• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR OC

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

Because it's my right. Do I need another reason?

That's it?

Do you do everything that is your right?

There has to be more motivation than "Because it's my right."

Think freely.

Nope. That's it.

I exercise all the freedoms I choose to exercise. That's the thing about being free, I have a choice.

mikestilly

imported post

HankT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

How about we want to exercize our rights because we dont want someone like Obama, Reid, Palosi, or mayor Bloomberg to take away our rights. These are rights we dont want infringed! Same pretty much goes with OCing any firearms.

Well, I was interested in ZZZ's explanation of his real reason...

But with reference to your reason....are you referring to OCing a loaded AR?

We dont cherry pick our 2A rights. The type of firearm is irrelevent.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

Nope. That's it.

I exercise all the freedoms I choose to exercise. That's the thing about being free, I have a choice.

You're shifting the subject. With a bit of circularity.

You neglect to answer the question: Why will you OC an AR?

But if you insist on your circular answer, then I would ask the additional question: Why have you nte chosen to excercise your right to OC an AR before? Why have you not done it? It was your right before, wasn't it? Or is it something new?

ghostrider

imported post

HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

Nope. That's it.

But if you insist on your circular answer, then I would ask the additional question: Why have you nte chosen to excercise your right to OC an AR before? Why have you not done it? It was your right before, wasn't it? Or is it something new?
He answered the question.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

Nope. That's it.

Maybe you don't understand what freedom is.

It is for this reason that I cannot help you to understand.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Zig, he's asking why...the real reason.

Just like when DanM asked what the real reason is that someone felt OC is not conducive of a professional blah blah blah you know the rest.

You are basically insulting him by saying that he doesn't know what freedom means.

He's trying to get you and others to think deeper then "because it's me right".

How about this little exercise.

Write a list of pro's and con's for rifle OC

EM87

imported post

Guys, as much as I like reading discussions about OC, this is Kimberguy's thread, which he did not want responses in.

Kimberguy wrote:
I wanted to lock this thread as I do not wish it to become a discussion, I hope you all will respect this.

It would only be polite to create a new thread for a separate discussion.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, completely off-topic...

How does a troll like Hank T last so long? Do we keep him around for the giggles, or what?

:p

And, Kimber, just .02 cents here... I understand you not wanting others to take flack for your actions. Just remember that some of us LIKE taking flackwhen wehave your back. I personally don't carry a long arm, but I love arguing for your (and my) right to do so.

Peace and goodwill to youfolk here on OCDO. I enjoy the company, even when I disagree with you.

ghostrider

imported post

dougwg wrote:

Just like when DanM asked what the real reason is that someone felt OC is not conducive of a professional blah blah blah you know the rest.

You are basically insulting him by saying that he doesn't know what freedom means.

I was typing out a response when I suddenly realized, "I thought this was the thread where he stated he didn't want it to be a discussion". If so, then maybe Hank T should start another thread with the question, or take it to PM.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Kimber, Im glad you got the guts to carry a carbine. It takes people like you to make a movement like ours succeed. And a statement like your original post is welcome, and refreshing. I fully support thr right to OC an AR. I wasnt even sure if we in michigan, could do it. Im not sure the public is ready for the all day every day OC of AR, and my .02 cents is to get them accustomed to it one step at a time. I say that with some hesitation however, as I dont like giving an advantage to the enemy. Maybe the wrong way to do the right thing, maybe not, I cant really say, but in any case I want the movement for OC in general to be successful, and a division among ourselves is certainly counterproductive. That said, I encourage everyone to re focus on the origional goal.

manicdevery

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
It seams I have caused one hell of a rift. For this I am sorry.

I will give no details, but it has been brought to my attention that this situation is costing some people in some serious ways.(do not ask it is not my place to disclose)

We are losing members, and people are fighting about this.

this is bull. If what I have decided to do has caused you grief, and if there is a way to rectify it, PM me. I will do what I can to make it right.

support ALL carry. CC, OC Long Arm OC.... I support it all.
And I am willing to take heat for what I do and what I believe, I DO NOT support anyone else taking the flack for what I decide to do. I did not ask you permission nor even your opinion on my OCing an AR. This was done strictly of my own accord.

For those who have been hurt by this I am sorry, and I will do what I can to make it right, I just need your help to know what that is.
KG
I wanted to have a problem with it only due to the fact that my glock has a hard enough time desensitizing the public, i truly loved seeing it there for the first time i got to meet you in person and the main reason i have decided to take the stand on supporting you is for the shear fact that we called and asked permission ahead of time, the manager was aware that we were not bad people and were treated as such. especially with how you said you would have dealt with the situation if he had asked you instead of calling the cops, i am behind you %100, on my own accord.

Devery

Haman J.T.

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:

I will give no details, but it has been brought to my attention that this situation is costing some people in some serious ways.(do not ask it is not my place to disclose)

this is bull. If what I have decided to do has caused you grief, and if there is a way to rectify it, PM me. I will do what I can to make it right.

And I am willing to take heat for what I do and what I believe, I DO NOT support anyone else taking the flack for what I decide to do. I did not ask you permission nor even your opinion on my OCing an AR. This was done strictly of my own accord.

For those who have been hurt by this I am sorry, and I will do what I can to make it right, I just need your help to know what that is.
KG
CARRY ON!

G

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:

KG
Keep doing exactly what you've been doing.

Don't let the minority opposition that wishes to segment OC persuade you do do otherwise.

Banger

imported post

K-guy, I at first thought this was a bit of a foolish choice but after sleeping on it I realized that while I probably wouldn't have walked into a restaurant with one it is definitely well within our rights to do so and to be persecuted for it is just not right! Its truly ashamed that it has come down to this and I definitely know where your coming from, I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. Hopefully we can get this issue ironed out and everyone here including myself can try to be a little more mature in how we post on this forum! Anyways just wanted to get that out there.

Paul

P.S. I still havent met you, I would love to get together and chat. I hate having a fellow OCer in my town and not know/talk to them. PM me and lets set something up.

Zukirider

imported post

IMO kimberguy acomplished exactly what we are trying to do here we have brought it to the public eye that it is perfectly legal to OC not only pistols but long guns as well and for that i applaud you, now as for every ones personal attacks against each other if you are on this forum then you are a supporter of open carry and there is no reason to bash other members for doing exacly what we say we are going to do OPEN CARRY respecfully, and as they say in hollywood no press is bad press i would have to say that to be true in this case as well

choover

imported post

dougwg wrote:

I agree. I think people should really go back and re read all of this and see how quick they jumped on Hank for a simple question. answering questions like that on a forum like this can help others decide if it is for them or not or help them answer to curious pedestrians should they decide to do it themselves.

I know Hank is considered the resident troll here but sometimes I think the questions he asks and the direction he tries to take the conversation has more potential to take the discussion in a direction people can learn from that so many of the garbage posts people make.