• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Openly Carrying a Long Arm

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Here is a thread all about OC of long arms.

I am thinking about getting a shotgun to OC, just for the hell of it.

This idea of a few people is not seeming like a useful exercise.

mikestilly

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Its freakin Stupid. Sure its your right. Sure you want to express your right. Sure you want to look like and idiot and draw unneeded attention to yourself and others. Sure you want to "Desensatise" the public. Whatever YOU need to tell your self. The bottom line is its ridiculous and plain out stupid! Wake up! BEefore you got shot for your own stupidy!

I'd like to see a response. Why would someone be shot for OC'ing anything? Has anyone ever been shot OC'ing? Not that I've ever heard about ever! So are you trying to say someone will be murdered for OC'ing? I have a feeling that's highly unlikely. You're free to your opinions but you know what you're free to be a PC as you want but your PC will not encroach my right to bear arms either Open Carry or Concealed. It's a free country you want to go to a place where people kill you if you disagree with them go to Iran!

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I'd like to see a response. Why would someone be shot for OC'ing anything? Has anyone ever been shot OC'ing? Not that I've ever heard about ever! So are you trying to say someone will be murdered for OC'ing? I have a feeling that's highly unlikely. You're free to your opinions but you know what you're free to be a PC as you want but your PC will not encroach my right to bear arms either Open Carry or Concealed. It's a free country you want to go to a place where people kill you if you disagree with them go to Iran!
Mike, are you going to be at the Mike Cox rally this weekend?

Haman J.T.

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Its freakin Stupid. Sure its your right. Sure you want to express your right. Sure you want to look like and idiot and draw unneeded attention to yourself and others. Sure you want to "Desensatise" the public. Whatever YOU need to tell your self. The bottom line is its ridiculous and plain out stupid! Wake up! BEefore you got shot for your own stupidy!
The police told me the same thing about walking down the street with my gun in a holster when they stopped me and violated my constitutional rights,thereby bringing a federal lawsuit upon themselves!

johnniebravo

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Shot for Oc'ing? How the hell did you come up with that? But guess what, With all the flak going around about this now there are members of the general public that nowKNOW that OC be it a handgun or long gun is legal. Was the public ready for the AR issue? maybe not, but it was K-guys decision and I'll back him up on it. Will it hurt thr OC issue? maybe or maybe not, only time will tell.

mikestilly

imported post

dougwg wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Mike, are you going to be at the Mike Cox rally this weekend?

Yep I will be there with the family and my parents will be there also. SprinklerGuy might be there as well.

G

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Why other then the proving to yourself the 2nd amendment is alive and well would any body have a real reason to open carry a long gun. How is this tactical? Please explain this too me. I have seen several pics of people ocing long guns and in most pics another person can access the firearm faster then the person carrying the thing. Seriously This OC.INC is starting to look like the damn purple gang or some @#$%.
Not hardly. The Purple Gang was a criminal organization that was so ruthless that even Capone's Chicago gang wouldn't interfere in their "operations".

All of the activities conducted here are lawful activities.

Why is there some problem with that.

Which of the lawful activities did you not lay your life down for.

I assume, based on your avatar, you wrote a check made payable to the United States of America in the amount of up to and including your life.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

HankT wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:
Here is a thread all about OC of long arms.

I am thinking about getting a shotgun to OC, just for the hell of it.

This idea of a few people is not seeming like a useful exercise.
And why not? Few firearms are more effective at a defensive range than a shotgun. By few I mean none.

As far as carrying a long gun personally, I have. I don't every day, but I won't say I will never again. It has its place.

To answer your question on how it is 'tactical', well, take into consideration the environment of your destination and your errands. If you are traveling outside the city, for example, an altercation may require a little more range than your sidearm allows.

If people are scared, that is the government and media's fault, not ours. In 1776, I challenge you to find one case where someone was told to leave because his rifle was not welcome. I will go further to say that when the constitution was being drafted, it was a time when handguns were a lot less common and less practical than long guns, and elaborate to say that there is almost no question that the right to keep and bear arms was referring to long guns as well.

I support all our rights, including some that the state government doesn't.

I do not support all of this flaming, insulting, bickering, sand-in-your-vagina bull@#$% that has been going on on this forum the last couple of days.

We are a COMMON PEOPLE with a COMMON GOAL

We are DIVIDED AMONGST OURSELVES, and it is TAKING US AWAY FROM THE REAL ISSUES AT HAND.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THOSE OPPOSED TO OUR RIGHTS WANT AND INTEND TO HAPPEN. THE ONLY WAY TO COLLAPSE US IS FROM THE INSIDE.

