• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, a few questions

aadvark

imported post

Everyone Listen Up!

I spent 4 hours conbing through The North Carolina General Statutes to find out just what Pistol Purchasieng Permit was, as I live in a State that does not have one.

I just got carried away in my, attempted, explanation... thats all.

Jag 06... did you really mean it... or were you being sarcastic?

Furthermore, I do not understand your Pepper Spray [Jackson] Article.

jag06

imported post

aadvark wrote:
Everyone Listen Up!

I spent 4 hours conbing through The North Carolina General Statutes to find out just what  Pistol Purchasieng Permit was, as I live in a State that does not have one.

I just got carried away in my, attempted, explanation... thats all.

Jag 06... did you really mean it... or were you being sarcastic?

Furthermore, I do not understand your Pepper Spray [Jackson] Article.

Did I mean what? Thanking you for the info you posted? Yes I really meant it.

Jdriver, thanks thats what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

chiefjason

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Thanks, CJ.

I read that a HPP is good for a period of five years, why would you need three of them?  Or do you turn the permit over to whomever you purchase from and they resubmit it to the state?

In a private sale it depends on the seller. IIRC an FFL has to take it. They did on my last purchase. Plus I just spent the $15 so I did not have to drive up again. I don't get into that part of the county much. I used 2 of them so no big loss for me. Even if you turn the PPP over there is no requirement to turn it over to the state for a FTF sale and FFL's keep them on record I assume. They are not connected to the firearm what so ever, it just proves the background check.

aadvark, do you have a question about the pepper spray comment? The reason I specified it was legal on a college campus is because there are some serious restriction on weapons for educational property. I have not found pepper spray mentioned in any of them. I think jag just called me Jackson instead of Jason. I've been called worse. :lol:

wylde007

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
In a private sale it depends on the seller. IIRC an FFL has to take it. They did on my last purchase.
All the back-and-forth in this thread on what I asked and you (the person I asked) finally answer it.

God bless you.

I was hoping your answer was the case, because that's the direction logic took me in. Huh. North Carolina's a strange critter, she is.

I love her anyway.:celebrate

jag06

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
wylde007 wrote:
Thanks, CJ.

I read that a HPP is good for a period of five years, why would you need three of them?  Or do you turn the permit over to whomever you purchase from and they resubmit it to the state?

In a private sale it depends on the seller. IIRC an FFL has to take it. They did on my last purchase. Plus I just spent the $15 so I did not have to drive up again. I don't get into that part of the county much. I used 2 of them so no big loss for me. Even if you turn the PPP over there is no requirement to turn it over to the state for a FTF sale and FFL's keep them on record I assume. They are not connected to the firearm what so ever, it just proves the background check.

aadvark, do you have a question about the pepper spray comment? The reason I specified it was legal on a college campus is because there are some serious restriction on weapons for educational property. I have not found pepper spray mentioned in any of them. I think jag just called me Jackson instead of Jason. I've been called worse. :lol:

oops, sorry. First glance it looked like jackson, guess I need my eyes checked haha. Sorry Jason.

Dreamer

imported post

I was poking around, reviewing this thread and other threads on the topic of HPP's, and I came across my post from February 2010 wher eI found that the Forsyth Sheriff charged $39 for a HPP. So I checked the link again to see if that had changed...

http://www.forsythsheriff.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=27&Itemid=91

Boy did it ever!

They now charge $55...

I guess they REALLY don't want the "wrong sorts of people" getting HPPs...

Wow... Here in Beaufort Co., a HPP is $5, per state law...