Thread: OC on Private Property

Post imported post

Howdy:

I have 80 acres in Sharp county. It is permissible to OC on that land? It is ALL woods and has some rather ornery animals (Bob Cats, wild BIG dogs, and coyotes). My daughter's property abutts mine. Can I carry on hers as well?

I have a CCW so I could if I had to carry in that manner, but OC is so much more handier.

Post imported post

Yes you can OC on your own property. I do all the time and I live in town as for others property I don't know. I do know that you have to declare that you are CC when you enter into her house.

I know what you are saying I would rather OC but because of law can only CC in Ar. I OC as soon as I get into MO as I am not far from the state line.
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure I would be OK on my own property. I guess I could get a note from my daughter or something permitting me to carry on her property. I have a neghbor would comes across the forty next to me and he always open carries. I think wise men carry openly in my environment, aside form the large and cantankerous animals, meth chemists are in no shortage in the immediate area. I would rather meet the occasional animal than them.

Post imported post

OC is legal on your own property or when you are on a "journey" however, what a journey is is not defined. I am working with a state rep right now and she will be requesting an AG opinion on what a Journey is.