• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Openly Carrying a Long Arm

lil_freak_66

imported post

i support long arm OC,and would do it gladly(maybe my 18th birthday party can be thrown by MOC this summer even?)

but again....i feel there is a time anda place for long arm carry,and a time and a place for handgun carry....if we move too far too fast we'll end back up at square 1

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Here is a thread all about OC of long arms.

I am thinking about getting a shotgun to OC, just for the hell of it.

Yup, me too...

shotgun.jpg
:lol:

UCWT

imported post

i can't help but think that if the "long gun" kimberguy was carrying would have been a revolutionary war flintlock this all could have been avoided but then thought....

from what i have gathered from on here that kimberguy as i couldn't bear the reloading time of those "staples of our existence"

it just would have been
"really!?! how many flintlocks does one guy need to carry" vs. OC of a AR

open carry is just that open carry.

we are all in the same boat going to the same place for the same reason. so what if his ore is longer.

i can see the view of it being counter productive if this is strictly a pistol OC cause but i would wager to guess that is what the pioneer OC pistol carriers got/get from anti gun and strictly CPL people.

(moved from kimberguy's post)

Haman J.T.

imported post

I will OC my Black WASR(30rd mag) as soon as I button up my drivers license.

mastiff69

imported post

OC a long gun HUMM,:cuss:

** i would suggest that we stick to what you would carry on a daily, day to day wear, and not go over the top.

If it is not something that you wouldwhere while atdinner, at the movies, mowing your yard, etc....

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I have a Mossy, black synthetic, with an 18 inch barrel, and a scope.
OR
My NEF single shot 12g with rifled barrel, and handmade brazilian cherry stock.

Hmm,

I like the NEF. It has old school cool factor. Plus, I'm proud of the stock. I might have to sling that one...

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Its freakin Stupid. Sure its your right. Sure you want to express your right. Sure you want to look like and idiot and draw unneeded attention to yourself and others. Sure you want to "Desensatise" the public. Whatever YOU need to tell your self. The bottom line is its ridiculous and plain out stupid! Wake up! BEefore you got shot for your own stupidy!

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Why other then the proving to yourself the 2nd amendment is alive and well would any body have a real reason to open carry a long gun. How is this tactical? Please explain this too me. I have seen several pics of people ocing long guns and in most pics another person can access the firearm faster then the person carrying the thing. Seriously This OC.INC is starting to look like the damn purple gang or some shit.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I've openly carried a long gun for years. Since around 12, I'd guess. That would make 23 years. Of course, I'm usually wearing cammies and an orange hat when I do, but what's the diff?

;)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Just trying to lighten up the conversation a little. I'm sorry I have a sense of humor. I'll go hide in my hole now. TTYL