• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ok i have been away for about 30-60 days

johnnyd1974

imported post

and all i read is people leaving open carry!

why i ask? if you dnt like the way ocdo is going then try and make a change, is that not what this whole thing is about?

we live inthe greatest land in the world!and when we dnt like the way something is going they we try and make the change for the better, sounds like sum who r leaving are not trying ,they are just leaving.....no i have not read all the posts about, who and why they are leaving....all i know is that some are leaving....sum say we are headed in the wrong direction...well since i have been active i have noticed we are doing sum things wrong(imo) but im not leaving, i am doing what i can for the cause, because quitters never win!

yes i think we should have a standard way of doing things i have always said that, but to leave because someone did something you dnt like is WRONG!

i am a firm believer that if we go to each and every city and demand they take the old laws off the books, we will make a dent in the people understanding our cause and rights.(like we did in the city of warren).

and if thats the direction ocdo is going and you don't like it, well stand aside or get plowed over, we are going to make this happen,all of us! and as a group we can do a great many things.

sooo. i think we need to stop all the B.S. and the name calling to each other and the PERSONAL ATTACKS.. and get on with the program...oh yea we need a program!

i said it befor and i will say it again, we need to adapt a plan from someone or somewhere on how to handle ourselves and ocdo in public and use their same PR model.

just my 0.02$ and dnt give me no crap about run on sentences and spelling!

DanM

imported post

johnnyd1974 wrote:
and all i read is people leaving open carry!
It's not the problem you think it is.A few people (some of whom aren't really active OC'ers) voicing their issues is of little concern with respect to the movement as a whole.

johnnyd1974

imported post

yes the movement has to be controlled and respected, or what i mean is we need a program so we all are on the same page, cause if not we will all be pushing and pulling in different ways and square tires don't roll good!

if that makes any logic...lol

DanM

imported post

cobra wrote:
Minimalizing those who express their uncertainty about things is certainly your perogative but it doesn't speak well to others who share the same opinions regarding how hard and how fast we 'push' the agenda

Characterizing any onepeaceable and lawful thing individualOC'ersdo as "pushing" an "agenda" "hard" and "fast" is certainly your prerogative but it doesn't speak welltoOC'ers who are peaceably and lawfully going about their business, not looking for confrontation but getting it anyway from citizens and police who make them the victim of their ill will or ignorance.

Your characterization, sir, is a slap in the face to some and DEAD WRONG!