• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indians seeking to enhance their gun rights

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...01/31/AR2010013102079.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Do these quotes sound familiar?

"We are outraged. We are not murderers. Instead of going after real criminals, the government is indulging in window dressing by bringing in gun control laws that target law-abiding citizens who have licensed guns," said Abhijeet Singh, 37, a software engineer....

"We want to remove the stigma on licensed gun owners," Singh said.

"An armed society is a polite society," said Rahoul Rai....

But unfortunately they have people without any knowledge of history in India as well:

"There is no place for a gun rights movement in India," said Julius Ribeiro, a former police officer who comments on security issues. "That kind of debate may work in America, but it will not work here, because laws are misused and guns can easily fall into the wrong hands. It can get dangerous in India."

Gundude

imported post

Quote from the India article....

To illustrate the point, gun advocates refer to a 2008 incident in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The clamor for gun licenses was so high, according to news media, that officials tried to induce men with large families to participate in a vasectomy program by promising a license in return.

I Had a vasectomy yrs ago.I can send proof if required.

I WANT MY CCPERMIT NOW!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mahtma Ghandi:
“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.”
class="sqq"

We have an open carrier up here in Washington who open carried before he found the forum who is Indian. And he gives a %15 percent discount to open carriers who come into his Restaurant.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Mahtma Ghandi:
“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.”
We have an open carrier up here in Washington who open carried before he found the forum who is Indian. And he gives a %15 percent discount to open carriers who come into his Restaurant.
Whaaaa? That's a trifecta of awesome: guns, indian food, and discounts.