• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

losing your base membership

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
johnniebravo wrote:
Hank your just making matters worse, your too stupid to type so just STFU!!!
Even if you weren't wrong, this is not the way to make it better.

Unfortunately, it's the best he can do.

Our educational system has failed him. He doesn't even accurately perceive how badly his post reflects on him...

If posters like the OP mastiff69 (and others)are leaving, it is useful to understand why.

A lot of the conflict and uproar is due to the extremist elements of OCDO. That much seems clear. And a lot of those extremists, unfortunately, seem to be the young kids--who don't realize what they have to lose.

T Vance

imported post

HankT wrote:
A lot of the conflict and uproar is due to the extremist elements of OCDO. That much seems clear. And a lot of those extremists, unfortunately, seem to be the young kids--who don't realize what they have to lose.
I thought the subline of OCDO was "A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:
HankT wrote:
I thought the subline of OCDO was "A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"?

The motto...slogan....?

Sure it is.

But what do you mean, TV? What's your position regarding the subline/motto/slogan vis a vis this thread and the concepts being discussed?

T Vance

imported post

HankT wrote:
But what do you mean, TV? ( I mean what the slogan says, "A right unexercised is a right lost". If you don't exercise the rights we have, we may eventually be stripped of them).What's your position regarding the subline/motto/slogan vis a vis this thread and the concepts being discussed? (My position is if someone wants to go out a lawfully carry a firearm (any firearm that can be lawfully carried), then that is their choice and I don't have a problem with it. I own an AK-47 pistol, but have yet to OC it because I personally have yet to feel comfortable doing that myself.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

HankT wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
johnniebravo wrote:

Our educational system has failed him. He doesn't even accurately perceive how badly his post reflects on him...

If posters like the OP mastiff69 (and others)are leaving, it is useful to understand why.

Hank, your methods are not helping either. You don't train a student by pointing out how much they do not know. Nor can you convince a logical person of their errors by belittling their ability to reason.

Edit: Or their ability to spell:exclaim: (spelling corrections made)

G

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
HankT wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
johnniebravo wrote:

Hank, your methods are not helping either. You don't train a student by pointing out how much they do not know. Nor can you convince a logical person of their errors by belittling their ability to reason.

Edit: Or their ability to spell:exclaim: (spelling corrections made)

PoppaGary

imported post

Hi Guys...sorry to jump in on a Mich thread, but I wanted to say a couple things from a sorta newbie perspective from WAand I apologise again it this is known info.

This issue is happening in other forum areas as well; it is sad, doesnot help the cause and takes the enjoyment out of the forums.

I know that I am not that active in actual OC for various reasons and that probably doesn't due much for my credibility. I do what I can and keep trying to do more (my wife just realized the other day what this site is about when I was talking about our showing at a "Assault" Weapons Ban bill hearing in WA..she wasn't excited to hear I might be OC'ing!).

I do not have any solution that has not already been presented; I think all need to breathe, relax and knock off the bad behavior; some of this is a part of the natural life cycle of a forum.

Best to all, Gary.

Bailenforcer

imported post

HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
Well here it is so everyone knows, i am done with the way this group is moving, i wish you all the very best.

It seems that certain new people know it all, and want to rock the boat, rock all you wantas sooner or later it will turn over..

There are many of us that were the roots of the tree, as we leave exist stage left, the tree will fall.

You guys at the top of the tree enjoy the ride !!:uhoh:

You seem to believe that there are no limits, and that you can force, &demand your rights, just remember this little saying (YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY, than you get with vinegar's))

I have done my part to the best of my ability to promote positive opencarry, over the last 2 + yearsby educating & leading by gentle persuasion, not by in your face attitude, good luck with that......

To the old timers and the Battle Creek guys lets do lunch:lol:
A bit more wreckage....caused by the youngsters who want to walk around in public with loaded ARs.... or with magazines taped to empty rifle stocks....
Ok This might sound dumb, but are there people who really tape magazines to empty rifle stocks and go in public? Or was that a joke?

Bailenforcer

imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
Well here it is so everyone knows, i am done with the way this group is moving, i wish you all the very best.

It seems that certain new people know it all, and want to rock the boat, rock all you wantas sooner or later it will turn over..

There are many of us that were the roots of the tree, as we leave exist stage left, the tree will fall.

You seem to believe that there are no limits, and that you can force, &demand your rights, just remember this little saying (YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY, than you get with vinegar's))

I have done my part to the best of my ability to promote positive opencarry, over the last 2 + yearsby educating & leading by gentle persuasion, not by in your face attitude, good luck with that......

A bit more wreckage....caused by the youngsters who want to walk around in public with loaded ARs.... or with magazines taped to empty rifle stocks....
You have the grace and tact of a wanna-be thug.

It's on e thing to disagree and demonstrate why you disagree, it's another to just spout off with baseless name calling and vulgar terms or language with no actual point.

If you have a point of contention with him, please enlighten all of us, who knows some might actually see your point, if there is one.

EM87

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Ok This might sound dumb, but are there people who really tape magazines to empty rifle stocks and go in public? Or was that a joke?

He's 17 and can't carry yet. That is his way of participating.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Appartantly there are--here.

Here's what one guy said. You can judge for yourself:

lil_freak_66 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

and carry the stock,since being under 18 i cant carry the actual firearm.

then tape one of my high capacity mags to the stock in the proper place.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

then this summer....carry the whole damn rifle!

Bailenforcer

imported post

HankT wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Appartantly there are--here.

Here's what one guy said. You can judge for yourself:

lil_freak_66 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

and carry the stock,since being under 18 i cant carry the actual firearm.

then tape one of my high capacity mags to the stock in the proper place.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

then this summer....carry the whole damn rifle!
I see a ton of potential problems here.

It's bad enough the media tries to distort anything pro gun and doing what the kid implies is not participation, but in fact misguided. He might really think he is doing no harm but I know how public opinion works and how members of the media and Government will try and make a mess out of this kid if he gets their attention. If asked I would advise him to understand, that one does not stop a speeding train by throwing his body on the tracks in front of it.

I hope his intentions are well and just slightly naive, even then working and living in Detroit for over 39 years has shown being naive in itself can be fatal.

If he really wants to help then maybe some adults near him can include him in an event where he can be seen as a well meaning young person and not misguided. I have spent literally years of my life helping younger people grow and understand hunting, fishing, guns, shooting sports and the like starting when I was just 16 when I was invited by the Detroit News to participate in the hunters safety clinic at Proud Lake as a line coach for when they actually used real guns way back then.

I wouldn't want to see this kid sacrificed as a lamb on the Alter of media slander.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
snip-
If he really wants to help then maybe some adults near him can include him in an event where he can be seen as a well meaning young person and not misguided. I have spent literally years of my life helping younger people grow and understand hunting, fishing, guns, shooting sports and the like starting when I was just 16 when I was invited by the Detroit News to participate in the hunters safety clinic at Proud Lake as a line coach for when they actually used real guns way back then.

I wouldn't want to see this kid sacrificed as a lamb on the Alter of media slander.
Well said Bailenforcer!

Now let me suggest that there are a whole host of adults right here on this forum who can take youngsters (and uninformed adults) in hand and help them along the journey and help them avoid falling into trouble?

If we insist on belittling our youth for their youth and inexperience where will the future generation of wise old gun totin' farts come from?

Edited because I forgot to do the "snip" thingy...