• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leaving the PRK for freedom?

coolusername2007

imported post

For those who are planningtheir escape out of the PRKto otherfreer states I would encourage you to take a look at this document. It's a study on freedom in the statesby George Mason University. It was published in Feb 2009, so you may have already seen it, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

In summary, the PRK ranks 47 out of 50 in Overall Freedom, NH ranks number 1, but Alaska is a solid 1st place in the Personal Freedom ranking.

See the following...

Overall Freedom Ranking table...page 19

Individual category freedom rankings tables...pgs 11 & 12

State Profiles begin on page 27.

chewy352

imported post

I haven't looked at that study yet but my wife and I have set a 5 year escape plan to WA. I don't know the status of it but I already have a CCW there which I got while I was stationed up there. Plus its a LOC state.

brad9point0

imported post

After seeing some of the recent SHIT in CA lately I plan to move as soon as school is over.

Any state that has an assembly that will approve marijuana for everyone, being the first state in the nation to do so. All the while DENYING citizens the ability to obtain a CCW (AB357).

So lets try something totally new and let everyone have pot but NOT do something that has worked successfully in 42 other states!

MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!! SCREW THE PRK! :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

chewy352

imported post

Ya but I don't have a Oregon CCW :?No I fell in love with whidbey island.

Thanks for screwing up the format brad. Fix it please.

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Ya but I don't have a Oregon CCW :?No I fell in love with whidbey island.

Thanks for screwing up the format brad. Fix it please.
Do we need a EEU permit for this forum? (Excessive Emoticon Use) Including abehivior modificationclass of 2 weeks, and a sworn/notorized statement stating that this behavior will never used again.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The pot bill is still in the legislature at the moment. This year it may have a decent chance of passing through the legislature because otherwise the proposition is going to pass and the politicians won't be able to modify it themselves.

Personally, I welcome the legalization of all drugs.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

brad9point0 wrote:

So lets try something totally new and let everyone have pot but NOT do something that has worked successfully in 42 other states!

Actually, decriminalization of pot is not a "new" idea. In fact, it has was perfectly legal for the majority of our nation's history. The US Dept of Agriculture at one time put out videos encouraging it's growth by farmers because rope was needed during WWI. A few short years later, the propoganda film Reefer Madness was released (the first time I saw it I thought it was a comedy because the lies in it were so far-fetched).

In an effort to not derail the thread further, I'll just encourage everybody to do their own research into the racist history of drug laws. (Here's a teaser... this was actually stated on the floor of the US Congress: "Marihuana causes black men to rape white women." -- sorry no citation right now, wife is sleeping so I can't go rummaging for my old text book.)

To get back on topic, I agree it's ironic when a state is liberal (using the term in the classic sense) on every issue but guns.

Decriminalize:
- Guns
- Drugs
- Prostitution
- Gambling
- (and all other victimless crimes)

Think about the above list, and consider that each item on that list is a major source of income for street gangs/mafia.

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
To get back on topic, I agree it's ironic when a state is liberal (using the term in the classic sense) on every issue but guns.

Decriminalize:
- Guns
- Drugs
- Prostitution
- Gambling
- (and all other victimless crimes)

Think about the above list, and consider that each item on that list is a major source of income for street gangs/mafia.

After the gun and ammolaws I would be happy to start with...

• Seatbelt laws
  • Helmet laws
  • Driver's licenses
  • Cell phone laws
  • and Cold Medicine laws (though that one may be federal, don't recall)
I think we would all have much better chances of success if we work first to end all the nanny state laws.

Palecon

imported post

Thx for the info cool.

I love calif, but have nothing but contempt for the criminals that are ruining it. If I am still here (employment) when it all goes down, I pray for the courage to be right there on the front lines getting some...p