• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOW WHAT ARE WE DOING?

wally1120

imported post

I have been sitting on the side line watching everything going down, And has got a little bit out of hand here. With the people that are leaving OCDO, that is just two more anti`s starting to get there way. We are starting to fall on our face here, This ISN`T good a single bit. I know there are people that aren`t getting along right now, But there are people that I am not geting along with right now as well. But I am not planning on leaving the group, Humans argue over things, And that is what we are doing right now. So can we just PLEASE quit the arguing? We need to get back on the same page, We all are supporters of Open Carry. Even if that is the ONLY 1 thing we have in common that is fine, But if we keep going at each others throat like we are right now Open Carry may just be a thing of the past. And I don`t wan`t to see that happen, I am a supporter as everyone here is, Because it gives a Non-CPL Holder the option to carry a Gun. True it is limited on where a Non-CPL can carry but they still can.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i think it may be best to try and keep the handgun and long gunOC debate from being talked about...i feel that is what started things getting bad.

so,i will not engage in long arm OC debates however i will still engage in talking about it,so long as no arguing is occuring regarding it,and sincei have an impulse control problem when it comes to posting,if i engage in any debate,i will remove it after it is realized it was replying to a debate,or started another one.

we all gotta get along,its been said many times in many places by many people,if we start to fight amongst ourselves then we will never win.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Wally, there's no reason whatsoever to start another thread for the same bullsh!t issues. There are several threads already discussing this that you and others can engage in. Personally, I'd like to see all this crap die and move on.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
...and since i have an impulse control problem when it comes to posting...

Since you realize that, wouldn't it be better to simply take a deep breath and think for a moment before you press "Send"?

Frankly, I am ALL for the rights of people to carry firearms. People with impulse control issues of any sort, however, I am less in support of carrying firearms.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i think it may be best to try and keep the handgun and long gunOC debate from being talked about...i feel that is what started things getting bad.

so,i will not engage in long arm OC debates however i will still engage in talking about it,so long as no arguing is occuring regarding it,and sincei have an impulse control problem when it comes to posting,if i engage in any debate,i will remove it after it is realized it was replying to a debate,or started another one.

Well, they say that admitting the problem is the first step toward recovery.

Keep coming back, lil freak.

It gets better.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i often am multi tasking,and dont proof read or any of that.

if you were to see me with a firearm,i am sure you would be affirmed that i am competent to handle and carry one safely.

can we please stop all of the drama everywhere though? before we know it we will have no open carriers wanting to do events and promote the cause,or even wish to OC anymore if it continues.

mikestilly

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i think it may be best to try and keep the handgun and long gun OC debate from being talked about...i feel that is what started things getting bad.

so,i will not engage in long arm OC debates however i will still engage in talking about it,so long as no arguing is occuring regarding it,and since i have an impulse control problem when it comes to posting,if i engage in any debate,i will remove it after it is realized it was replying to a debate,or started another one.

we all gotta get along,its been said many times in many places by many people,if we start to fight amongst ourselves then we will never win.

No reason to say we cannot discuss firearms issues. The problem is not that but more along the lines of the bottom of your post. There needs to be some self control in posting and when someone is out of control their posts should be removed. If they continue their posting privileges should be suspended for a period of time. If that doesnt work then their posting privileges should be denied.

There is a way to handle this and I have a lot of experience in this area since I was part of the original BBS's as a programmer and an administrator back in the day when there was no internet only phone line to phone line BBS networks with modem hubs.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

if you were to see me with a firearm,i am sure you would be affirmed that i am competent to handle and carry one safely.

Have you ever carried a firearm, lil freak?
39.gif

T Vance

imported post

HankT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Have you ever carried a firearm, lil freak?
39.gif
Yeah, he has posted in the OC experiences thread that he has.

autosurgeon

imported post

I think the biggest thing some folks need to do is think before they post...

1. is this going to help the cause? If so post away

2. am I posting this to flame another? Keep it to yourself

3. If you have nothing nice to say don't!

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

No reason to say we cannot discuss firearms issues. The problem is not that but more along the lines of the bottom of your post. There needs to be some self control in posting and when someone is out of control their posts should be removed. If they continue their posting privileges should be suspended for a period of time. If that doesnt work then their posting privileges should be denied.

There is a way to handle this and I have a lot of experience in this area since I was part of the original BBS's as a programmer and an administrator back in the day when there was no internet only phone line to phone line BBS networks with modem hubs.
If you want that kind of censorship, go to MGO.

There was a reason for the John's "Wednesday night massacre".

But then again, maybe those that refer to others as pinheads should be banned.

mikestilly

imported post

Now you're trying to push my buttons after attacking others. You are very wrong. Nobody here I know wants personal attacks here. My description of the Pondersa manager did not attack any members here. Its not about censorship, its about not letting this place turn in to MGO. I see some of them came here to cause problems. If posting personal attacks were not allowed things would be quite different here. If people would simply stop the personal attacks we'd have a civilized board and not anarachy & chaos.

wally1120

imported post

I know I have gotten into an Argument with Doug and Joe, But this is just getting WAY out of line. I am wanting to put my arguments with Doug and Joe behind, If that can be done? And we need to resolv our problems that are occuring right now, PLEASE lets just talk about what is going on right now, Even if it is thru PM`s that is fine. But please lets just get our argument over with? I joined OC to get information about OC, Not to cut someones throat. I have meet a few members on OCDO, And am glad to call them friends, I also have plans on meeting more of the members on here, And will look foward to calling them friends as well. So PLEASE, PLEASE lets just all get along?

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
. Its not about censorship, its about not letting this place turn in to MGO. I see some of them came here to cause problems.
I wondered if some of todays comments (such as "Coderdude") might be someone from there that is against OC and posting things to stir the pot. If that is the case...how sad their life must be.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

T Vance wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
. Its not about censorship, its about not letting this place turn in to MGO. I see some of them came here to cause problems.
I wondered if some of todays comments (such as "Coderdude") might be someone from there that is against OC and posting things to stir the pot. If that is the case...how sad their life must be.

Mike, Who came here to cause issues? Name them!

T Vance, conspiracy theory's? Really?

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Now you're trying to push my buttons after attacking others. You are very wrong. Nobody here I know wants personal attacks here. My description of the Pondersa manager did not attack any members here. Its not about censorship, its about not letting this place turn in to MGO. I see some of them came here to cause problems. If posting personal attacks were not allowed things would be quite different here. If people would simply stop the personal attacks we'd have a civilized board and not anarachy & chaos.
I wasn't referring to your remark about the ponderosa manager.

I'm not pushing your buttons, although they are pretty easy to push.

It was you reference to me as a pinhead that I was commenting on.

Calm down there. I'm an ally. Not an enemy.