Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning of Possible Terror Attacks on U.S. Soil in Months To Come

Post imported post

WASHINGTON -- Al Qaeda can be expected to attempt an attack on the United States in the next three to six months, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Congress Tuesday. "The biggest threat is not so much that we face an attack like 9/11. It is that Al Qaeda is adapting its methods in ways that oftentimes make it difficult to detect," Panetta told the Senate Intelligence Committee. Panetta also warned of the danger of extremists acting alone: "It's the lone-wolf strategy that I think we have to pay attention to as the main threat to this country," he said.
    We have heard and suspected or predicted there will be more attacks upon our soil for several years now, it is just now the powers to be are coming out about it.

My question is what about us, the armed citizen going about our daily lives, what role do we play?
    Are the terrorist playing upon our culture of not having to deal with suicide bombers or those to cause death and destruction in our everyday movement.

What if we hear someone yelling "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great-used by some suicide bombers) and running, does that raise the threat level to a deadly threat?

As all citizens we all must become more aware of our surroundings as we go about our daily activities and consider to update our home supplies just in case.

What are your thoughts.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

BigDave wrote:
    What if we hear someone yelling "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great-used by some suicide bombers) and running, does that raise the threat level to a deadly threat?

HaHaHa, that's funny!

ohh... wait, you're serious.

Post imported post

If you're prepared to meet an unexpected threat then you're as prepared as you can be. It doesn't matter if it's a gang banger or a terrorist, you're either prepared or not. I'm not going to "kit up" differently because someone might blow up a building somewhere - I'm going to go out prepared to defend myself and other innocent people with the same situational awareness and tools that I trust to defend us every other day.

Post imported post

BigDave

[/quote]

What if they're yelling "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free"? I'd say you should at least go to condition deep orange.

Post imported post

There have been about 12 attacks on our country this past year from Al Queida related (Christmas underwear bomber) to lone wolf homegrown terrorists (Ft Hood & another recruiting station shooting).

I have thought of scenarios where they attack some place I happen to be in. My biggest fear is my daughters elementary school like what happened in Russia a while back. If that was the attack site we would be screwed. First we would be disarmed (GFZ) and if we did bring a gun and somehow survived the attack or helped fight we would still be prosecuted for having a gun. (If not shot by responding police thinking "anyone" with a gun at a school must be a terrorist!)

If someone starts shouting allah akbar and we shoot them we would be prosecuted for a hate crime against islam. So we have to wait until they blow up or start shooting to take them out.

Post imported post

When it comes to places of firearms being off limits as Schools, some are unaware that in some States there are laws on the books as in Washington of the "Law of Necessity" and others I believe in Oregon "Competing Harms" where one can commit a crime in prevention of an immediate danger that would be greater if one did not violate the law.

This is not a loop hole to carry in places restricted by law but if an incident arises in your presence you could enter or exit and reenter to stop the threat with lethal force otherwise prohibited by law.

Under federal case law, a defendant is entitled to a necessity instruction for the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if he can satisfy four factors similar to those articulated in Diana and Gallegos.

Specifically, the defendant must demonstrate:
    (1) he was under unlawful and present threat of death or serious injury,
    (2) he did not recklessly place himself in a situation where he would be forced to engage in criminal conduct,
    (3) he had no reasonable alternative, and
    (4) there was a direct causal relationship between the criminal action and the avoidance of the threatened harm.
    United States v. Paolello, 951 F. 2d 537 (3d Cir. 1991); Lemon, at 765; United States v. Harper, 802 F.2d 115, 117 (5th Cir. 1986); United States v. Agard, 605 F.2d 665 (2d Cir. 1979). «2»
    It is surprising that the Obama Administration has let this come to light with all their feel good B.S. flowing.
    This in my view makes the threat even more so in the coming months.

The act of terrorism in our schools, malls, churches, sporting events, power grids or disruption of commerce as was in 911.
    It is important to realize that the after effects of an attack could place up to fend for ourselves in the bare necessities of life and we need to prepare to some level.

This could be a time where the criminal element in our cities and towns could take advantage of our Law Enforcement being over whelmed, and well to a point depending upon supplies could place neighbor against neighbor when it comes down to feeding our families or keeping them safe.

The reason behind my posting is to get people talking and thinking about the threat of terrorism upon our soil so we maybe better prepared and I appreciate those with their imput.

• I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Post imported post

The real question is: are you prepared to deal with fear-mongering propaganda from the government which gets propagated on internet boards?

Post imported post

The way the obama band of thugs handled the underwear bomber should answer your question. Holder as AG is up there with the SS under Reno; he's just dumber. Their marching orders are to go after honest Americans, not be bothered with terrorists. If they captured Bin Ladin, they'd Mirandize him, too. Besides, president hussein is too busy raising taxes to bother with protecting the country.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
    The way the obama band of thugs handled the underwear bomber should answer your question. Holder as AG is up there with the SS under Reno; he's just dumber. Their marching orders are to go after honest Americans, not be bothered with terrorists. If they captured Bin Ladin, they'd Mirandize him, too. Besides, president hussein is too busy raising taxes to bother with protecting the country.
    I should have explained a little more on my statement.
    Anything Obama touches or is involved in is just a disaster and when he acts you can guarantee if it does not go right it is someone else's fault.

For him to have his staff come out and exclaim Terrors Acts will occur in the next few months with out blaming someone else is shocking.

Gunslinger I whole heartily agree with your statement.

Post imported post

We as americans should be very cautious and careful wherever we go. We live in a great nation but have become targets due to our beliefs and the way that we live. I am a very proud veteran and served this great country with pride and honor. I do believe that we will be attacked again. Sad but true! However my question is this....how can the leader of the CIA come on TV and say that we are going to get attacked in the coming months? I would think that if they know its coming then why not prevent it? If I was BO I would be very upset about this. But then again he wants our guns and our rights too. I wonder how long it will be before "we the people" becomes a thing of the past.......

Post imported post

lifer89 wrote:
    how can the leader of the CIA come on TV and say that we are going to get attacked in the coming months?
    He doesn't know. He wants you to be scared so you congress jacks up his budget, and so you cede more of your freedoms to the stormtroopers who will be searching your bags in the subway stations.

Post imported post

A little poem that just popped into my head........

In days of old when folks were bold
    and excuses were not invented:

Good people would run to the sound of a gun
    to see if they could help get the bad guy vented:

But now when the citizens are cowed
    and freedom is resented:

The good folk are repressed and in the government
    .........only the criminals are represented.

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

One on my hip, one in a glove box and my Bushy in the back seat. About as ready as I can be.

Post imported post

BigDave wrote:
    I don't think that would be considered a deadly threat. However, if they had a weapon, it would most likely be different.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

God's Plan of Salvation

Post imported post

Adam H wrote:
    BigDave wrote:
    I don't think that would be considered a deadly threat. However, if they had a weapon, it would most likely be different.
    This is the concept behind using suicide bombers, no weapon visible getting as close as you can to as many as you can and then do their damage with a hidden weapon KABOOM!

I do not want to add to the fear mongering for sure, but they may not say anything at all and do their evil.
    It is just something we need to be aware of as we go about today looking for things we feel would be threats in society today, tomorrow maybe different.

Post imported post

I'm just wondering if you have a mouse in your pocket when you say "We are not prepared"? Maybe you're not, and maybe the general populace is not prepared for a terrorist attack, but I personally am.
    I care less about "laws" that may make it a "criminal offense" for me to protect the lives of either myself, my family, or innocents. IF it becomes necessary for me to make the ultimate decision of whether to drop a terrorist or allow him to take out victims, I will make that decision when the time comes. But take it to the bank,,he won't get out Akhubar before he's goin down. politically correct be damned.
    Keep your powder dry!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    lifer89 wrote:
    how can the leader of the CIA come on TV and say that we are going to get attacked in the coming months?
    He doesn't know. He wants you to be scared so you congress jacks up his budget, and so you cede more of your freedoms to the stormtroopers who will be searching your bags in the subway stations.
    Maybe even before you get into a cab. It's safer to seach a middle age WASP than someone wearing a towel on his head and a scowl on his face behind his black beard.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    One on my hip, one in a glove box and my Bushy in the back seat. About as ready as I can be.
    +1 Mr.Mitch, but I really can't say more about what is in my truck's rifle rack because, you know, rule #11.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    The real question is: are you prepared to deal with fear-mongering propaganda from the government which gets propagated on internet boards?
    +1

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

the news Media must be wrong, the cowardist only attracted us because of there hatred for bush, with obama bowing down and apologizing to all nations and kissing a$$ for our past actions no one was to hate us any more

Post imported post

If you all remember what happened after 9/11 / the next day EVERY store in the USA
    was sold out of American Flags- Every house had at least one flying , there were also a lot of Violent acts committed on Muslims, call it Patriotic revenge attacks.. If we get attacked again, it being a lone wolf, the kills 50 at a shopping mall or a small Nuke attack somewhere in the US. I can see those revenge attacks on Muslims & anyone even remotely looking like a middle easterner being taken to a new never seen before ultra violent level. You think the midnight rides & the lynchings that the KKK committed were bad ? Just wait for the next attack on American soil. It ain't gonna be pretty & I didn't see a thing

PS , The Military experts are also predicting with almost 100 % certainty that with in the next 5 years, the terrorist will Nuke at least 1 US city. Do you all still think Political correctness & accepting their extreme culture in America is a good thing ?

How accepting of their culture & Politically correct will you be when this happens in America ?

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

we must be nice to the Muslims..lol

This poster left out...tell it to the 3000 American's that died on 9/11
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

waiting to get flamed & called a fascist.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    If you all remember what happened after 9/11 / the next day EVERY store in the USA
    was sold out of American Flags-
    In Chesapeake Virginia the Walmart sold out of American Flags, rifles, shotguns and ammunition.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    was sold out of American Flags- Every house had at least one flying , there were also a lot of Violent acts committed on Muslims, call it Patriotic revenge attacks..
    Please cite references. I did not hear of one attack on a muslim after 9/11.

CAIR constantly harps one how muslims will be the target of attacks.... So far I can't name one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast