• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

. . . And Some Folks Are Here To Stay

DanM

imported post

While a couple of people announce their departures or withdrawals from the movement, I want to proudly announce I'm here to stay amongst the growing diversity.

I believe exercising and supporting others' lawful exercise of the right to keep and bear arms is far more important than my differences with others in how I carry, where I carry, or what I carry.

I believe the diversity of peaceable and lawful carry, and firearms being carried, is a thing to be celebrated.

I believe the problems occurring with regard to such diversity are instigated by civilians or police with ill will or ignorance, NOT the peaceable and lawful open carriers themselves.

I believe it is wrong to blame the victim of others' ill will or ignorance and neither is it right to blame the victim for crimes against them.

I believe it is far more important to defend against the enemies of what, where, or how we lawfully carry than to join them. Long arm open carry isn't "acceptable" to everyone? Remember that handgun open carry isn't "acceptable" to everyone, but we exercise it rather than lose it. Remember that lawful concealed carry isn't "acceptable" to everyone, but we exercise it rather than lose it. Remember that owning guns isn't "acceptable" to everyone, but we exercise it rather than lose it.

I'm here to stay.

autosurgeon

imported post

I am NOT going anywhere! I am sorry to see others leaving but with growth there will always be losses.

I have seen this in every organization I have been involved in.

My final comment is grow a thicker skin folks it is just the inter-webs where everyone is an expert!

G

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I am not leaving just stepping down do to health reason and time restrictions !!!!!I will still be on the site!!!!
I read that in the other post.

I admire you for staying the course!

wally1120

imported post

I am going to have a job within 2 weeks so I am not going to be on here as much as I have been, But I will still be on here when I have the chance. I am disappointed that people are leaving, I have got into arguments with others, But I haven`t left. I support OC, And I will ALLWAYS be a supporter.

Your Boy Is Here To Stay, IWON`T be going anywhere soon.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I don't post much anymore, but I'm here to stay also.

Furthermore, I want to point out that an assault rifle requires either burst fire or full auto to be called an assault rifle. Calling it an assault rifle is damaging to gun owners because the sheep get all emotional when they hear certain words. Hmph. /rant

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I carry to defend myself, my family, and my community.

I do not presume that I have any right to tellothers HOW or WHAT to carry, as long as they carry lawfully.

As long as there are people here that support the rights of ALL lawful carriers, I will be proud to be a part of this community.

Peace and goodwill to you all.

RichardCrainium

imported post

well i am new also and i am not going anyware, i was not going to join just yet do to the fact of no work since nov. but decided to join to let everyone know that in my opinion this is not the time to be quiting. i am not sure on how much i can help until i get back to work but i will be involved as much as possible when i do get back to work

Gort

imported post

Hi to Everyone,
My First Post
I have been reading Michigan OC for @ six months and have enjoyed the many stories of learning, training, and the hard work of many Members, you have paved the way for Me and others.

Thanks To All.

Hyperion

imported post

Gort wrote:
Hi to Everyone,
My First Post
I have been reading Michigan OC for @ six months and have enjoyed the many stories of learning, training, and the hard work of many Members, you have paved the way for Me and others.

Thanks To All.

Klaatubarada nikto!

Ed 4typo.