• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last Post

WARCHILD

imported post

I have contacted Brian and withdrew my resignation, if he will accept it. For as much as he has supported me with the talk show and his exhaustive work for MOC; I must remain and support him in any way I can.
I do not have the right to take out my frustrations of a few, against the group as a whole and for that I apologize.

Kimberguy’s actions had no effect on my actions at all. That was in no way a factor in my prior decision.

What is a factor, has been the targeted attacks on most of my posts for over a month. It makes it apparent that I have nothing to contribute to posts on this site other than flame fodder and personal attacks; So, I won’t bother to make any more since I have nothing viable to contribute to the forum.
I will however do the best I can to support Brian and MOC as a whole, from the back of the bus so to speak.
As for OCDO/MI forum, the only posts I may make will be dates and times for the talk show.

I would assume by the tolerance of the forum to allow the personal attacks and sarcasms I’ve seen increasing over the last year; This must be the new acceptance and toleration to belong to the group. This was part of the reasoning I ranted on again about respect, and even that was flamed back at me. Well so be it, I have enjoyed meeting those of you at events and appreciate you input I wish you all well but the direction this forum is going it will be a bumpy ride for as long as it lasts.

Be Well

autosurgeon

imported post

I hoped you would stay on with MOC!! And if you ever have the need to talk or want to discuss OC feel free to PM me. I am sure that many others feel the same as most of us appreciate your hard work and contributions here and elsewhere.

Talk to you on Sat.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I'm sorry it's come to this. I'm still holding out hope that you will reconsider, sooner or later. I appreciate your input here. Don't be a stranger.

joe_robi

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
What is a factor, has been the targeted attacks on most of my posts for over a month. It makes it apparent that I have nothing to contribute to posts on this site other than flame fodder and personal attacks; So, I won’t bother to make any more since I have nothing viable to contribute to the forum.
i have felt the same way

ghostrider

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

I would assume by the tolerance of the forum to allow the personal attacks and sarcasms I’ve seen increasing over the last year; This must be the new acceptance and toleration to belong to the group. This was part of the reasoning I ranted on again about respect, and even that was flamed back at me. ..

Be Well
I've noticed the same thing. It seems to have transferred over here from another site as it is much more characteristic of that site than this one. I suppose one could say that's a result of mixing fresh water with salt water. It all becomes salty.

The level of childishness on this site has IMHO brought it down and put a stain on the movement as a whole. Personally, I usually stay away from threads like that for the most part.

I probably shouldn't say it, but I'm going to anyway. "The actions of one or some on this site are starting to glaringly parallel those of someone else on another site." Different vein, same strain.

Just remember people; "Trashy people (only trashy people), talk trash."

UCWT

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I have contacted Brian and withdrew my resignation, if he will accept it. For as much as he has supported me with the talk show and his exhaustive work for MOC; I must remain and support him in any way I can.
I do not have the right to take out my frustrations of a few, against the group as a whole and for that I apologize.  

Kimberguy’s actions had no effect on my actions at all. That was in no way a factor in my prior decision.

I will however do the best I can to support Brian and MOC as a whole, from the back of the bus so to speak.
As for OCDO/MI forum, the only posts I may make will be dates and times for the talk show.   

I would assume by the tolerance of the forum to allow the personal attacks and sarcasms I’ve seen increasing over the last year; This must be the new acceptance and toleration to belong to the group. This was part of the reasoning I ranted on again about respect, and even that was flamed back at me. Well so be it, I have enjoyed meeting those of you at events and appreciate you input I wish you all well but the direction this forum is going it will be a bumpy ride for as long as it lasts.

Be Well

hey brah

i haven't been here long and i haven't dished out the cash for my membership yet and don't know the inner workings but.....

screw them and the computer they sit at.
its the Internet!
everybody is a bad ass know it all behind a keyboard at home but action talks and bullshit sets at home in their contaminated gene pool.

brother everyone of you that has set aside the time and trouble for this cause are the BLEACH to combat all the know it all, bad ass, Internet retards.

you don't know me from adam but you being a seasoned supporter of this cause i would hope that you give yourself some time to relax, give it a bit and see where you are after.

anyway my .02

B

Bikenut

imported post

While I can't speak for Warchild I can speak for myself...

I have been extremely disturbed by the direction OC in general has been going lately. The "in your face it's my RIGHT!" attitude of some just isn't conducive to effecting positive change.

YES! IT IS YOUR (AND MY) RIGHT! And that covers sidearms and long guns.

