• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR OC

Kimberguy

imported post

It seams I have caused one hell of a rift. For this I am sorry.

I will give no details, but it has been brought to my attention that this situation is costing some people in some serious ways.(do not ask it is not my place to disclose)

We are losing members, and people are fighting about this.

this is bull. If what I have decided to do has caused you grief, and if there is a way to rectify it, PM me. I will do what I can to make it right.

support ALL carry. CC, OC Long Arm OC.... I support it all.
And I am willing to take heat for what I do and what I believe, I DO NOT support anyone else taking the flack for what I decide to do. I did not ask you permission nor even your opinion on my OCing an AR. This was done strictly of my own accord.

For those who have been hurt by this I am sorry, and I will do what I can to make it right, I just need your help to know what that is.
KG

SpringerXDacp

imported post

You didn't do anything wrong, there's absolutely no reason for an apology. It's not your fault there's so many bleeding hearts roaming across the country.

Kimberguy

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
You didn't do anything wrong, there's absolutely no reason for an apology. It's not your fault there's so many bleeding hearts roaming across the country.
I know I did not do anything wrong. But other people are dealing with the reprocutions, and that does not sit well with me. These people have my back and these people are my friends!

I wanted to lock this thread as I do not wish it to become a discussion, I hope you all will respect this.

T Vance

imported post

You did nothing wrong. Sadly, other people may be "catching flack" because they were around you, but it's not like they were OCing an AR. If people have a problem with someone being around someone OCing an AR-15, they probably still have a problem with people OCing handguns, and they (not referring to anyone on here) are just trying use the excuse that the AR-15 is the issue. There really isn't much difference between OCing a rifle or a handgun. They are both capable of doing the same thing (as far as operation goes). Really the only difference is the caliber of the round, and the distance in accuracy. When it comes to OCing for educational purposes, which is what the purpose of the Ponderosa lunch was supposed to be, a gun is a gun.

What's done is done. There really isn't anything you can do about it now. Sure it sucks to see friends affected by something you think you did, but it's the people (again not referring to anyone on this site) that have the problem with OC in general that are trying to bully your friends around; and they are just using the AR-15 as an excuse.

ghostrider

imported post

I thing autosurgeon said it best on the other thread. I don't think it had anything to do with the long gun, but was instead a set up by the manager and the police officers involved.

People singling you out is just another example of CC'ers accusing OC'ers of endangering their "rights" (which the have to ask permission to exercise).

While I am sure there are going to be repressions for the long arm, I doun't this incident had anything to do with it. It was just an excuse.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
I know I did not do anything wrong. But other people are dealing with the reprocutions, and that does not sit well with me. These people have my back and these people are my friends!

I wanted to lock this thread as I do not wish it to become a discussion, I hope you all will respect this.

mikestilly

imported post

No discussion really. There was no problem with the AR and I wouldnt hesitate to OC an AR in the future. It's not called Michigan Pistol Open Carry. If it's legal and you own it and it's legal to OC by all means open carry it! Not much more needs to be said in my opinion.

malignity

imported post

Hey man, don't apologize on an Open Carry forum for Open Carrying. Everyone knows the risk when they OC; it's definitely something we've all become aware of if you've been here over a week.

It sucks that certain people are taking the flack for this, and honestly, the whole 'guilty by association' thing is getting old, pretty quick. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Others shouldn't have to pay for what you've done, even though you were within your lawful right to do so.

If you affiliate yourself with MOC, you must be prepared to take on some negative connotation of open carrying; just as you would if you joined the Michigan Militia or other like group. It's obvious that the general public is ansy about OC, and that it is generally received right now as a 'negative' thing, however, that's what we're here for, is to educate and make things more accepting.

This shouldn't be a time for fighting, and shouldn't be a time when people leave. This is a time when we should be coming together and helping each other. If you affiliate yourself with MOC, then helping your brothers out any way possible is what we should be doing. I commend you for taking the first step in apologizing, and though I don't think it's needed, I know you're not the only one that is willing to help right what's happened. If there's anything else any of us can do help, let us know, even if it's individual work; PM me and I'll be willing to help out.

[Edited after reading up on the 'rift' sutation]

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kimberguy wrote:

I will give no details, but it has been brought to my attention that this situation is costing some people in some serious ways.(do not ask it is not my place to disclose)

this is bull. If what I have decided to do has caused you grief, and if there is a way to rectify it, PM me. I will do what I can to make it right.

And I am willing to take heat for what I do and what I believe, I DO NOT support anyone else taking the flack for what I decide to do. I did not ask you permission nor even your opinion on my OCing an AR. This was done strictly of my own accord.

For those who have been hurt by this I am sorry, and I will do what I can to make it right, I just need your help to know what that is.
Are you going to do it again?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Kimberguy wrote:
It seams I have caused one hell of a rift.  For this I am sorry.

this is bull.  If what I have decided to do has caused you grief, and if there is a way to rectify it, PM me.  I will do what I can to make it right.

support ALL carry.  CC, OC Long Arm OC.... I support it all.
And I am willing to take heat for what I do and what I believe, I DO NOT support anyone else taking the flack for what I decide to do.  I did not ask you permission nor even your opinion on my OCing an AR.  This was done strictly of my own accord.

Even if he's not going to OC a long arm again (but I know he will), I will.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Kimberguy wrote:

Even if he's not going to OC a long arm again (but I know he will), I will.
Why will you do it?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

Because it's my right. Do I need another reason?

That's it?

Do you do everything that is your right?

There has to be more motivation than "Because it's my right."

Think freely.

mikestilly

imported post

HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

How about we want to exercize our rights because we dont want someone like Obama, Reid, Palosi, or mayor Bloomberg to take away our rights. These are rights we dont want infringed! Same pretty much goes with OCing any firearms.

DanM

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
We are losing members . . .

Good. This movement is "open carry", not "handgun open carry", "no drop-leg holsters open carry", etc.

To those who have a problem with any legal firearm lawfully carried:

See ya, and don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
HankT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why will you do it?

That's it?

Think freely.

How about we want to exercize our rights because we dont want someone like Obama, Reid, Palosi, or mayor Bloomberg to take away our rights. These are rights we dont want infringed! Same pretty much goes with OCing any firearms.

Well, I was interested in ZZZ's explanation of his real reason...

But with reference to your reason....are you referring to OCing a loaded AR?