• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Fresno Area Interview Request

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

John Parmer with CBS47 news is looking to talk with in fresno about Open Carry. His contact info is:

John Parmer
KGPE CBS47
559-225-1133

If you have not read the comments in the other posting, then please do so before calling him back.

Thanks guys!

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

This guy wants to report on this for the 6 o'clock news. So if there is anyone who feels capable of being a good representative of their fellow California open carriers, give him a call ASAP!

Thanks.

John

cato

imported post

That area of the state issues LTCs liberally. Not too many UOCers up there that I know of.

PeetsCoffee and California Pizza Kitchen's new signage...

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

BREAKING NEWS:

One of our forum members apparently contacted the reporter and offered to drive down to Fresno for the interview. He then called back and said that he was not going to make it because he was being detained by police at a gas station.

The reporter is on the way to the scene with a camera crew. I briefed him on the boundaries where a permissible stop turns into unlawful detention and suggested a few questions for him to ask officers if they would take questions.

I will keep you guys updated as I learn more and I hope the member (who I don't know) will be able to share as well.

John

Edward Peruta

imported post

He's not answering his cell phone.

While attempting to exercise his First Amendment rights to speak with the press, he's detained for exercising his Second Amendment rights.

Let's hope he's ok.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Good call. Ultimately, our goal is to improve the interaction between law enforcement and law abiding open carriers. That inevitably involves some brave souls being involved in "teachable moments". Let's hope everything is ok and has been resolved by now.

We will have plenty of time to respond once we have all of the details.

John

ConditionThree wrote:
This is both disappointing and infuriating.

I was going to set off in a rant, but elected to self censor.

Edward Peruta

imported post

UPDATE:

Let's hope no news is good news.

Have contacted Merced Police Department, and the two Fresno TV News Desks looking for any information regarding the reported detainment of the OCOD individual.

They all have NO information on this incident.

Merced Lt. on duty was going to contact Sheriff's Department to see if they may have any information.

The last contact I had was a text message that he was being detained, but no location was given.

Let's hope all is well and we are contacted soon.

Ed Peruta

American News and Information Services.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Interesting.

Since I am a convicted person that can't OC, doesn't mean that I can't be an advocate. What do they want, maybe as the at least first known casualty of the movement they would like to talk to me?

cbn620

imported post

Fresno county jail inmates' names, booking numbers and the crime charged with are publicly displayed on their web site and are searchable. If anyone has his name, please do search their records. Goto http://www.fresnosheriff.org/ and click "inmate info" button at the top page, just below the banner.

cato

imported post

Ed and Johnare working on it. Nothing yet. But no info is going to be put out other then the 'he's OK' when that is learned unless the individual wants to post about it.