• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry using IWB holster?

paintsnow

imported post

If I have a IWB holster, that leaves everything above the trigger guard above the belt, and i keep my shirt behind the gun (not covering it) is that still considered open carry?

I cant find anything in the NRS, maybe im just looking in the wrong spot.

I know in arizona it says "paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage." So since its partially visible, and obviously a gun, I know i wont have troubles in AZ, but not sure about Vegas.

This whole living in two places and trying to remember the laws thing gets confusing.

To be specific, i have a Browning Hi power in .40 and would be using the MacDaniel 2 holster from http://www.andrewsleather.com/

jfrey123

imported post

The only thing you'll find in the NRS is that a Concealed Firearm is one that is not disernable by ordinary observation. There is no case law or any other supporting statutes to help with the definition of what OC is. But if people can look at you and see your firearm, it would be my opinion that you are OC, and I believe it'd be an easy case to argue in court (if it ever came down to it).

I've OC'ed like that before. I like the way IWB holsters secure the weapon against the body.