Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topless OC Demonstration

Post imported post

Post imported post

I saw the video and I think it's rather crass and low class and a serious disservice to OC. It makes society see us as freaks and not just normal members of society.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Post imported post

Yeah, especially because what they were doing was actually against the law.

I want to point out that while I think its worth watching, I don't condone it.

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'm pretty up on gun law. Public Nudity/Indecency laws, however, not so much..

Was what they were doing truly illegal?

Post imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video. I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Post imported post

So your position is that open carry is a great idea and a basic human right... for anyone that you classify as normal?

wow.

If what they did was illegal (and I don't know one way or the other), than I agree, very stupid move.

Post imported post

there has been a few cases in the past of public nudity being legal because it was a political statement.

thats a serious political statement
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

From New Hampshire:

On 2009-08-23, Cassidy Nicosia was arrested in Keene for going topless in public. She was charged with RSA 645:1, “Indecent Exposure and Lewdness.” This was a planned event to promote topless equality, following much discussion (1, 2) on the Free Keene forum, in which several men also went with no shirts. None of the men were arrested.

The arresting officer was Peter Bowers, along with Mike Kopcha and Christopher Simonds. During the incident, Bowers was notified via phone by Sgt. James Cemorelis that he had spoking with another Sergeant, James McLaughlin, and the Keene prosecutor, Attorney Chris McLaughlin, who had claimed that Cassidy was in violation of RSA 645:1. The ticket cited her for “knowingly perform[ing] an act of gross lewdness, under circumstances which she should have known would likely cause affront or alarm, to wit, walking down Main St. while exposing her breasts.”

The arraignment was originally scheduled for 2009-09-09 at 08:30 in Keene District Court, but on 2009-09-01, she was notified in a letter by the other Keene prosecutor, Eliezer Rivera, that the charges had been dropped.

Post imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
    So your position is that open carry is a great idea and a basic human right... for anyone that you classify as normal?

wow.

If what they did was illegal (and I don't know one way or the other), than I agree, very stupid move.
    You didn't quote anyone so who are you arguing with here?

Your assertion that anyone needs to be "normal" to have a basic right under the laws and constitution question or comment whatever it is, seems to imply that someone someone here equated "normal" as a predisposition for rights and I fail to see where this was said, so can you enlighten us where that was said?

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    there has been a few cases in the past of public nudity being legal because it was a political statement.

thats a serious political statement
    Yes but misuse of analogies with naked people claiming to have our best interest hurts us. Nudity has nothing to do with open carry. Lest we change our name to MNOC. Michigan Nudist open carry?

Post imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
    Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: <B>Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video.</B> I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.
    This is what I was referring to with the normal comment. I would suggest that all of us were a 'freak show' not so long ago.

While I may agree that a woman going topless and carrying a gun may not make the statement that the open carry movement wants, I have a hard time with the suggestion that someone should refrain from doing something that is (possibly) perfectly legal. The entire open-carry movement would never have gotten off the ground if we would have been worried about being politically correct. Suggesting that someone should not exercise their rights because they are different is just crap.

Post imported post

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
    Bailenforcer wrote:
    Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: <B>Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video.</B> I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.
    This is what I was referring to with the normal comment. I would suggest that all of us were a 'freak show' not so long ago.

While I may agree that a woman going topless and carrying a gun may not make the statement that the open carry movement wants, I have a hard time with the suggestion that someone should refrain from doing something that is (possibly) perfectly legal. The entire open-carry movement would never have gotten off the ground if we would have been worried about being politically correct. Suggesting that someone should not exercise their rights because they are different is just crap.
    I guess I missed all those nude OC events...

Banned

Post imported post

The "Ridley Report" people give OC a bad name as it is.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think you guys are missing the point.

The sidearm and the toplessness had nothing to do with each other.

Cassidy is a daily open-carrier. She carries all the time.

The toplessness was an inequality protest. The point being that men can go with out a shirt; women should not suffer legal sanctions for doing participating in the exact same activity.

Edit: I can't spell for a donkey's butt.

Post imported post

it just aint fair!! the cops over looked the gun! and they over looked the fat guys that were also exposing there breasts!

fat guys should wear shirts!!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

isnt that how they di it in Canada? minus the OC part? Topless there is legal

Banned

Post imported post

of course its legal in canada, its too cold to do it, besides, everyone knows that you cant ban all the guns

Post imported post

No Comment
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Civil Disobedience: Typical Liberal speak. They don't like a law so rather than exercise your right to change it, they Break it as if that makes it okay.

Banned

Post imported post

They werent breaking the law. And good for them if they did, thats how to change things. Our own history is rooted in that.

Better to be a criminal, than a sheep.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    They werent breaking the law. And good for them if they did, thats how to change things. Our own history is rooted in that.

I don't know about that one Stainless...at least if you're a sheep you can always change your mind and possess a firearm if you choose to do so--but I know what ya mean.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:

She was breaking the law did you not hear the cop cite it? Next if we are talking about breaking the law for some change hows that working out for ya?

The founding fathers wrote a declaration to the king (which is in our first Amend.), where upon the king retaliated. Big difference between Human right atrocities, and a Civil infraction.

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

She was breaking the law did you not hear the cop cite it? Next if we are talking about breaking the law for some change hows that working out for ya?

The founding fathers wrote a declaration to the king (which is in our first Amend.), where upon the king retaliated. Big difference between Human right atrocities, and a Civil infraction.
    I've heard police 'cite' law that I'm breaking by OC'ing. City Ordinances, for instance.

A cop citing law doesn't convince me that what she did was A) Against the law or B) that the law is constitutional.

Banned

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    If youre referring to my case, I wasnt breaking the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast