• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**URGENT** on camera interview

THway

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
channel 10 wishes to do an on camera interview with MOC at 12:30pm at the holt mcdonalds we all met up at as a backup location for this past saturdays events.

any of you that can possibly make it,please do.

remember,that mcdonalds is on s. cedar street in holt,just south of willoughby road,which is the border between lansing and holt.
1230pm today? tomorrow? next week? WHEN!!!

THway

imported post

You are going to need to find a way to get this moved to another date if it is today... This is EXTREMELY short notice.... I LIVE 4 to 5 hours away.... so do others.... so this is short sided and not going to happen unless you live in lansing....

GET ANOTHER DATE

T Vance

imported post

THway wrote:
You are going to need to find a way to get this moved to another date if it is today... This is EXTREMELY short notice.... I LIVE 4 to 5 hours away.... so do others.... so this is short sided and not going to happen unless you live in lansing....

GET ANOTHER DATE
I have to agree. He called me to see if I could make it, but I have to go to class soon. Even then, I would still feel uncomfortable representing OC (yes I said OC not MOC) in an on-camera interview. My public speaking skills need some work, as well as my ability to think about an appropriate answer thoroughly on the spot.

G

imported post

dougwg wrote:
OMG please tell me that we'll have someone there that is articulate and well versed in the law and NOT SOME 17yo kid

OMFG
Thank you!!!

mikestilly

imported post

I see serious problems with just anyone going on a tv interview unplanned & representing MOC inc without permission. Im not on the board but what im seeing here is extremely wrong. My recommendation is to cease an dissist before you get yourself in big trouble!

Mike

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I see serious problems wit.h just anyon.egoing on a tv interview unplanned & representing MOC inc without permission. Im not on the board but what im seeing here is extremely wrong. My recommendation is to cease an dissist before you get yourself in big trouble!

Mike

Even if you go there and don't technically represent MOC, people will still see it the same way.

I have to agree that you should not do this, and reschedule it. Other people need to be there that are well versed on the subject to make sure things aren't miscontrued. It has the potential to give OC a "black eye".

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've done on-camera interviews before, 4 times, and twice with newspapers.

It's not easy.

We need someone that either represents MOC, or has enough experience to make the national OC movement not look like they don't know what they're doing.

Knowing your stuff, and knowing your stuff in front of a camera are two different things.

T Vance

imported post

Kimberguy should be one to do it. Hell, is on a radio show. Not to mention the fact that the topic of the AR is going to obviously come into question, and since it was him that did it he should be there.

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Can someone please call this kid immediately???????? Like right NOW???????????

On it.

He said the reporters are not answering, but he's going to go up there and tell them it needs to be rescheduled and decline to talk to them at this time.

lil_freak_66

imported post

they caught me while i was sleeping when they called,and i said we could do it.

however,ive decided not to.

cannot get ahold of them via phone,so im going to go up there and state that i will not do an interview at this time,reschedule so that brian or somebody else can handle it.

as for the personal attacks,you dont know me,you dont know what laws i do and do not know,nor how well i know them.and without that information i believe it would be best to hold your tongue on that matter.

also,it was as an individual,not as MOC,i stated i would not represent MOC.

so just forget previous discussion,we have enough drama,and i apologize for anything i may have started.

who,in the lansing area WOULD be interested in said interview at a later date?

T Vance

imported post

Just let them know that you will be in contact with them (or somebody from MOC will be if they decide to) as far as setting up an interview at a later date. Don't set anything in stone at this time.

lil_freak_66

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Just let them know that you will be in contact with them (or somebody from MOC will be if they decide to) as far as setting up an interview at a later date. Don't set anything in stone at this time.

i am not setting up a future date tobe set in stone.,i am going to instruct them to contact brian again,as he is currently at work and was not reachable when i called him.