• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

losing your base membership

mastiff69

imported post

Well here it is so everyone knows, i am done with the way this group is moving, i wish you all the very best.

It seems that certain new people know it all, and want to rock the boat, rock all you wantas sooner or later it will turn over..

There are many of us that were the roots of the tree, as we leave exist stage left, the tree will fall.

You guys at the top of the tree enjoy the ride !!:uhoh:

You seem to believe that there are no limits, and that you can force, &demand your rights, just remember this little saying (YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY, than you get with vinegar's))

I have done my part to the best of my ability to promote positive opencarry, over the last 2 + yearsby educating & leading by gentle persuasion, not by in your face attitude, good luck with that......

To the old timers and the Battle Creek guys lets do lunch:lol:

mastiff69

imported post

A good man is leaving, he has done more to move this group along,than i can express,he has not posted as of yet and i will not disclose who he is all i can say is that i receive a pm from him, and he is also done.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Well here it is so everyone knows, i am done with the way this group is moving, i wish you all the very best.

It seems that certain new people know it all, and want to rock the boat, rock all you wantas sooner or later it will turn over..

There are many of us that were the roots of the tree, as we leave exist stage left, the tree will fall.

You seem to believe that there are no limits, and that you can force, &demand your rights, just remember this little saying (YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY, than you get with vinegar's))

I have done my part to the best of my ability to promote positive opencarry, over the last 2 + yearsby educating & leading by gentle persuasion, not by in your face attitude, good luck with that......

A bit more wreckage....caused by the youngsters who want to walk around in public with loaded ARs.... or with magazines taped to empty rifle stocks....

Michigander

imported post

As I said in Jerry's thread, more people means more stupidity. This is a good reason to stay around to keep your voice being heard.

Leaving a forum in frustration does no good, unless it's a lost cause because of bad moderators or overwhelmingly idiotic members. This site has neither.

lil_freak_66

imported post

HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

A bit more wreckage....caused by the youngsters who want to walk around in public with loaded ARs.... or with magazines taped to empty rifle stocks....

seriously hank?

im suprised you've not been banned yet,though you are often comical,ive seen you push buttons alot.

pure speculation,and asking for comments on something before going with it isntsomething to call somebody out about.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

seriously hank?

im suprised you've not been banned yet,though you are often comical,ive seen you push buttons alot.

pure speculation,and asking for comments on something before going with it isntsomething to call somebody out about.

Hey, Little Freak, I've been meaning to ask you....what kind of tape are you gonna use for your magazine/rifle stock combo? Do they make tactical duct tape?

lil_freak_66 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
OT: Make your 10/22 look like a firearm? What do you mean?

take the STOCK off it.

and carry the stock,since being under 18 i cant carry the actual firearm.

then tape one of my high capacity mags to the stock in the proper place.

it'd give the stock and magazine the look of a firearm roughly,without the legal issues.

then this summer....carry the whole damn rifle!
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/37494.html

lil_freak_66

imported post

HankT wrote:
Hey, Little Freak, I've been meaning to ask you....what kind of tape are you gonna use for your magazine/rifle stock combo? Do they make tactical duct tape?
this is not the time nor place to be humorous,we've been losing way too many members over things,and your just throwin more gas on the fire.

i am no longer going to respond to any posts of yours in this forum for the time being,it is my opinion that you are making things worse.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/tactical_duct_tape.htm

ducttape3.gif

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
this is not the time nor place to be humorous,we've been losing way too many members over things,and your just throwin more gas on the fire.

i am no longer going to respond to any posts of yours in this forum for the time being,it is my opinion that you are making things worse.

Lil, look at this way, HkT is kinda like an OCDO mascot. Give it a little bit of food and water now and then, and it will go away and find a place in the corner to take a nap. :)

ETA: Sorry, I forgot the mandatory smiley.

lil_freak_66

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Lil, look at this way, HkT is kinda like an OCDO mascot. Give it a little bit of food and water now and then, and it will go away and find a place in the corner to take a nap.

i know this,its fun to read normally.

but when we are having genuine problems within MOC,it may be the proper time to throw the dog into the cage for a little while.

nap time hank :)

ghostrider

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:

This is sad.

If the old guard doesn't stick around to keep the tree upright, then it will fall. I just hope I'm wrong.

I urge those who are done here to at least check PM's or form some form of communication with the rest of us. I come here to maintain contact with you and many others, and if your not here, that just makes it more difficult to stay in touch.

