• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kalamazoo Long Gun OC Event

EM87

imported post

I have decided that I am no longer going to organize this event. I feel that the negative reaction at this time is too great.

lil_freak_66

imported post

ill take the folding stock off my 10/22 and make it look like a firearm.

being under 18 limits me.

but any event during or after july ill gladly do it with my 870 or a donated evil black rifle

EM87

imported post

I was thinking early to mid March, but there's no reason we couldn't do another one later in the summer.

OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

lil_freak_66

imported post

EM87 wrote:
I was thinking early to mid March, but there's no reason we couldn't do another one later in the summer.

OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

and carry the stock,since being under 18 i cant carry the actual firearm.

then tape one of my high capacity mags to the stock in the proper place.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

then this summer....carry the whole damn rifle!

EM87

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Is there a reason it has to be in Kalamazoo?

Other than it's convenient for me, no. I would most likely not be able to make an event anywhere else though (except maybe Battle Creek) because I'm busy all the time and don't have time to drive across the state. Kalamazoo was the first suggestion (in another thread) so I just went with it.

lil_freak_66

imported post

personally i think it'd be good to do something similar like what we did last weekend.

hit up all major areas of the state in one day

mikestilly

imported post

Only reason I asked is you will draw much more people if you move it further east. I myself don't own a long arm yet :) Us non-long arm owners OC'ers would probably still like to join up with you guys. I dont think I can pull off another drive to Lansing or BC area for a while (4hrs of driving in all) Dont let that stop you from having it where ever is best for everyone :) I was only making suggestions.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

Are you serious, lf66, you want to march through Kalamazoo Mall with arifle stock and a magazine taped to it?

Or are you just joshing?

lil_freak_66

imported post

normally i would respond with a serious answer,but you being our resident troll,will not get an answer!

lol.

(im not sure,but for an OC event i see little-no problem with doing it)

mikestilly

imported post

HankT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

Are you serious, lf66, you want to march through Kalamazoo Mall with a rifle stock and a magazine taped to it?

Or are you just joshing?

If that's what you're planning I suggest you dont. Carrying a facsimile of a firearm is a serious crime in most cities in Michigan if not all of them. I suggest you wait a few months before you end up in jail to be honest.

wally1120

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Other then looking like a wanna be little kid.
Thank you, You know how silly that would look to just carry around the stock of a Gun? And everyone else with you having the real deal standing next to you, I would have to laugh at what you plan on doing, And ask you were the rest of your Gun is.:lol:

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I have to agree with Mike ... I know the wait is hard but you can still support the cause much better from outside the big house!

Think about how bad it would look if he was OC'ing a facsimile at an OC event and got arrested in our group. I've warned him a few times in PM but it looks like he's going rouge I suggest everyone steer clear of anyone OC'ing any facsimiles, airsoft or doing anything illegal. It's a good way to quickly make the news in quite the negative manor.

PS: I'm not picking on him I'm trying to bring to light the seriousness of what he's trying to do.

mikestilly

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
ill take the folding stock off my 10/22 and make it look like a firearm.

being under 18 limits me.

but any event during or after july ill gladly do it with my 870 or a donated evil black rifle
Maybe this would be more appropriate for you...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//TRUS.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-5712085dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=3478755&totCount=0

He cant even OC that :p
Not in his age bracket?:shock:

wally1120

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
I have to agree with Mike ... I know the wait is hard but you can still support the cause much better from outside the big house!

Think about how bad it would look if he was OC'ing a facsimile at an OC event and got arrested in our group. I've warned him a few times in PM but it looks like he's going rouge I suggest everyone steer clear of anyone OC'ing any facsimiles, airsoft or doing anything illegal. It's a good way to quickly make the news in quite the negative manor.

PS: I'm not picking on him I'm trying to bring to light the seriousness of what he's trying to do.

I agree with someone cary a "FAKE" Gun besides it looking goofier then $hit, You are taking a good chance on getting thrown into a cell. But that is what he wants to do let him, I wouldn`t recommend doing it however. Just let him do whatever he wants to do, He probly will do it anyway no matter how many times we tell him it is a bad idea.

That Marshmallow Blaster is pretty cool, It would be cool to shoot the Family Dogs with the Marshmallow blaster, HAHAHA am I sick?