However... some thought must be given as to what purpose this group is hoping to achieve. As far as I understand it, the purpose of OC.org, and MOC, is to educate and desensitize the public concerning the rightful and lawful carry of firearms. If that is the purpose then the efforts of those who say they are in support of that should (my opinion) direct their efforts to discovering what the most effective means of educating the public are... and pursuing those means.

And I can tell everyone right now... scaring the crap out of the public with carrying a long arm into a restaurant during a time in history when uninformed about guns and rights citizens are afraid of terrorism... just isn't going to further those goals of educating and desensitizing.

Do we have the RIGHT! to carry a long gun to a restaurant? Of course! The question that folks need to ask themselves though is:

Will carrying a sidearm or long arm in this situation help the cause of freedom? Or am I doing it just because I can and screw anyone who doesn't like it?

Edited to add:

And please remember... this forum is being watched by a whole bunch more folks than just interested citizens.... it would behoove us to keep that in mind when posting.

Now... directly to Warchild....

You have my respect Sir!

EM87

imported post

I never met you, WARCHILD, but I have read most of what you have posted over the past six months or so since I joined the forum. I am sad to see you go, but I see why you're doing it. I wish you the best and hope to see you back someday when people decide to be more mature.

Carry on.

Matt

mikestilly

imported post

Bikenut wrote:

I have been extremely disturbed by the direction OC in general has been going lately. The "in your face it's my RIGHT!" attitude of some just isn't conducive to effecting positive change.

However... some thought must be given as to what purpose this group is hoping to achieve. As far as I understand it, the purpose of OC.org, and MOC, is to educate and desensitize the public concerning the rightful and lawful carry of firearms. If that is the purpose then the efforts of those who say they are in support of that should (my opinion) direct their efforts to discovering what the most effective means of educating the public are... and pursuing those means.

And I can tell everyone right now... scaring the crap out of the public with carrying a long arm into a restaurant during a time in history when uninformed about guns and rights citizens are afraid of terrorism... just isn't going to further those goals of educating and desensitizing.

Do we have the RIGHT! to carry a long gun to a restaurant? Of course! The question that folks need to ask themselves though is:

Will carrying a sidearm or long arm in this situation help the cause of freedom? Or am I doing it just because I can and screw anyone who doesn't like it?

Edited to add:

And please remember... this forum is being watched by a whole bunch more folks than just interested citizens.... it would behoove us to keep that in mind when posting.

You have my respect Sir!

I felt this post was quite insulting!
I feel you make these statements based on ignorance. Were you at BC & Lansing? Who are you to tell us how the public percived us. Looks like you're talking about your own personal misconseptions of what is taking place. I dont recall you being there so where us your perceptions coming from????

As to us scaring anyone I say thats a lie based on me physically being present & seeing real reactions! Overall people supported what we were doing. I didnt see anyone even get upset.

If I felt like what we was doing was negative I'd be the first person to tell everyone! After being present at these events this is just not the case. As for the LEOs I dont live my life beholdent to their opinions. I do everthing possible to be 100% lawful and thanks to sone great friends on here I've been able to do so. Its not easy with these confusing firearms laws.

Mike

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Im relitively new here, but from what Ive seen, Warchild, you are an asset to MOC as a whole. I too have been personally attacked here, and it has affected my opinions and motivations. After getting screwed in court, and then getting called all but a liar by those supposed to be on my side, it makes it difficult to move forward. Im not one to quit however, live and learn, and move on. I sincerely hope that you feel the same way.

mikestilly

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Im relitively new here, but from what Ive seen, Warchild, you are an asset to MOC as a whole. I too have been personally attacked here, and it has affected my opinions and motivations. After getting screwed in court, and then getting called all but a liar by those supposed to be on my side, it makes it difficult to move forward. Im not one to quit however, live and learn, and move on. I sincerely hope that you feel the same way.

If my proposal is adopted by MOC Inc I feel we can resolve this problem. The personal attacks can be stopped easily and we could bring some order from chaos posting. I truely hope to bring some positive news from this weekend.

B

Bikenut

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

Edited to add:

You have my respect Sir!

I felt this post was quite insulting!
I feel you make these statements based on ignorance. Were you at BC & Lansing? Who are you to tell us how the public percived us. Looks like you're talking about your own personal misconseptions of what is taking place. I dont recall you being there so where us your perceptions coming from????

As to us scaring anyone I say thats a lie based on me physically being present & seeing real reactions! Overall people supported what we were doing. I didnt see anyone even get upset.

If I felt like what we was doing was negative I'd be the first person to tell everyone! After being present at these events this is just not the case. As for the LEOs I dont live my life beholdent to their opinions. I do everthing possible to be 100% lawful and thanks to sone great friends on here I've been able to do so. Its not easy with these confusing firearms laws.

