armando Hernandez, 34, of New Orleans was shot dead and German Alberto Hernandez Zuniga, 25, of Covington was wounded when they mugged the owner of Dream Communications & More as he leaving work. A third suspect fled and remains at large.

    Dreams Communications is a wireless phone shop that also cashes checks for clients, Police Chief Steve Caraway said. It is the check-cashing business that is likely to be the motive for the robbery, Caraway said.

    Detective Shaun Watson, a Police Department spokesman, said the bandits approached the owner Friday about 8:45 p.m. in the parking lot of the store at 3226 Williams. One struck him in the head with a revolver, grabbed his backpack and pushed him into the alley. But the owner pulled a pistol and shot Hernandez and Zuniga, Watson said.

    Zuniga will be booked with armed robbery when he is released from University Hospital, Watson said.

    Police have not identified the business owner, and he would not speak with a reporter Monday. They do not plan to file criminal charges against him because they consider the shooting was justified.

    This was the second thwarted robbery at Dream Communications in eight months.

    On June 5, two armed men entered the business, demanded money and were led to a back office where a victim and one of the bandits struggled, police said.

    An employee in a nearby business heard noises and came to investigate. That person pulled a gun, and the would-be robbers fled.

    Two suspects were arrested and are scheduled for trial in March, said detective Brian McGregor, another Police Department spokesman.

    In 2007, a pawnbroker from a shop next door to Dream Communications chased an armed robber out of his own store, firing gunshots at the getaway car. That robber was never found, McGregor said.

    Watson said police think the three incidents are unrelated.

    Caraway said police "don't necessarily recommend" the actions of the Dream Communications owner but added, "Everyone has the right to defend themselves."

    "In this particular case here, it appears the owner of the store was defending himself after he was pulled into the alleyway," Caraway said.
    Why would they even consider pressing charges? This man should be commended. Maybe a medal is in order. Two scum are now off of the street. I hope they find the third person.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •