• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need an EOtech

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Anyone know a good place to get one? most of the stores in my area charge darn near $500 for an old 511/512

Looking for a good deal but I want to make sure it's a legitimate one too.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

I like eotech's reticle though, I have an astigmatism in my eyes and the aimpoint dot doesn't look circular, it looks like a blob with spikes coming off all angles.

I think I want an EOtech 516

Mainsail

imported post

I can tell you than Dan marks his up WAY below what any sane or reasonable businessman should or would. Go to Mary's Pistols in Tacoma.

EDIT to add: I bought my 557 EoTech from Dan for considerably less than I was able to find it online. As I mentioned, Dan does not mark them up much from wholesale.

Lammo

imported post

I bought my 512 from GG&G in Arizona: http://www.gggaz.com/

Just over $400 including their QD mount and "Claymore" flip up lens covers. Took quite a while to come in though - - can't imaging why since I ordered it in Dec. 2008.

amlevin

imported post

I won't say anything bad about the EOTech but I HAVE been shooting a lot with a Barska holographic sight. Real similar to the EOTech but without the shroud.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-electro-sight-red-dot-sight-ac10632.html

It has your choice of four reticles. A small dot, a large dot, a cross, and the "circle of death" which is a cross in a circle.

Anyone using this should note that changing the reticle almost always requires re-zeroing but once set it holds real well. I have one on an M-4 type AR-15 and after 1,000 or so rounds it is still rock solid zeroed. Battery life is good as long as you remember to turn it off.

No, it's not an EOTech but it IS accurate as heck and easy to aquire a target with.

Besides, one could buy 5 of these for the price of ONE EOTech.

Vern357

imported post

The other thing to to consider is the Bushnell Holosight. It is the exact same thing as the eotech (same internals) but not up-armored. The run around 250.