Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Openly Carrying a Long Arm

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here is a thread all about OC of long arms.

I am thinking about getting a shotgun to OC, just for the hell of it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Also, I am up for a courthouse demo with long arms. Anyone have a nice "black rifle" I could borrow?

Post imported post

If we could all move the long arm OC discussion here, that would be great...
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Banned

Post imported post

Good idea. the other thread wasnt really for discussion

Post imported post

i support long arm OC,and would do it gladly(maybe my 18th birthday party can be thrown by MOC this summer even?)

but again....i feel there is a time anda place for long arm carry,and a time and a place for handgun carry....if we move too far too fast we'll end back up at square 1
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:

Yup, me too...

Post imported post

i can't help but think that if the "long gun" kimberguy was carrying would have been a revolutionary war flintlock this all could have been avoided but then thought....

from what i have gathered from on here that kimberguy as i couldn't bear the reloading time of those "staples of our existence"

it just would have been
    "really!?! how many flintlocks does one guy need to carry" vs. OC of a AR

open carry is just that open carry.

we are all in the same boat going to the same place for the same reason. so what if his ore is longer.

i can see the view of it being counter productive if this is strictly a pistol OC cause but i would wager to guess that is what the pioneer OC pistol carriers got/get from anti gun and strictly CPL people.

(moved from kimberguy's post)

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Phoenixphire wrote:

Yup, me too...

you like the tremors series too????
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    you like the tremors series too????
    Yes. The underground traversing creatures in the movie remind of some people I know.

Post imported post

I will OC my Black WASR(30rd mag) as soon as I button up my drivers license.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

OC a long gun HUMM,

** i would suggest that we stick to what you would carry on a daily, day to day wear, and not go over the top.

If it is not something that you wouldwhere while atdinner, at the movies, mowing your yard, etc....

Post imported post

I have a Mossy, black synthetic, with an 18 inch barrel, and a scope.
    OR
    My NEF single shot 12g with rifled barrel, and handmade brazilian cherry stock.

Hmm,

I like the NEF. It has old school cool factor. Plus, I'm proud of the stock. I might have to sling that one...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

i have a mossberg shortie that is registered as a pistol.

Maybe i can carry it book of eli style, if i can find a way to secure it properly. and not dress like a homeless nomad....

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Banned

Post imported post

Its freakin Stupid. Sure its your right. Sure you want to express your right. Sure you want to look like and idiot and draw unneeded attention to yourself and others. Sure you want to "Desensatise" the public. Whatever YOU need to tell your self. The bottom line is its ridiculous and plain out stupid! Wake up! BEefore you got shot for your own stupidy!

Post imported post

I have my WASR registered too with a folder. You saw my quickdraw holster video.

Banned

Post imported post

dang wardog, you sound like a cop!

There has been a problem with personal attacks on this site, plaese dont go there.

Banned

Post imported post

Why other then the proving to yourself the 2nd amendment is alive and well would any body have a real reason to open carry a long gun. How is this tactical? Please explain this too me. I have seen several pics of people ocing long guns and in most pics another person can access the firearm faster then the person carrying the thing. Seriously This OC.INC is starting to look like the damn purple gang or some ****.

Post imported post

I've openly carried a long gun for years. Since around 12, I'd guess. That would make 23 years. Of course, I'm usually wearing cammies and an orange hat when I do, but what's the diff?

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Banned

Post imported post

Whats the difference HMMMM? OK hunting with a 308,30-06,shotgun or going to Mcdonalds with a AK or AR...HMMMMM

Post imported post

Just trying to lighten up the conversation a little. I'm sorry I have a sense of humor. I'll go hide in my hole now. TTYL

1776"

Post imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:

This idea of a few people is not seeming like a useful exercise.

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    Its freakin Stupid. Sure its your right. Sure you want to express your right. Sure you want to look like and idiot and draw unneeded attention to yourself and others. Sure you want to "Desensatise" the public. Whatever YOU need to tell your self. The bottom line is its ridiculous and plain out stupid! Wake up! BEefore you got shot for your own stupidy!
    I'd like to see a response. Why would someone be shot for OC'ing anything? Has anyone ever been shot OC'ing? Not that I've ever heard about ever! So are you trying to say someone will be murdered for OC'ing? I have a feeling that's highly unlikely. You're free to your opinions but you know what you're free to be a PC as you want but your PC will not encroach my right to bear arms either Open Carry or Concealed. It's a free country you want to go to a place where people kill you if you disagree with them go to Iran!

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    I'd like to see a response. Why would someone be shot for OC'ing anything? Has anyone ever been shot OC'ing? Not that I've ever heard about ever! So are you trying to say someone will be murdered for OC'ing? I have a feeling that's highly unlikely. You're free to your opinions but you know what you're free to be a PC as you want but your PC will not encroach my right to bear arms either Open Carry or Concealed. It's a free country you want to go to a place where people kill you if you disagree with them go to Iran!
    Mike, are you going to be at the Mike Cox rally this weekend?

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    The police told me the same thing about walking down the street with my gun in a holster when they stopped me and violated my constitutional rights,thereby bringing a federal lawsuit upon themselves!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    Shot for Oc'ing? How the hell did you come up with that? But guess what, With all the flak going around about this now there are members of the general public that nowKNOW that OC be it a handgun or long gun is legal. Was the public ready for the AR issue? maybe not, but it was K-guys decision and I'll back him up on it. Will it hurt thr OC issue? maybe or maybe not, only time will tell.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast