• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in Eastern KY.

Flashbang

imported post

I have kept a pistol nearby for almost 4 decades, but finding this site and recent events have prompted me to begin OCing. Many CC in my hometown, but OCing on a regular basis appears to be unpopular. I hope to change that along the way. The most asked questions are, "Do you have a license to carry that?" or "Do you have to have a license to carry that?" Since many OC when ATV riding, I suppose most believe it is OK to OC when heading into the mountains, but not in daily life. When I explain the situation, most get that "I had no idea" look. I try to OC in a different business each week or so and watch reactions from employees and customers. Now that I have given the matter some thought, I wonder why do we not?

Statesman

imported post

Welcome to OCDO!

We're all too familiar with the experiences you go through. OC has fallen out of favor, until recently, most likely due to social pressures and anti-gun rhetoric from statist leftists.

Be sure to update your profile to include your general location (Kentucky), or better yet, your city. I believe the site owners like to maintain a count of supporters in each area.

Checkout the sticky threads for the open carry pamphlet, and the list of OC friendly and unfriendly businesses. You can hand out the KY pamphlets to those who ask questions.

Flashbang

imported post

Thanks for the welcome. I was at the local market just a few minutes ago and a city police officer walked in. One sneaky, quick glance and along he went. The checkout girl paid no mind at all. I am looking forward to warm weather, as myself and others will be out and about more and I should have many more opportunities to educate and encourage others to OC.