• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No rifle OC

G

imported post

This was stickied at the top of the Michigan discussion:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/37570.html

The moderator (owner) of this site has made it clear that OC of a rifle is not an acceptable activity for opencarry.org.

I am linking it here so that it will not be overlooked by those that don't view the stickys at the top.

I feel that this is the final word with regard to OC of a rifle in conjunction of any OCDO activity.

It probably isn't even worth discussing anymore either, because it is contrary ti the objectives of OCDO.

G

imported post

I don't have an opinion on his "position". This is his house. I just didn't see it anywhere as a "mission statement" on the site.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge. I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.

G

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Well the mission statement is now posted above for ALL to see:exclaim:
Yes, but posted as a remark in a thread that would eventually fall off the page.

CrossPistols wrote:
Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge. I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.
Unwritten rules are useless. MOC has, and always has had, a written rule specific to handguns to follow.

The official rules of OCDO have finally been updated to reflect limiting discussion to the OC of handguns. And I have every intention of adhering to that rule as it is specified here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

Glock2go

imported post

How about it any of you all up for a AR/SKS open carry breakfest on sunday, would be fun and I dont think we would have any problem getting to the buffet, BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

sevenplusone

imported post

Glock2go wrote:
How about it any of you all up for a AR/SKS open carry breakfest on sunday, would be fun and I dont think we would have any problem getting to the buffet, BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude...I don't get it.

jfrenchudm

imported post

If anyone is interested in the discussion of long arm OC, it appears that the moderators at USAcarry.com are fine with ALL discussions. This includes OC, CC of handguns and long guns. May be a good place to go, and it seems that folks there are as divided on the discussions as here, without the heightened emotions.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
Well the mission statement is now posted above for ALL to see:exclaim:
Yes, but posted as a remark in a thread that would eventually fall off the page.

CrossPistols wrote:
Kinda like an Unwritten rule. It is common knowledge.  I was told long ago by Higher ups at MOC as well as OCDO  that Hand Guns were the Holy Grail so to speak.
Unwritten rules are useless. MOC has, and always has had, a written rule specific to handguns to follow.

The bylaws of MOC state in section 1.1 that MOC was founded on the principle of educating and promoting the right to open carry "firearms". It does not specifically state "handgun" only.

The official rules of OCDO have finally been updated to reflect limiting discussion to the OC of handguns. And I have every intention of adhering to that rule as it is specified here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

DanM

imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
If anyone is interested in the discussion of long arm OC, it appears that the moderators at USAcarry.com are fine with ALL discussions. This includes OC, CC of handguns and long guns. May be a good place to go, and it seems that folks there are as divided on the discussions as here, without the heightened emotions.

I don't think anyone has to really jump ship from here and go elsewhere to discuss long arm OC (pro or con), for two reasons:

• The forum rules aren't enforced with Nazi-like discipline by Mike or John. And that's a good thing. I think deep down their sense of free speech is as deeply ingrained as their dedication to RKBA.
  • If this particular rule is surprisinglyenforced with Nazi-like discipline, then just refer to long arm OC as "bringing my bunny rabbit", "carrying my teddy bear", or something like that.
Hopefully, over time, rule #11 is modified to be more sensible in merely proscribing long arm OC as being an "official" goalof OCDO, rather than the way it is currently written in which it proscribes any discussion of long arm OC (pro or con). Until then, I think a blind eye will be taken as far as moderation just as it is taken with most other violations of the forum rules. But, if a blind eye is not taken, then folks can always use euphemisms, and the more silly the euphemism the better for highlighting any thought-police moderation activity.

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

The bylaws of MOC state in section 1.1 that MOC was founded on the principle of educating and promoting the right to open carry "firearms". It does not specifically state "handgun" only.

And and high school business student would know why.