BTW:
I'm down for lunch. PM me, Phone me, just don't throw rocks at me.

jfrenchudm

imported post

I think that the current problems we are experiencing stem from two main issues (neither of which is the open carry of long guns): first, a lack of understanding of the posts of others due to incomplete reading (see KG's thread, and notice that he didn't want it to become a discussion, yet there were 2 pages last I checked), and second a lack of respect in the replies (I personally blame the baby-boomers for not imparting a sense of respect for others in their children).

With regards to the lack of understanding, we need to fully read someone's post, sit and think about it for a moment before posting a reply (anymore, they seem to be inflammatory replies). Be as complete as possible in your posts, and put some thought into it.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T: gentlemen (and ladies), a little decorum! I have noticed some threads get a little too personal over the recent months, and over the past couple weeks, it has gotten worse. Think about what you post, not only with regards to how it applies to the topic, but also how it will be read by others. Remember that this is the internet, and people can't read your body signs, facial expressions, etc., and therefore cannot tell if you are being sarcastic, an a**hole, or serious.

Open carry of long guns is legal, and I have to agree with it, although I may never do it, I respect another's right and decision to do so. Tactically, I think that it is a poor choice to only carry a rifle in a crowded place, as different weapons have different uses, and a pistol is better for tight spaces whereas a rifle is obviously better for more open places. As I noted before though, I think that the behavior and and decision to carry a long gun is not the problem here, just the lack of respect when it comes to posting responses on this forum.

Before I get told to quit being a little sissy or called an anti-gun piece of s***, read the whole post carefully, and you'll realize that none of what I have said has been provocative. Oh, for the days when Veritas would post his essays.

mikestilly

imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
I think that the current problems we are experiencing stem from two main issues (neither of which is the open carry of long guns): first, a lack of understanding of the posts of others due to incomplete reading (see KG's thread, and notice that he didn't want it to become a discussion, yet there were 2 pages last I checked), and second a lack of respect in the replies (I personally blame the baby-boomers for not imparting a sense of respect for others in their children).

With regards to the lack of understanding, we need to fully read someone's post, sit and think about it for a moment before posting a reply (anymore, they seem to be inflammatory replies). Be as complete as possible in your posts, and put some thought into it.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T: gentlemen (and ladies), a little decorum! I have noticed some threads get a little too personal over the recent months, and over the past couple weeks, it has gotten worse. Think about what you post, not only with regards to how it applies to the topic, but also how it will be read by others. Remember that this is the internet, and people can't read your body signs, facial expressions, etc., and therefore cannot tell if you are being sarcastic, an a**hole, or serious.

Open carry of long guns is legal, and I have to agree with it, although I may never do it, I respect another's right and decision to do so. Tactically, I think that it is a poor choice to only carry a rifle in a crowded place, as different weapons have different uses, and a pistol is better for tight spaces whereas a rifle is obviously better for more open places.  As I noted before though, I think that the behavior and and decision to carry a long gun is not the problem here, just the lack of respect when it comes to posting responses on this forum.

Before I get told to quit being a little sissy or called an anti-gun piece of s***, read the whole post carefully, and you'll realize that none of what I have said has been provocative. Oh, for the days when Veritas would post his essays.

I completely agree with you on what you said above. You told it like it is and I hope others are listening and paying attention.

Bronson

imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
Agreed. It has gotten to the point where I've stopped recommending OCDO to people who are interested in OC. I'm ashamed and embarrassed by the needlessly rude andhurtful things that are often posted here, andshudder to think what a new person looking for info on OC would think about us. It seems to be a part of internet culture to be rude with the prevelant idea being that ifsomeone can't take it they should toughen up or grow some thicker skin, which I think is ridiculous. If you can't state your opinion in a mature, respectful way then shut up and don't contribute.

To Mastiff and Warchild, you will be sorely missed. I have greatly enjoyed reading your posts and I hope you check in from time to time but in all honesty I can't say that I blame you ....I've thought aboutgoing too.

Bronson

p.s Mastiff, pm me your real email address and maybe we can hit lunch or the range sometime.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't understand why we've got people quitting like this is elementary school dodgeball. What's up here? Did I miss something?

I really, truly don't understand why.

T Vance

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Agreed. It has gotten to the point where I've stopped recommending OCDO to people who are interested in OC. I'm ashamed and embarrassed by the needlessly rude andhurtful things that are often posted here, andshudder to think what a new person looking for info on OC would think about us.
Yeah, and in a few days we are going to be passing out information and telling new people about OC and this site at Cabela's. It's not going to look too good when the first 5-10 "unsticked" threads show members bickering with one another.

johnniebravo

imported post

HankT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Hank your just making matters worse, your too stupid to type so just STFU!!!