• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Topless OC Demonstration

Bailenforcer

imported post

I saw the video and I think it's rather crass and low class and a serious disservice to OC. It makes society see us as freaks and not just normal members of society.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Yeah, especially because what they were doing was actually against the law.

I want to point out that while I think its worth watching, I don't condone it.

Bailenforcer

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video. I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.

lil_freak_66

imported post

there has been a few cases in the past of public nudity being legal because it was a political statement.

thats a serious political statement

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

From New Hampshire:

On 2009-08-23, Cassidy Nicosia was arrested in Keene for going topless in public. She was charged with RSA 645:1, “Indecent Exposure and Lewdness.” This was a planned event to promote topless equality, following much discussion (1, 2) on the Free Keene forum, in which several men also went with no shirts. None of the men were arrested.

The arresting officer was Peter Bowers, along with Mike Kopcha and Christopher Simonds. During the incident, Bowers was notified via phone by Sgt. James Cemorelis that he had spoking with another Sergeant, James McLaughlin, and the Keene prosecutor, Attorney Chris McLaughlin, who had claimed that Cassidy was in violation of RSA 645:1. The ticket cited her for “knowingly perform[ing] an act of gross lewdness, under circumstances which she should have known would likely cause affront or alarm, to wit, walking down Main St. while exposing her breasts.”

The arraignment was originally scheduled for 2009-09-09 at 08:30 in Keene District Court, but on 2009-09-01, she was notified in a letter by the other Keene prosecutor, Eliezer Rivera, that the charges had been dropped.

Bailenforcer

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
So your position is that open carry is a great idea and a basic human right... for anyone that you classify as normal?

wow.

If what they did was illegal (and I don't know one way or the other), than I agree, very stupid move.
You didn't quote anyone so who are you arguing with here?

Your assertion that anyone needs to be "normal" to have a basic right under the laws and constitution question or comment whatever it is, seems to imply that someone someone here equated "normal" as a predisposition for rights and I fail to see where this was said, so can you enlighten us where that was said?

Bailenforcer

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
there has been a few cases in the past of public nudity being legal because it was a political statement.

thats a serious political statement
Yes but misuse of analogies with naked people claiming to have our best interest hurts us. Nudity has nothing to do with open carry. Lest we change our name to MNOC. Michigan Nudist open carry?

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: <B>Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video.</B> I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.

This is what I was referring to with the normal comment. I would suggest that all of us were a 'freak show' not so long ago.

While I may agree that a woman going topless and carrying a gun may not make the statement that the open carry movement wants, I have a hard time with the suggestion that someone should refrain from doing something that is (possibly) perfectly legal. The entire open-carry movement would never have gotten off the ground if we would have been worried about being politically correct. Suggesting that someone should not exercise their rights because they are different is just crap.

Bailenforcer

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

The whole idea of Open carry is that it is legal and those who choose to are law abiding normal every day people just like Granny, Mom and Dad so to speak. To make the point with lewd behavior only begs the question: <B>Are the Open carry people just like Joe six pack and every day Americans? Or something to worry about. I resent the freak show tactics shown on the video.</B> I agree the video is quite instructive of hat NOT to do.

This is what I was referring to with the normal comment. I would suggest that all of us were a 'freak show' not so long ago.

While I may agree that a woman going topless and carrying a gun may not make the statement that the open carry movement wants, I have a hard time with the suggestion that someone should refrain from doing something that is (possibly) perfectly legal. The entire open-carry movement would never have gotten off the ground if we would have been worried about being politically correct. Suggesting that someone should not exercise their rights because they are different is just crap.
I guess I missed all those nude OC events...:banghead:

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think you guys are missing the point.

The sidearm and the toplessness had nothing to do with each other.

Cassidy is a daily open-carrier. She carries all the time.

The toplessness was an inequality protest. The point being that men can go with out a shirt; women should not suffer legal sanctions for doing participating in the exact same activity.

Edit: I can't spell for a donkey's butt.