• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**URGENT** on camera interview

G

imported post

cobra wrote:
WTF

You can't even carry legally and you're going to speak to the news??
But he's been going to NRA dinners alone since he was 15.:X

lil_freak_66

imported post

alright here is what went down.

we contacted brian,whom gave some quotes for the story,and stated that i could do the interview if i wished,as an individual and not a member or spokesperson for MOC.

i did.however,i did it as a bystander and only answered answers i feel a bystander would be asked,and answered them the same way.also, i openly stated i was not an open carrier.

i feel i did it in a way that will not make things negative on us,and if it does,i will leave MOC and OCDO so that i will keep any and all blame on me and away from everybody else,if members wish me to do so.

it will be on wilx channel 10 and should be aired for both news programs tonight,i will be out of town,and would appreciate if somebody recorded it.

B

Bikenut

imported post

dougwg wrote:
OMG please tell me that we'll have someone there that is articulate and well versed in the law and NOT SOME 17yo kid

OMFG

CV67PAT wrote: dougwg wrote:
OMG please tell me that we'll have someone there that is articulate and well versed in the law and NOT SOME 17yo kid

OMFG
Thank you!!!

cobra wrote:
WTF

You can't even carry legally and you're going to speak to the news??

CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
This needs to be rescheduled. Seriously.
This is the only time available during study hall.
And people are wondering why there is a problem with folks leaving MOC and the forum? Flame me for that observation if you wish.........

By the way I've met lil_freak_66 and, although he has the "gung ho" attitude of any young person (I vaguely remember feeling that full of energy way back ... uhhh.. I forget when), he is a lot more informed and has a measure of maturity that will serve him well.

And, sad to say, I've met many folks much older in years than lil_freak_66 that acted much younger than him.

Michigander

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i feel i did it in a way that will not make things negative on us,and if it does,i will leave MOC and OCDO so that i will keep any and all blame on me and away from everybody else.
A noble, however useless strategy.

Let's consider some screw ups by those on this site. I probably made the biggest one when I negligently allowed my CZ52 to fall to the ground, causing it to shoot me in the leg, an incident of negligence I am paying the price for to this day with shin splints. I tell that story to anyone who will listen, because it is important to learn from mistakes.

How about THway? He screwed up, and got pinched. He often posts to tell people not to do what he did.

Leaving over a **** up is exactly the opposite of productive. Ignore history, and repeat it. If no one tells the history, it will be repeated. So tell everyone about your mistakes so they don't happen twice.

Anyway, I highly doubt you did a real bad job. You have your head on much straighter than most your age. Also, even if you did screw up and they slant the story, it's like my friend Mark says. There is no such thing as bad advertising. A bill board on I-75 that says "open carriers are nuts" would increase web traffic and boost our numbers.

lil_freak_66

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
This needs to be rescheduled. Seriously.
This is the only time available during study hall.

actually,ive graduated...which is what gives me so much free time to learn up on everything until i can find a new job.

but i cant wait to see it,i hope i get to.

the girl ive taken to OC events with me is turning 18 tommorow,so i am to spend my time with her,and then perhaps get her directly involved.

lil_freak_66

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
the amount of negativity on this site in the last week is absolutely embarassing.

i agree,it was nice meeting you however,and i look forward to meeting you again in the future.

will somebody record the news story?i may not be home.

B

Bikenut

imported post

A thought about the interview...

YouTube?

I'd watch it even if it took 3 hours to download on my dialup.:what:

cobra

imported post

Bikenut wrote: And people are wondering why there is a problem with folks leaving MOC and the forum?
[/quote]

My comment wasn't intended to be a personal attack but rather an observation on this clusterf*** and how it could reflect on MOC and 'the movement'

lil_freak_66

imported post

it should be noted again that i was interviewed as a bystander,and not a member of MOC or the OC group that attended.

cobra

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
it should be noted again that i was interviewed as a bystander,and not a member of MOC or the OC group that attended.

That wasn't clarified until later.

I was replying to the original post which stated: "channel 10 wishes to do an on camera interview with MOC"

autosurgeon

imported post

Hey guys lay off of lil! I am sure he did a fine job. I have met him and he is way more mature for his age than most. He also seems to have a fairly good handle on the laws.

Look in order for a grass roots volunteer movement to work everyone has to do their part. He is doing what he can when he can.

cobra

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Hey guys lay off of lil!  

I'm not picking on him!
He handles himself well here so I would guess the interview went well.

I'm just someone who has decided to sit on the sidelines of 'official' MOC stuff (for now, anyway..)

I too, will do what I can and when I can for the OC movement.

lil_freak_66

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Did they say that they still wanted to meet up with MOC or not?

for this particular story,no.

but expressed interest in coming to any lansing area events,depending on how well this story goes.

wlns still hasnt called back since yesterday,when i asked them to watch the youtube videos before deciding to do a story or not.lsj never responded.

all news agencies were contacted before the event,i am not sure why nobody had gotten ahold of us until after.

i hope tonights story is well recieved.

T Vance

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
all news agencies were contacted before the event,i am not sure why nobody had gotten ahold of us until after.

i hope tonights story is well recieved.
Probably because most media likes to show dramatic and/or negative stories.