Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: No rifle OC

  1. #1
    Guest

    Post imported post

    This was stickied at the top of the Michigan discussion:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/37570.html

    The moderator (owner) of this site has made it clear that OC of a rifle is not an acceptable activity for opencarry.org.

    I am linking it here so that it will not be overlooked by those that don't view the stickys at the top.

    I feel that this is the final word with regard to OC of a rifle in conjunction of any OCDO activity.

    It probably isn't even worth discussing anymore either, because it is contrary ti the objectives of OCDO.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756

    Post imported post

    tagged...
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    43

    Post imported post

    Long live common sense!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ortonville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    97

    Post imported post

    Please define what in your opinion is "common sense"?

  5. #5
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    I agree that now is not the time... I didn't feel that way at first but unfortunately through further reflection on it I now agree with Mike's position on this!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  6. #6
    Guest

    Post imported post

    I don't have an opinion on his "position". This is his house. I just didn't see it anywhere as a "mission statement" on the site.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    576

    Post imported post

    Well the mission statement is now posted above for ALL to see

  8. #8
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge. I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.

  9. #9
    Guest

    Post imported post

    mastiff69 wrote:
    Well the mission statement is now posted above for ALL to see
    Yes, but posted as a remark in a thread that would eventually fall off the page.

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge. I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.
    Unwritten rules are useless. MOC has, and always has had, a written rule specific to handguns to follow.

    The official rules of OCDO have finally been updated to reflect limiting discussion to the OC of handguns. And I have every intention of adhering to that rule as it is specified here:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html





  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Helen, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    How about it any of you all up for a AR/SKS open carry breakfest on sunday, would be fun and I dont think we would have any problem getting to the buffet, BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent Co, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    398

    Post imported post

    Glock2go wrote:
    How about it any of you all up for a AR/SKS open carry breakfest on sunday, would be fun and I dont think we would have any problem getting to the buffet, BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude...I don't get it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ortonville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    97

    Post imported post

    If anyone is interested in the discussion of long arm OC, it appears that the moderators at USAcarry.com are fine with ALL discussions. This includes OC, CC of handguns and long guns. May be a good place to go, and it seems that folks there are as divided on the discussions as here, without the heightened emotions.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,544

    Post imported post

    CV67PAT wrote:
    mastiff69 wrote:
    Well the mission statement is now posted above for ALL to see
    Yes, but posted as a remark in a thread that would eventually fall off the page.

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge.* I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO* that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.
    Unwritten rules are useless. MOC has, and always has had, a written rule specific to handguns to follow.
    The bylaws of MOC state in section 1.1 that MOC was founded on the principle of educating and promoting the right to open carry "firearms". It does not specifically state "handgun" only.

    The official rules of OCDO have finally been updated to reflect limiting discussion to the OC of handguns. And I have every intention of adhering to that rule as it is specified here:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

  14. #14
    Regular Member DanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,937

    Post imported post

    jfrenchudm wrote:
    If anyone is interested in the discussion of long arm OC, it appears that the moderators at USAcarry.com are fine with ALL discussions. This includes OC, CC of handguns and long guns. May be a good place to go, and it seems that folks there are as divided on the discussions as here, without the heightened emotions.
    I don't think anyone has to really jump ship from here and go elsewhere to discuss long arm OC (pro or con), for two reasons:

    • The forum rules aren't enforced with Nazi-like discipline by Mike or John. And that's a good thing. I think deep down their sense of free speech is as deeply ingrained as their dedication to RKBA.
    • If this particular rule is surprisinglyenforced with Nazi-like discipline, then just refer to long arm OC as "bringing my bunny rabbit", "carrying my teddy bear", or something like that.

    Hopefully, over time, rule #11 is modified to be more sensible in merely proscribing long arm OC as being an "official" goalof OCDO, rather than the way it is currently written in which it proscribes any discussion of long arm OC (pro or con). Until then, I think a blind eye will be taken as far as moderation just as it is taken with most other violations of the forum rules. But, if a blind eye is not taken, then folks can always use euphemisms, and the more silly the euphemism the better for highlighting any thought-police moderation activity.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

    He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ortonville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    97

    Post imported post

    I understand that Dan, I didn't mean to advocate jumping ship, just wanted to provide an alternate placeto discuss that which is not allowed here.

  16. #16
    Guest

    Post imported post

    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    The bylaws of MOC state in section 1.1 that MOC was founded on the principle of educating and promoting the right to open carry "firearms". It does not specifically state "handgun" only.
    And and high school business student would know why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •