• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC announcement

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Unfortunately, I have bad news. As of this morning Cabman1 has resigned his position as SW region coordinator for personal reasons.

Over the last year Cabman1 has done great work for MOC and for his region. While I am confident his support for the cause will not diminish, he will be missed by MOC. Gordon has planned many successful events during his tenure and leaves behind some very big shoes to fill.

I ask that you please thank Gordon for all of his contributions and support.

Thank you,

GeneralDet

Generaldet

imported post

As most of us already know Jerry has also resigned his position as Sgt. of arms for MOC. Jerry has been around from the beginning and will be sorely missed.

We are all sad to see him go, but I know that he will continue to fight and do what he can to help open carry.

Please thank Warchild for all of his time and contributions to help the OC movement grow.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Cabman1.... we met at Morrice and you ate all of Yooperlady's cookies.:D We liked you then and we like you now.

Thank you for all your efforts, big and small, to further OC awareness.

Carry on!

T Vance

imported post

To make things clear, Cabman has only stepped down from hi position for personal reasons. He isn't leaving the forum, he still plans on continuing to OC, and attend events. As a matter of fact he said he will still be joining me at Cabela's this Saturday to help the MOC movement.

coderdude

imported post

At what point will someone accept that the reason for all of this is because of the open carry incident with the assault rifle?

I was a big follower also as was dozens of my friends. We support open carry but can no longer be affiliated with a group that sole purpose is the "scare" the public into acceptance.

I had convinced a number of friends to join MOC and they are all glad that they didn't yet. They consider you a terror group. You are not helping the cause, you are hurting it.

Because of the actions you have taken, it will only be a matter of time until they DO pass laws against open carry.

Grow up.

Stop trying to be the bully and educate. Assault rifles in a restaurant does not educate.

Police have the "right" to carry assault rifles. But I bet a few of you would be up in arms as would the public if they started walking the streets with them.

A pistol is fine for self-defense. A rifle is only needed to hit someone at a distance (that is not self defense), or throw a lot of lead quickly (are you expected to be attacked by an army?).

I too have to discontinue my membership on this site and any other things your group is involved with.

Maybe, just Maybe, your group will get back to educating the public and not scaring the piss out of them.

T Vance

imported post

coderdude wrote:
At what point will someone accept that the reason....

Please post comments like this in one of the MANY other threads that it relates to, cause it doesn't belong in this one.

And he did...two minutes later.

DanM

imported post

coderdude wrote:
I was a big follower also as was dozens of my friends . . .
Since neither you nor your friends areactive anyway, what practical difference will your absence make?

Whileit's important to attract and retainactive and seriousOC'ers and supporters, I really am quite unconcerned about inactivefolks or merespectators threatening to withdraw their "participation" in OC.

T Vance

imported post

DanM wrote:
coderdude wrote:
I was a big follower also as was dozens of my friends . . .
Since neither you nor your friends areactive anyway, what practical difference will your absence make?

Whileit's important to attract and retainactive and seriousOC'ers and supporters, I really am quite unconcerned about inactivefolks or merespectators threatening to withdraw their "participation" in OC.
He posted this exact same comment here, where it should be discussed. This thread should not get cluttered with the same talk like many others have. Just my opinion.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/37473-3.html

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

coderdude wrote:
At what point will someone accept that the reason for all of this is because of the open carry incident with the assault rifle?

I was a big follower also as was dozens of my friends. We support open carry but can no longer be affiliated with a group that sole purpose is the "scare" the public into acceptance.
Um, did I miss somthing? Is MOC's mission to promote the open carry of long guns in cowded urban venues including restaurants?

or are you just assuming . . .

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
As most of us already know Jerry has also resigned his position as Sgt. of arms for MOC. Jerry has been around from the beginning and will be sorely missed.

We are all sad to see him go, but I know that he will continue to fight and do what he can to help open carry.

So, how many persons have resigned from MOC, now?

Three? The president, the Sgt. of Arms, and the SW regional coordinator?

Is that it, or are there more?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

HankT wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

An extremely high possibility

Generaldet

imported post

There have been some questions as to what happens now given Venators resignation, hopefully I can clear this up.

First, let me say that Venator will be sorely missed. He has provided great leadership and guidance over the last few years. Filling those shoes will not be an easy task.

As of now I am acting President for MOC. The board will soon hold a vote to make the transition from acting to full. After which time, if approved, I will serve out the rest of Brian's term and we will hold an election for the offices of President and Treasurer this November.

As for the VP seat, per our bylaws that position will be appointed by the board to serve out the remainder of my term and in Nov, 2011 we will hold a new election for VP and Secretary.

Let me state that my resolve and determination have NEVER been stronger and MOC will come out of this a much stronger, larger and more organized company. Failure is NOT an option! Currently we have several projects in the works that will be rolled out very soon. But first we need to get our house in order so we can get back to work and back to what we stand for, educting the public and raising awareness of lawful open carry! This is the time to rally the troops and support each other!!!

Thank You,
GeneralDet
President, Michigan Open Carry, Inc

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
HankT wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

An extremely high possibility
That's what I thought might happen.

If there are more resignations....that would be a bad sign...

Well, hopefully, it will turn out to be manageable. We'll see what (or who) is next.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thanks Cabman, you have done a lot for the cause. I wish you success in your new business as I'm sure your time will be devoted to that difficult first year. Invite me to your grand opening.;)

Best,

Brian