Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Steps down...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I respect his decision, but man does that suck.

Post imported post

Say what? :shock:
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

This sad news. He has been a great help to me from my first post on this forum. i hope to see him at future events.

Devery

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    I respect his decision, but man does that suck.
    Why did he step down?

What were his reasons?

Post imported post

i cannot find any info on this...info????

(worried)
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

check your emails.

gonna miss ya brian,i hope you still post(though the way things are,i understand) and attend,your very knowledgable and a nice guy to be around.

Dear members,

I am sad to announce to you that Brian has stepped down as our President. It is with a heavy heart that I am delivering this message and one that I had hoped not to make. Brian has been a champion of our cause and has been a great leader for MOC. Today we are loosing not only a great man but a great friend.

Below is Brian's letter of resignation.

Dear Board and Members:

It is with regret that I'm am resigning as President of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. I have been mulling this decision over for a few months and it was not an easy one. I find that due to professional and family issues I just don't have the necessary time to devote to the organization and maintain the quality of work that's needed to lead this fine organization.

I hope that my service was valuable and worthwhile, it was a pleasure serving such a fine group of people as you. I have left the organization in very capable hands as I'm sure John will be an outstanding President. Please give him the same respect I have received from you all.

I will still be involved in the open carry effort and will be glad to advise the board in any way that I can. I hope to see you all at future OC events. So it is with regret that I say good bye for now.

Respectfully yours.

Brian Jeffs, MC CPG

not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

It is with heavy heart that I receive this news....

Brian... your hard work for, the time you devoted to, and the enthusiasm you gave to MOC will be sorely missed.

Thank you Brian.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

It is a very, very tough job. Lots of stress, stupidity, micro managing, and driving all over the state. I don't envy Brian for having done it, but I, like all others here, owe him a big THANK YOU. Brian devoted an incredible amount of time, energy and money to defending, promoting, and spreading the awareness of our rights as Michigan citizens. His service has been outstanding. I am grateful for it. I am also happy that he is going to be able to restore some sanity into his personal life.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Wow. This is hard to take. Brian, you've been a great help, and a great influence. It's just not gonna feel right with you and Jerry both gone.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Just wanted to say thanks to Brian for all the help he has given me publicly on the forums and privately through emails. Even though I have only beeninvolved in the open carry movementfor a short time, I came to respect Brians opinions on things and have asked for it privately on some issues related to preemption and getting local ordinances repealed.Thank you for your service to the cause.

Post imported post

Take care!

Post imported post

Sorry to this Brian, but understandable. You have done alot for OC. I'm glad to have been able to meet with you on several occasions. Hope to still see you on here and out in the real world.

Post imported post

Enjoy the extra time for you family! We support you and what you have done. And thank you!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

mad props to brian for what hes done for the open carry movement. You will be missed.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Post imported post

Brian,

Thanks for everything.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Enjoy the extra time for you family! We support you and what you have done. And thank you!!
    This represents my sentimients exactly.

I'd also like to add my personal thanks to Brian for all you've done for all of us and more over the years.

Please don't be a stranger.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    It is a very, very tough job. Lots of stress, stupidity, micro managing, and driving all over the state. I don't envy Brian for having done it, but I, like all others here, owe him a big THANK YOU. Brian devoted an incredible amount of time, energy and money to defending, promoting, and spreading the awareness of our rights as Michigan citizens. His service has been outstanding. I am grateful for it. I am also happy that he is going to be able to restore some sanity into his personal life.
    It's hard to say it much better than that.

Thanks for your service Brian and I'm glad I was able to meet you at the Battle CreekFriendship Park event. Enjoy the time with your family, it goes too quickly.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Brian,

Thank you for the time and dedication you have given MOC for a long time now. You will be sorely missed.

Take care of yourself and your family, and please don't become a stranger.

God Bless

Post imported post

Brian,

Thank you for everything and good health!

Banned

Post imported post

Best of luck, and thanks.

Who will replace him as president?

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

For the time being, John will become President.

Post imported post

God Bless Brian! I always wondered how you could do all that you were doin!I understand how something had to give.Thanks for everything! Jeff.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

I hope he can still devote some time to OC.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Thank you for all of your time, effort, and respect to all of us here. You are sorely missed. God bless you and your family, enjoy your extra free time.

God Bless sir.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast