Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: MGO poll

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,544

    Post imported post

    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?p=727071

    Check it out.

    I, for one, look forward to seeing what gun owners in Michigan tend to think about the activity.

  2. #2
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Wow some good comments... and a few goofy ones
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,416

    Post imported post

    autosurgeon wrote:
    Wow some good comments... and a few goofy ones
    Starting with the first post.

  4. #4
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Yeah the OP is a bit confused
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  5. #5
    Regular Member EM87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    987

    Post imported post

    *facepalm* at the whole question. It's worded in that way specifically to start an argument.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

  6. #6
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    Moderation over there is out of control. The thread was 4 pages long, with a few remarks about a username. Now it's 3 pages, with all those remarks gone. Doug, they don't like what you say very much, do they?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    what, did they censor what they diddnt want to hear?

    How you gonna suppore the second, without honoring the first.

    They wont like what I had to say either.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plymouth/Canton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    MGO is crock of sh1t now.... Until MGOs board members remove the adult children from the moderator positions within the group and forum board in its entirety, I will no longer be supporting them.

    I have been a member on MGO since 2007, and I have seen a rapid decline in the way MGO members and moderators act. In my opinion, MGO and a majority of its members only support the CC of firearms. With this being said, they at MGO no longer have a purpose for me.

    Between restricting who can view a forum section is ridiculous. And then on top of that deleting entire threads and posts because someone got put down because of their hypocritical views and polls.

    My last post on the MGO site was October 21, 2007. I was flamed in my own post for trying to sell a preban radio on their for sale section. I was flamed then my thread deleted.

    Until MGO can fix themselves, I will no longer be donating or contributing to them or their organization.

    I will not tolerate the childish behavior of MGO, its members and the like, who are hypocrites of my constitutional rights.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    As i have said before, which is in agreement with some of the post on that link, I hope that the ar-15 didn't do more harm than good. loved it, feel my comments would be more supportive if we weren't trying to desensitize the already gun scared public, let alone the LEOs that try to enforce "imaginary" laws. but i at heart feel,
    We are free or we are not!

    Devery

  10. #10
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    worth a vote but not worth a comment
    United we STAND!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    THway wrote:
    MGO is crock of sh1t now.... Until MGOs board members remove the adult children from the moderator positions within the group and forum board in its entirety, I will no longer be supporting them.

    I have been a member on MGO since 2007, and I have seen a rapid decline in the way MGO members and moderators act. In my opinion, MGO and a majority of its members only support the CC of firearms. With this being said, they at MGO no longer have a purpose for me.

    Between restricting who can view a forum section is ridiculous. And then on top of that deleting entire threads and posts because someone got put down because of their hypocritical views and polls.

    My last post on the MGO site was October 21, 2007. I was flamed in my own post for trying to sell a preban radio on their for sale section. I was flamed then my thread deleted.

    Until MGO can fix themselves, I will no longer be donating or contributing to them or their organization.

    I will not tolerate the childish behavior of MGO, its members and the like, who are hypocrites of my constitutional rights.
    It's not just the Mods, it's also a few who have influential powers by way of wallets and post count, IMO of course.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    Awwww, the OP @ MGO diddnt like the way the argument went, and closed the thread

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    stainless1911 wrote:
    Awwww, the OP @ MGO diddnt like the way the argument went, and closed the thread
    What did you expect? It's their SOP.

  14. #14
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    The cross forum bashing needs to stop.

    Did you not see the results of the poll?

    Some here are grouping all of MGO togather just like we hate it when SOME of those on MGO do the same.

  15. #15
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    dougwg wrote:
    The cross forum bashing needs to stop.

    Did you not see the results of the poll?

    Some here are grouping all of MGO togather just like we hate it when SOME of those on MGO do the same.
    I agree... there are agitators in both places... as hard as it is the only solution is to ignore them.

    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  16. #16
    Activist Member hamaneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    Post imported post

    manicdevery wrote:
    As i have said before, which is in agreement with some of the post on that link, I hope that the ar-15 didn't do more harm than good. loved it, feel my comments would be more supportive if we weren't trying to desensitize the already gun scared public, let alone the LEOs that try to enforce "imaginary" laws. but i at heart feel,
    We are free or we are not!

    Devery
    No one got arrested(cuffed etc.etc.).Some people would notice that!The police had to back down because they had no crime,that would be noticed too by anyone with a brain!I would call that a show of legality and a fine impression on folks who didn't know the gun laws in this state! Hooray for the patriots!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

    NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    The OP in that thread is a seriously screwed up individual.

    If he has such unfounded bias in all of his everyday activities, I don't think he should have a gun at all... :-(
    He's prone to hurt someone.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    hamaneggs wrote:
    manicdevery wrote:
    As i have said before, which is in agreement with some of the post on that link, I hope that the ar-15 didn't do more harm than good. loved it, feel my comments would be more supportive if we weren't trying to desensitize the already gun scared public, let alone the LEOs that try to enforce "imaginary" laws. but i at heart feel,
    We are free or we are not!

    Devery
    No one got arrested(cuffed etc.etc.).Some people would notice that!The police had to back down because they had no crime,that would be noticed too by anyone with a brain!I would call that a show of legality and a fine impression on folks who didn't know the gun laws in this state! Hooray for the patriots!
    hamaneggs is right. I arrived just after the police left and I didnt see any families fleeing the scene and when we went to McDonalds we had a great time. People were very nice and several people were asking asking for info about open carry. I noticed some people even working there were interested. Battle Creek was extremely successful in my opinion as for the public is concerned. It's a testament to the fact that even if some jerk manager tried to ruin our day things still went very positive and had a good outcome! Even training for Lansing Police based on what Brian said! How cool is that.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    I started a poll that is straight forward, and doesn't have loaded question(s) like the first poll that was made by BillyTheWop.

    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78556

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    :P

  21. #21
    Guest

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    I started a poll that is straight forward, and doesn't have loaded question(s) like the first poll that was made by BillyTheWop.

    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78556
    Let's see how long before that one get's censored and locked/dumped.

    I'm betting page 5.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    So far page 5. Still open. I say page 16. They seemed to get closed in the mid-teens.

  23. #23
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    as long as Dumb Dumb stays the hell out of it, I think the tread will do fine.

  24. #24
    Guest

    Post imported post

    dougwg wrote:
    as long as Dumb Dumb stays the hell out of it, I think the tread will do fine.
    Did he get a new name? I haven't seen him in the OC threads lately. They seem to be lasting a bit longer too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •