• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOW WHAT ARE WE DOING?

mikestilly

imported post

its ok .. all posts speak for themselves. How many people need to leave for the trouble makers be recognised and delt with? I'm done arguing with you I do have much better things to do. I'm offering help and support which I've been doing since I joined here.

mikestilly

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Wait a min...

Mike wants to remove people's ability forcefully yet doesn't see any reason for someone to use a bit of discretion when carrying a rifle?

Am I reading that right?

i have no idea what you're talking about. This has nothing to do with rifles. I have to go back to work now.

cobra

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
How many people need to leave for the trouble makers be recognised and delt with?

You believe that people are leaving MOC because of arguments on the forum?

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
its ok .. all posts speak for themselves. How many people need to leave for the trouble makers be recognised and delt with? I'm done arguing with you I do have much better things to do. I'm offering help and support which I've been doing since I joined here.

Who do you feel is a trouble maker?

Please list them by name so that they can be delt with. Or stop pursuing this course of action.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

This is what happens in a .INC organizations. Politics man, Politics. If officer's, members are leaving do to arguments, misunderstanding's, lack of communication, whatever the case. They probably don't need to be a part of the cause. If little things like some of the issue's that have been discussed in recent days are that troublesome for them, may be they should step down,aside, whatever. This is the case with any .INC/organization and its growing pains. Things like some of the issue's we have seen recentlyare actual good so as to weed out those incapable of dealing with tough issue's. Not that it matters much but I have "A LOT" of experience with volunteer organizations and in every one of them including this one. Politics does more harm then good. Individual grandstanding and power tripping is just also a part of the process. The day Michigan open carry forum members decided to become a .INC is the day I personally new things were headed down hill. Its just one of those things. Every new organization, club, group whatever has growing pains like this. More over the biggest problem in this day and age of text messaging, Internet forums and the good ol telephone is the basic fact that we as humans will always have communication issue's. Everyone has there own individual aspect of whats good for the cause, the collaboration of individual idea's as a single unit will always be the toughest to over come. This is my personal opinion and experience as with any forum is subject to get ripped on...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Wait a min...

Mike wants to remove people's ability forcefully to post yet doesn't see any reason for someone to use a bit of discretion when carrying a rifle?

Am I reading that right?

Excellent work, DWG. You dug out that embedded inconsistency.

It diminishes his credibility, I'd suggest. Too bad he can't see it.

cobra

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
This is what happens in a .INC organizations. Politics man, Politics.

The problem is even more pronounced in advocacy groups, which seem to always go down the path of some wanting to push harder and faster than others do.

T Vance

imported post

What's done is done. Some look at it in a negative light, some in a positive. At this point we are beating a dead horse. We should move on and get back to more important matters and get this train back on the tracks.

mikestilly

imported post

HankT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Wait a min...

Mike wants to remove people's ability forcefully to post yet doesn't see any reason for someone to use a bit of discretion when carrying a rifle?

Am I reading that right?

HankT talking about my credibility. I find that quite interesting. I'm at work and trying to defuse stuff going on here and trying to offer some solutions on the thread and what do I get more personal attacks. May someone should ask Warchild what his opinions of the problems are. I was offering help and solutions and I'm not going to respond to personal attacks.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Wait a min...

Am I reading that right?

absurd logic. if someone wants to carry a long arm, as long as it's legal, stop crying or change the constitution.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
HankT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Wait a min...

Am I reading that right?

HankT talking about my credibility. I find that quite interesting. I'm at work and trying to defuse stuff going on here and trying to offer some solutions on the thread and what do I get more personal attacks. May someone should ask Warchild what his opinions of the problems are. I was offering help and solutions and I'm not going to respond to personal attacks.
You offered a suggestion that someone challenged it. And I might add he used some rather sound evidence for his challenge. It's not a personal attack. A personal attack is when you call someone a pinhead because you disagree with their opinion.

Now , with that in mind, who would be in charge of the censorship you propose?