• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger 10/22

wally1120

imported post

Ihave a Ruger 10/22, And am thinking about doing some customizations to it, But I don`t know what I want to do yet. If anyone has a custom Ruger, And don`t mind posting pics of it, I would greatly apperciate it. I am just wanting to see what one looks like before I start buying a bunch of stuff, And find out I don`t like it, So I am just wanting to see what people have pieced together with the Ruger 10/22.

sevenplusone

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Ihave a Ruger 10/22, And am thinking about doing some customizations to it, But I don`t know what I want to do yet. If anyone has a custom Ruger, And don`t mind posting pics of it, I would greatly apperciate it. I am just wanting to see what one looks like before I start buying a bunch of stuff, And find out I don`t like it, So I am just wanting to see what people have pieced together with the Ruger 10/22.
What is it you're trying to accomplish with it? Customization strictly for looks? Improved accuracy? Comfort?

wally1120

imported post

I dont need to do anything for accuracy, The one I have is Bone Stock from 1994 and I punch alot of small holes, Making one big hole. I don`t know what I want to do with it right now, I am thinking more of something with a collasable stock. I don`t want to put a Bull BBL on it, It makes the gun a bit to heavy for what I am wanting. I am just trying to get ideas on what other people have done to there 10/22 with pictures, I don`t know if I will even do anything to it. But I will decide after I see pictures of different stock on the Ruger, One thing is the stock CAN`t go over the Reciever of the Gun. I do have a Scope mounted on it, And I will NOT take the scope off of it, I have the scope where it needs to be to pepper big holes in the target.

wally1120

imported post

I have seen the Gat before, I am looking for something little bit more portable. I like the first one, But I would have to remove the scope and really don`t want to have to do that. I have seen a few different stock online that look cool, But I would like to see what it would actually look like on the Gun. But I am unsure if I will even change the stock on her.

Your post may have just been a little fun for ya, But I really don`t like being calle Waldo. So please don`t call me that again?

wally1120

imported post

I know I can put a scope on with the other stock on it, I just don`t want to take the scope off to put the stock on, Then have to sight the Gun again. I may not be able to get the scope off anyway, The screws were tourqued on pretty good. So I am just wanting something that I don`t have to take the scope off in the first place.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Change your stock, and you're probably going to throw off your zero anyway. The scope isn't just sighted in for the barrel, it's sighted in for the whole unit. A friend of mine had the same thought process for his 10/22. I told him he'd likely have to resight. He didn't believe me. Next thing I know, he's calling asking for help on sighting in, again. The stock changed his zero.

wally1120

imported post

I didn`t think that changing a stock would throw off the scope, I have never heard of that. But if I have to just hone in on some adjustments that is fine with me, I just don`t want to take the scope off of the Gun, Because that would be more then what I am wanting to do. I already have it dead on, But if I change the Stock, And have to do a couple of adjustments that is cool I guess.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Stocks will put different amounts of pressure on the reciever/barrel in different places. Enough to throw off the zero by varying amounts. The shape of the stock will also change how you hold the gun, how you look down the sights, or through the scope. How good the scope is will make a difference too. Google "parallax error". Any time you change something on a firearm, it's always good practice to re-sight.

There are tons of cool things available for 10/22's. Good luck, and have fun.

wally1120

imported post

I will have to check that out, Thank you. I would like to do something with the Ruger, But I am heavely debating on not doing anything to it now. I just don`t want to mess around sighting the gun in AGAIN, Already have done it a few times.

sevenplusone

imported post

Based on your responses it doesn't seem like changing it would improve things...the nice thing about 10/22s is how handy they are right from the start.

lil_freak_66

imported post

here is my baby.

maybe 150 in stuff for it,including the 2 high capacity magazines...so roughly 100 between the stock and scope.

here soon im going to add my rail system,and lights/lasers,and after i check some further law,a pistol foregrip if legal.

it is a "michigan handgun" though. and the carbine versionof the 10/22 with this stock would make it an sbr,as it is at exactly 26 1/4inches when folded.

the tapco collapsible stock is good.

but ati just put one out to rival the tapco collapsible stock,and i prefer the ati stock.

archangel is very expensive for what you get imo.

btw i shoot between dime and nickel sized groups from bench at 50 yds with cci mini mags,which isnt match grade ammo imo.

but enough of my rambling....heres the picture!

100_0316.jpg

and yes i do have a silver colored scope base,just so i can tell people its not an evil black rifle.lol.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Be careful. That pistol might shoot off your big toe if you let it. :shock:

you mean that daisy powerline 15XT Co2 powered bb gun??

theyre like 30 bucks at wal mart.

thats why it was placed where it was,so the screw thing for the Co2 cylinder could be hidden by the bipod.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Sorry. Let me rephrase. "That pistol might dent your big toe if you let it".

How does it shoot? I have a CO2 revolver at home. I'm looking for one with a little more wallop.

eta: a springerxd smiley. ( i couldn't resist)

lil_freak_66

imported post

using an online recipe on making ballistics gel...it went in just over an inch.

over 300 fps easily though.

and semi auto.

actually i bought it to help teach myself how to work with a handgun for defense around the house,worked pretty good,its the same size as a real handgun roughly.

wally1120

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
here is my baby.

maybe 150 in stuff for it,including the 2 high capacity magazines...so roughly 100 between the stock and scope.
That isn`t bad at all.
here soon im going to add my rail system,and lights/lasers,and after i check some further law,a pistol foregrip if legal.
I dont know if I want to start adding to much onto the Gun
it is a "michigan handgun" though. and the carbine versionof the 10/22 with this stock would make it an sbr,as it is at exactly 26 1/4inches when folded.
I don`t think I would be able to put this stock on it then, I dont have the money to pay Taxes for the SBR $hit
the tapco collapsible stock is good.

but ati just put one out to rival the tapco collapsible stock,and i prefer the ati stock.

archangel is very expensive for what you get imo.
I don`t want anything like the Archangel, I don`t want to have to take the scope off, Just to put a new stock on the Gun. But I will have to check out the Tapco`s maybe, Still unsure if I want to change stock on it.
btw i shoot between dime and nickel sized groups from bench at 50 yds with cci mini mags,which isnt match grade ammo imo.
I too can get GREAT groups with my 10/22, I don`t need anything put on it for accuracy, Just wanting to change the looks of it a bit.

but enough of my rambling....heres the picture!

100_0316.jpg

and yes i do have a silver colored scope base,just so i can tell people its not an evil black rifle.lol.

lil_freak_66

imported post

the stock comes 3 inches past the rear of the reciever when folded.

so measuring from the end of your reciever to the front,and adding 3 inches will tell you if it'd be legal w/o nfa or not.

and a collapsible will for sure keep you legal.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Could you cite the law for us please that makes this a SBR?