Thread: 2009 Taxes

Post imported post

Has anyone done their 2009 taxes yet? I took a look and compared my 2009 federal withheld to my 2008 federal withheld, and its about $800 less this year! I asked a couple of other guys I work with, and theirs are about the same.

Talked to my Mom, who has already done her taxes. She always claims "0" on her W-4 so she gets the nice return every year. This year, she's getting about $800 dollars less back. Her withholding were also much less this year. Coincidence?

So she calls her accountant at work. He explains that this is because of the "stimulus" earlier in the year that allowed us all to keep more of our money (about $15 per week). What they DIDN'T say was that we weren't going to keep it for long. They still want that federal tax, they just didn't collect during that "stimulus" period.

So I'm asking any of you to take a look and compare your 2008 to your 2009 federal withheld on your W-2's. I just want to make sure this is affecting us all. And you can bet this is going to spur one helluva response at the Tea Parties this year!

*This thread is somewhat in response to the recent references to the Declaration of Independence, specifically:
    "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Post imported post

that is true from my last pay check in Dec. to the first check in Jan. is about $8.00 less

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Obama decided that people would be more prone to spend the extra $15 per paycheck than a one time "gift" which people tend to use to pay down debt which doesn't "stimulate" the economy.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

Yeah, that'd be fine if they said "we'll let you keep that extra $15 a week to stimulate the economy." But they're not letting us "keep" it, they're saying "we won't take that $15 a week out of your federal withholding, but we'll get that money back at the end of the year when you do your taxes!"

Post imported post

This year i actually am getting back from the state 280.00 more than i have to pay the fed. nice not having to dip into your own pockets. my accountant rocks.
    last year i paid in:? , the economy has caused a slight drop in bookings for the 2009 year. but my 2010 bookings are better right now, than this same period in 2008 so i am expecting a stellar year for a change.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm one of those guys that contributes to the governments annual 0% savings account by claiming 0 on my W-4. Inow have 4 deductions and lots ofinterestto itemize which "rewards" me with substantial refunds. Last year Igot analmost five-figure refunddue to medical expenses andthe lifetime learning credit. This year was a bit less, but enough for me to purchase an almost new camper for the family. I'm not one of those guys that can put away $500-$700 a month into savings for an annual purchase, so I let Uncle Sam (and Doyle) do it for me.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

READ MY LIPS: NO TAX INCREASES FOR ANYONE MAKING LESS THAN 250K

Obamarama is over

Post imported post

Thanks to my wife being laid off and on un-taxed unemployment since June, I get to pay IN $1300.

Yeaaaa - so after I work hard all year and she sits around enjoying the summer and fall I get to pay her taxes out of my hard earned money. Why am I married again?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You could file separate returns?

Post imported post

You would think, but it's even more expensive. As we are married we can file separate as married but not separate as single. Bottom line, feds get their money when we could use it most.