'Because I can' is a fantastic answer in my book.

I have the right to pursue happiness. It is no coincidence that happiness is a warm gun.

The incidents that have happened, yeah, just another hurdle. We can get over them because the law is on our side.

What pisses me off, and what I have a harder time forgiving, is CRUCIFYING OUR OWN FOR EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS, even if they are doing it differently than you are.

WE COMPLAIN THAT LEOs ILLEGALLY HASSLE US WHEN WE ARE IN THE RIGHT, WHEN THE LAW IS ON OUR SIDE, and then what do we do?

...We hassle ourselves internally for something that meets that exact same description.

We complain about Lansing/Warren/Jackson PD... when some of us are BEING Lansing/Warren/Jackson PD.

And lastly as a side note:
in most pics another person can access the firearm faster then the person carrying the thing
They just aren't carrying the right rig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGXeOYy-atc

Once armed, a free man cannot be disarmed. Only defeated.
/rant

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Evil, I wrote this in another thread and then read yours.:cool:.
"Spirited debate is great, but the tearing down of another because of differing opinions is just wrong. The fictitious Joe Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am." "All we want is the facts". All that other stuff is 4th grade playground crap. Just my opinion. I'll be glad to see the bitter stuff end. Distention is what our enemies are counting on. They cannot stop us by legal means. The REAL law is on our side(if they are really watching you, is it paranoia?). I fear that they will feed upon any division and will use the lame stream media to bolster their opposition. Gentlemen, start the debate."
springerdave.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
I have the right to pursue happiness. It is no coincidence that happiness is a warm gun.

Sorry, I don't buy into such simplism.

I stand away, far away,from infantile philosophy like the above derived from ... pop songs.

1245A Defender

imported post

HankT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

I stand away, far away,from infantile philosophy like the above derived from ... pop songs.
its not just pop hank,,, i love taking my star modelo super out of my shoulder holster after a day of carry,,,,its toasty warm,,and feels sooo good in my hand,,,,i does make me feel happy!:)

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
HankT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

its not just pop hank,,, i love taking my star modelo super out of my shoulder holster after a day of carry,,,,its toasty warm,,and feels sooo good in my hand,,,,i does make me feel happy!:)
I hate pop songs. Pop artists are why I got a gun in the first place :shock:

Just kidding, but see, I can say whatever I want without fear of HankT, because he lost all credibility with me almost before I joined this forum.

I have serious doubts as to whether or not he even owns a gun. Seems he just likes stirring up trouble on the internet, as he only seems to show up in volatile threads and say blatantly ignorant things and/or purposely fanning the fires where the don't need to be.

Does anyone else feel like 'State Researcher' may be a cleverly worded term for 'Police Informant' ?:celebrate

We know they read this stuff, and also, to quote myself
We are DIVIDED AMONGST OURSELVES, and it is TAKING US AWAY FROM THE REAL ISSUES AT HAND.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THOSE OPPOSED TO OUR RIGHTS WANT AND INTEND TO HAPPEN. THE ONLY WAY TO COLLAPSE US IS FROM THE INSIDE.

Sorry for taking this off topic...
carry on with the long gun OC chat.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
HankT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

I have serious doubts as to whether or not he even owns a gun.

Interesting. What is the basis for your having "serious doubts" that I own a gun, EC? What's your thinking?

39.gif

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
wardog6d wrote:

I think that one way an OCer could be shot would be in a LEO contact which goes awry. Say, with a loose canon LEO and a nervous or impetuous OCer. Say, an OCer who didn't follow specific instructions of a LEO.

Back in the day, there was the Tony's Seven who got swarmed by anxious cops who tried to bait the seven OCers. But they maintained their cool and compsureand the interaction did not turn violent.

I dread to think of what would have happened at the T7 event if some 18 year old, wet-behind-the-ears OCer with an "I GOT MY RIGHTS!" attitude had been there.

So, the way it could happen is a bad match between a flighty OCer and an overbearing (or scared) LEO....

There are some candidates for "flighty OCer" who've posted in this and other threads...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
HankT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

What caliber is that, 1245D?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Seems he just likes stirring up trouble on the internet, as he only seems to show up in volatile threads and say blatantly ignorant things ...
Can you cite an example of what you think is a "blatantly ignorant thing" that I've posted, EC?