Mike
Mike.. I was speaking in general terms and not specifically the Lansing incident using the general reference of a "restaurant" because it is so fresh in everyone's minds. If that isn't clear in my post I apologize for being unclear.

However, I don't have to be at the scene of an incident to extrapolate the possible impact of that scene.

Tell me please... exactly what impression do you think the patrons of the Lansing Ponderosa took home with them? A positive one? Do you think any of them even knew what happened? Or what rights were involved?

Who is the OC movement about? You? Me? The police? The public? Sidearms? Long guns? Rights?

Or is the movement really about educating all of the above about all those things?

I know who I'm trying to reach when I OC. And I know what message I am trying to get across. And it isn't about me and my rights. It is about informing the public that everyone has the same rights.

By the way... there are plenty of postings that I find insulting... but rather than get my pride all up in a bunch I prefer to address the topic of discussion.

Of course this is a free country... :D

autosurgeon

imported post

I agree in BC we were getting horn honks thumbs up and people hanging out of their cars to tell us they supported us! And it wasn't just a few either!

I was not in Lansing but I don't imagine it was much different.

mastiff69

imported post

Hey Warchild, we haven't met i quite a while, i am concerned that there are issues of disharmony on this site as well, and i am sorry that individuals unknown to me are causing you problems, As you area Senior member, maybe we myself included get the broom out and sweep the trolls and the nons out of hear ?

Feel free to pm me as i am having personal issues also ! we can talk more then.

Sincerely Steven J. Koch

A nobody from Battle Creek Mi.:D

Well it is time for me to part ways,

I have done what i can do, and others want to push this further to the next level, i do not believe that the public is going to be receptive to this next push,andi guess my involvement is over, and i shall continue to stand my ground, and fight the good fight in battle creek .

To all of you out there, be safe,smart, and always righteous.....................

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT?

A house divided cannot stand. I either missed the attacks made against Warchild here or they went over my simple head. What I do know though is this is BS. We are a damn team here people. Each and every one of us needs to recognize the valuewe allbring to table here or we are doomed right now. Sell your guns and fall down on your knees and worship Obama type doomed.

The writting is on the wall, will you erase it or add to it?

B

Bikenut

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS @#$%?

A house divided cannot stand. I either missed the attacks made against Warchild here or they went over my simple head. What I do know though is this is BS. We are a damn team here people. Each and every one of us needs to recognize the valuewe allbring to table here or we are doomed right now. Sell your guns and fall down on your knees and worship Obama type doomed.

The writting is on the wall, will you erase it or add to it?
Well said Sir!

Will we work together to achieve the common goal? Or not?

ghostrider

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Mike.. I was speaking in general terms and not specifically the Lansing incident using the general reference of a "restaurant" because it is so fresh in everyone's minds. If that isn't clear in my post I apologize for being unclear.

However, I don't have to be at the scene of an incident to extrapolate the possible impact of that scene.

Tell me please... exactly what impression do you think the patrons of the Lansing Ponderosa took home with them? A positive one? Do you think any of them even knew what happened? Or what rights were involved?

Who is the OC movement about? You? Me? The police? The public? Sidearms? Long guns? Rights?

Or is the movement really about educating all of the above about all those things?

I know who I'm trying to reach when I OC. And I know what message I am trying to get across. And it isn't about me and my rights. It is about informing the public that everyone has the same rights.

By the way... there are plenty of postings that I find insulting... but rather than get my pride all up in a bunch I prefer to address the topic of discussion.

Of course this is a free country... :D
Mike's post was in response to your comment about the AR. You've been saying that the issue is the AR, but the reality is that that just isn't so. It wasn't about the AR. What happened in Lansing was the result of a Manager who most likely was using his position to try to cause trouble for the group. The police hardly acknowledged the AR, and the public in general had quite the positive response to it. Chris was standing on the corner with only one other person when people drove by honking and waving in support. If anything, it was just the opposite of what you seem to imagine happened. I find it quite fascinating that you continue to insist that the rifle was a problem when it's obvious (especially to everyone who was there) that the rifle was not the problem. If any guns were a problem at those events, then it was "any" guns, and the rifle is now being used as an excuse.

Why is it you are so persistent in not accepting that the AR was not a problem?

lil_freak_66

imported post

warchild,i was glad to have met you at the owosso lunch back in december.

i agree with you,the personal attacks and such have become out of control.

now onto my views on long arms at OC events

i see no problems with long arm OC,however i feel that there are appropriate and not appropriate times to do it at events,on a case by case basis,depending on the situation.