Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **URGENT** on camera interview

Post imported post

wilx did a story on the ponderosa thing,the link to the news story can be found below.

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/8...ction=comments
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    channel 10 wishes to do an on camera interview with MOC at 12:30pm at the holt mcdonalds we all met up at as a backup location for this past saturdays events.

any of you that can possibly make it,please do.

remember,that mcdonalds is on s. cedar street in holt,just south of willoughby road,which is the border between lansing and holt.
    1230pm today? tomorrow? next week? WHEN!!!

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

OMG please tell me that we'll have someone there that is articulate and well versed in the law and NOT SOME 17yo kid

OMFG

Post imported post

Today.

Post imported post

You are going to need to find a way to get this moved to another date if it is today... This is EXTREMELY short notice.... I LIVE 4 to 5 hours away.... so do others.... so this is short sided and not going to happen unless you live in lansing....

GET ANOTHER DATE

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This needs to be rescheduled. Seriously.

Post imported post

THway wrote:
    You are going to need to find a way to get this moved to another date if it is today... This is EXTREMELY short notice.... I LIVE 4 to 5 hours away.... so do others.... so this is short sided and not going to happen unless you live in lansing....

GET ANOTHER DATE
    I have to agree. He called me to see if I could make it, but I have to go to class soon. Even then, I would still feel uncomfortable representing OC (yes I said OC not MOC) in an on-camera interview. My public speaking skills need some work, as well as my ability to think about an appropriate answer thoroughly on the spot.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    OMG please tell me that we'll have someone there that is articulate and well versed in the law and NOT SOME 17yo kid

OMFG
    Thank you!!!

Post imported post

WTF

You can't even carry legally and you're going to speak to the news??

Post imported post

Please, get this rescheduled to a later date!

They obviously want the story, so they should be willing to postpone.

Jeremy

Post imported post

I see serious problems with just anyone going on a tv interview unplanned & representing MOC inc without permission. Im not on the board but what im seeing here is extremely wrong. My recommendation is to cease an dissist before you get yourself in big trouble!

Mike

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    I see serious problems wit.h just anyon.egoing on a tv interview unplanned & representing MOC inc without permission. Im not on the board but what im seeing here is extremely wrong. My recommendation is to cease an dissist before you get yourself in big trouble!

Mike
    Even if you go there and don't technically represent MOC, people will still see it the same way.

I have to agree that you should not do this, and reschedule it. Other people need to be there that are well versed on the subject to make sure things aren't miscontrued. It has the potential to give OC a "black eye".

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've done on-camera interviews before, 4 times, and twice with newspapers.

It's not easy.

We need someone that either represents MOC, or has enough experience to make the national OC movement not look like they don't know what they're doing.

Knowing your stuff, and knowing your stuff in front of a camera are two different things.

Post imported post

Kimberguy should be one to do it. Hell, is on a radio show. Not to mention the fact that the topic of the AR is going to obviously come into question, and since it was him that did it he should be there.

Post imported post

Can someone please call this kid immediately???????? Like right NOW???????????

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Can someone please call this kid immediately???????? Like right NOW???????????
    On it.

He said the reporters are not answering, but he's going to go up there and tell them it needs to be rescheduled and decline to talk to them at this time.

Post imported post

they caught me while i was sleeping when they called,and i said we could do it.

however,ive decided not to.

cannot get ahold of them via phone,so im going to go up there and state that i will not do an interview at this time,reschedule so that brian or somebody else can handle it.

as for the personal attacks,you dont know me,you dont know what laws i do and do not know,nor how well i know them.and without that information i believe it would be best to hold your tongue on that matter.

also,it was as an individual,not as MOC,i stated i would not represent MOC.

so just forget previous discussion,we have enough drama,and i apologize for anything i may have started.

who,in the lansing area WOULD be interested in said interview at a later date?

Post imported post

Just let them know that you will be in contact with them (or somebody from MOC will be if they decide to) as far as setting up an interview at a later date. Don't set anything in stone at this time.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Just let them know that you will be in contact with them (or somebody from MOC will be if they decide to) as far as setting up an interview at a later date. Don't set anything in stone at this time.
    i am not setting up a future date tobe set in stone.,i am going to instruct them to contact brian again,as he is currently at work and was not reachable when i called him.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    This is the only time available during study hall.

Post imported post

cobra wrote:
    WTF

But he's been going to NRA dinners alone since he was 15.:X

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Dam it Pat, leave well enough alone. We do not need your salt for our wounds right now.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

alright here is what went down.

we contacted brian,whom gave some quotes for the story,and stated that i could do the interview if i wished,as an individual and not a member or spokesperson for MOC.

i did.however,i did it as a bystander and only answered answers i feel a bystander would be asked,and answered them the same way.also, i openly stated i was not an open carrier.

i feel i did it in a way that will not make things negative on us,and if it does,i will leave MOC and OCDO so that i will keep any and all blame on me and away from everybody else,if members wish me to do so.

it will be on wilx channel 10 and should be aired for both news programs tonight,i will be out of town,and would appreciate if somebody recorded it.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    ...if it does,i will leave MOC and OCDO so that i will keep any and all blame on me...
    Your words indicate you know your weaknesses. That in itself tells me you likely did just fine. Thank you.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

OMFG
    CV67PAT wrote: dougwg wrote:

OMFG
    Thank you!!!

cobra wrote:
    WTF

CV67PAT wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    And people are wondering why there is a problem with folks leaving MOC and the forum? Flame me for that observation if you wish.........

By the way I've met lil_freak_66 and, although he has the "gung ho" attitude of any young person (I vaguely remember feeling that full of energy way back ... uhhh.. I forget when), he is a lot more informed and has a measure of maturity that will serve him well.

And, sad to say, I've met many folks much older in years than lil_freak_66 that acted much younger than him.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast