• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 4325

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/Bills_history.cfm?input=4325&year=2010&sessiontype=RS&btype=bill

This bill repeals the requirement of a license to carry concealed weapons, partially strengthens preemption, contains provisions similar to HB 4280 for cleaning up confusing and contradictory hunting laws regulating handguns, restores firearm rights to individuals who have received a pardon, expungement, or certain forms of relief from disabilities for a disqualifying crime, and maintains optional concealed weapon licenses for West Virginians to be able to carry in other states via reciprocity.

WVCDL strongly supports.

virginiatuck

imported post

irish_ironsight wrote:
This is interesting, although I must admit I am somewhat conflicted over it. Would this mean that anyone could simply avail themselves of ability to carry a concealed weapon without having at least a basic firearms safety course ?
I'm not worried about that. It's more important that people be able to defend themselves. Safety instruction from an experienced friend or family member is adequate training.

If you are worried about it, then propose legislation to require firearms safety to be taught in your schools.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

HB 4325 merely puts CC on the same legal footing as OC. If you want a permit for reciprocity purposes in other states, the requirements remain the same.

Sig229

imported post

I think it would be great if WV legalized CC with no license.

Vermont lets people carry concealed without a license , and to my knowledge there haven't been any problems.

Sig229

imported post

I looked at the link you posted, but I couldn't find when this bill will be voted on.

Also, do they let people form the public come and watch the voting process?

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Sig229 wrote:
I looked at the link you posted, but I couldn't find when this bill will be voted on.

Also, do they let people form the public come and watch the voting process?
There is no hearing scheduled yet on this bill. Committee meetings are open to the public and the House of Delegates (but not the Senate) streams live audio of all floor and committee meetings.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm impressed. Someone's actually had to do a lot of thinking and careful writing to come up with that bill. I hope it passes.

press1280

imported post

Didn't make it this year. We'll have to wait for next year. It may get a little momentum with AZ passing its version of "Constitutional Carry" this year.

KPatrick

imported post

I would be pleased to sponsor or co-sponsor legislation like this, and help push it to the floor if I'm elected. I'm a pro-liberty, libertarian Republican running in Monongalia County.

www.kevinpatrick.info

Help me get to Charleston, so that we can work on this and other issues like it.

--- Kevin Patrick

Sig229

imported post

KPatrick wrote:
I would be pleased to sponsor or co-sponsor legislation like this, and help push it to the floor if I'm elected. I'm a pro-liberty, libertarian Republican running in Monongalia County.

http://www.kevinpatrick.info

Help me get to Charleston, so that we can work on this and other issues like it.

--- Kevin Patrick
I didn't know you were running, thats great.

I read your stance on the smoking ban, and support your view. However, does your opinion on "the right to own your body/life, etc." extend to other substances? Such as Marijuana?

West Viringina has a lot to offer company's. We just need to get them there!

I have lived in 12 states and WV reminds me of Wyoming in a lot of ways. Like WY, they too could benifit from building local commerce.

KPatrick

imported post

Sig229, yes. As a fully functioning, non-criminal adult you have the right to put whatever you want into your body, as long as you're not injuring anyone else or their property.

That's not something I choose to do personally, but I wouldn't for a moment try to enforce my view on someone else. Your body is your ultimate expression of property, and for the state to be able to tell you how to manage it, what to feed it, how to make it look, or what non-food substances you put it in, smacks of tyranny and a slavish mentality amongst the people.

---KP

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

irish_ironsight wrote:
This is interesting, although I must admit I am somewhat conflicted over it. Would this mean that anyone could simply avail themselves of ability to carry a concealed weapon without having at least a basic firearms safety course ?

You mean like states like Pennsylvania which require no training certification to obtain a license ot conceal handguns?

Or like Arizona, vermont, and Alasaka which require or soon will not require a license ot carry handguns concealed?

Yes.

Sig229

imported post

KPatrick wrote:
Sig229, yes. As a fully functioning, non-criminal adult you have the right to put whatever you want into your body, as long as you're not injuring anyone else or their property.

That's not something I choose to do personally, but I wouldn't for a moment try to enforce my view on someone else. Your body is your ultimate expression of property, and for the state to be able to tell you how to manage it, what to feed it, how to make it look, or what non-food substances you put it in, smacks of tyranny and a slavish mentality amongst the people.

---KP

Thats a true American attitude you have there and should be proud of it.
There are far too many self proclaimed "patriots" who dont have the maturity or wisdom you do.