Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kalamazoo Long Gun OC Event

Post imported post

I have decided that I am no longer going to organize this event. I feel that the negative reaction at this time is too great.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

ill take the folding stock off my 10/22 and make it look like a firearm.

being under 18 limits me.

but any event during or after july ill gladly do it with my 870 or a donated evil black rifle
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

I was thinking early to mid March, but there's no reason we couldn't do another one later in the summer.

OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    I was thinking early to mid March, but there's no reason we couldn't do another one later in the summer.

OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?
    take the STOCK off it.

and carry the stock,since being under 18 i cant carry the actual firearm.

then tape one of my high capacity mags to the stock in the proper place.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

then this summer....carry the whole damn rifle!

Post imported post

Is there a reason it has to be in Kalamazoo?

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Is there a reason it has to be in Kalamazoo?
    Other than it's convenient for me, no. I would most likely not be able to make an event anywhere else though (except maybe Battle Creek) because I'm busy all the time and don't have time to drive across the state. Kalamazoo was the first suggestion (in another thread) so I just went with it.

Post imported post

personally i think it'd be good to do something similar like what we did last weekend.

hit up all major areas of the state in one day

Post imported post

Only reason I asked is you will draw much more people if you move it further east. I myself don't own a long arm yet Us non-long arm owners OC'ers would probably still like to join up with you guys. I dont think I can pull off another drive to Lansing or BC area for a while (4hrs of driving in all) Dont let that stop you from having it where ever is best for everyone I was only making suggestions.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?
    take the STOCK off it.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

Are you serious, lf66, you want to march through Kalamazoo Mall with arifle stock and a magazine taped to it?

Or are you just joshing?

Post imported post

normally i would respond with a serious answer,but you being our resident troll,will not get an answer!

lol.

(im not sure,but for an OC event i see little-no problem with doing it)

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Other then looking like a wanna be little kid.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?
    take the STOCK off it.

Are you serious, lf66, you want to march through Kalamazoo Mall with a*rifle stock and a magazine taped to it?

Or are you just joshing?
    If that's what you're planning I suggest you dont. Carrying a facsimile of a firearm is a serious crime in most cities in Michigan if not all of them. I suggest you wait a few months before you end up in jail to be honest.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Other then looking like a wanna be little kid.
    Thank you, You know how silly that would look to just carry around the stock of a Gun? And everyone else with you having the real deal standing next to you, I would have to laugh at what you plan on doing, And ask you were the rest of your Gun is.

Post imported post

I have to agree with Mike ... I know the wait is hard but you can still support the cause much better from outside the big house!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I have to agree with Mike ... I know the wait is hard but you can still support the cause much better from outside the big house!
    Think about how bad it would look if he was OC'ing a facsimile at an OC event and got arrested in our group. I've warned him a few times in PM but it looks like he's going rouge I suggest everyone steer clear of anyone OC'ing any facsimiles, airsoft or doing anything illegal. It's a good way to quickly make the news in quite the negative manor.

PS: I'm not picking on him I'm trying to bring to light the seriousness of what he's trying to do.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

but any event during or after july ill gladly do it with my 870 or a donated evil black rifle
    Maybe this would be more appropriate for you...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodp...amp;totCount=0

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodp...755&totCount=0
    He cant even OC that :P

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodp...amp;totCount=0
    He cant even OC that :P
    Not in his age bracket?:shock:

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Think about how bad it would look if he was OC'ing a facsimile at an OC event and got arrested in our group. I've warned him a few times in PM but it looks like he's going rouge I suggest everyone steer clear of anyone OC'ing any facsimiles, airsoft or doing anything illegal. It's a good way to quickly make the news in quite the negative manor.

PS: I'm not picking on him I'm trying to bring to light the seriousness of what he's trying to do.
    I agree with someone cary a "FAKE" Gun besides it looking goofier then $hit, You are taking a good chance on getting thrown into a cell. But that is what he wants to do let him, I wouldn`t recommend doing it however. Just let him do whatever he wants to do, He probly will do it anyway no matter how many times we tell him it is a bad idea.

That Marshmallow Blaster is pretty cool, It would be cool to shoot the Family Dogs with the Marshmallow blaster, HAHAHA am I sick?

Post imported post

Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.
    Hmmm.

I find that quite interesting.

Tell us lf66, what long gun, in your experience, do you find the most appropiate to utilize for this event?

I have several different types and I can't quite decide which would provide the desired result.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.
    Hmmm.

Tell us lf66, what long gun, in your experience, do you find the most appropiate to utilize for this event?

I have several different types and I can't quite decide which would provide the desired result.
    Just curious... what result do you desire? Just wondering what criteria folks are using to choose which long gun to carry?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.
    Hmmm.

Just curious... what result do you desire? Just wondering what criteria folks are using to choose which long gun to carry?
    Here's the criteria.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.
    Hmmm.

Here's the criteria.
    Believe it or not.. I was asking a serious question.

Small wonder folks get annoyed with discussing things on the forum.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Ok, he's not 18 yet.

Back on topic please.
    Hmmm.

I just happened to choose the idea of the AR15, because quite frankly, it's a familiar platform that people recognize as a "patriots rifle", the "bringer of freedom", etc. Versus the AK platform, which has a very negative "idea" attached to it, hence the reason why most departments ban it's use as a patrol rifle.

However, if we could flood this event with quite a selection of firearms, I don't think the public would look down upon someone choosing an AK-type weapon. Bottom line: Heck with it, bring out your AR15s, SKSs, AK-type rifles, Mosin-Nagants, Rem 700s, Winchester 94s.

The only requirement is a sling, to allow you to either african-carry, or static carry. Choose a solid sling, that allows minimal touching of the weapon itself.

Ideally, one city would be a better idea, with a month or two advanced notice. This would give us time to notify newspapers, television stations, and such. I think if we split it amongst two cities, less people would probably show up for either because people would say "Hey, I'm only going to go to the one that's closer to me!". If we do one city, the turnout would probably be quite a bit higher.

Ideally, Lansing, because we allllll know how they feel about open-carry.

-Richard-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast