• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To answer the sections outright question...

johnny amish

imported post

ixtow wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
As long as the citizens of this country keep wanting to get something for free this country will continue to go in the same direction. Bailouts, cash for clunkers, tax credits to fix your home, cash from the government to buy a home and the list goes on.
Part of this is understandable, honestly.

Being self-sufficient is a crime. Work always costs more than it pays.

The handouts from the Tax Coffer have outpaced the earning potential. Those who work end up in debt paying for those who do nothing. Faced with that reality, working is the dumbest thing you can do, because it only postpones the inevitable.

Why postpone that to the next generation, when we could nip it in the bud?

Work won't pay off until that system is terminated. Feeding it won't terminate it...

I agree, not only is it being self-sufficient a crime but most people think you are some sort of backwards hillbilly if you want to provide for yourself. This country is to full of people trying to get their piece of the pie without putting forth the labor required to receive it, and our political system seems to encourage that behavior.

cscitney87

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
I KNOW I may tickle some nerves here but -
Along the lines of personal responsibility- I believe I have a civic responsibility to NOT relinquish any rights to my local authority. I haven't applied for a concealed carry permit and I won't. A civic responsibility to restore freedom- real freedom- where you don't have to justify your actions to county sheriffs.

No- I'm not some conspiracy nut that fears Katrina-Style gun confiscation, starting with the list of CCW holders..

I do, however, realize that carrying my pistol isn't a given or granted right/privilege. Nothing to license here.. just a gun.. as if it were a PDA or cell phone.. each comes with specific instructions of use.

So this, of course, is a personal opinion and decision- and I don't look down upon anyone with a conceal permit. After all- I signed up for a driver's license.. a conceal license is similar when you follow the above logic.
lmao :lol: I got my permit from the Sheriff a few weeks ago. :what: