• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

m-15

jaywallace

imported post

A buddy of mine told me he would sell me an m-15 for $1500. Slightly used but good condition. Anybody ever owned an m-15?

Thanks

tcmech

imported post

Are you referring to a smith and wesson model 15 thirty eight special revolver, or an ar15 type rifle?

Dreamer

imported post

Perhaps he is using the military designation for a Colt Officer's model-style 1911. Rock Island armory made these for the US DOD starting in 1972, for issue to people ranked General...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M15_pistol

As a collectors item, $1500 is propbably about correct, if it's in mint condition. But if you want to keep it's value, you can't shoot it or carry it around every day. the whole point of perfectly preserved collectors items is that they are PERFECT...

As an every day carry gun, this seems like a lot of money for what is basically an old gun--old design, old features, old manufacture, old safety mechanisms...

For a LOT less money, you can get a newer gun with more features, and probably more reliability and performance.

So it depends on what you want to do with it, as to whether or not this is a good deal...