• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self-defense books or DVDs for Women?

Dreamer

imported post

I'm looking to get some materials for my daughters who live in MD regarding self-defense techniques. Obviously since they live in MD, carrying for self-defense isn't possible.

So I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to some good books or videos fo rphysical self-defense techniques?

Also, since they CAN own shotguns for home defense, I wondered if anyone had any books that were specifically tailored toward the female shooter.

I'd like to hear from the WOMEN on this forum. Please, if you'v ereviewed any of the current books that are tailored toward women, let me know what you recommend (and which ones you consider a waste of money!)...

Thanks in advance!

office888

imported post

Magpul Dynamics Handgun edition is about to be released.

Although not "women-specific", it's bound to have a lot of great information in it. Chris Costa and Travis Haley are both great, knowledgeable instructors.

-Richard-

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Anything by Paxton Quigley would be right up your alley. But her thrust is more towards using a firearm for SD.

They can own handguns in Maryland. It's just that getting a carry permit is next to impossible. Just curious. Have you tried to convince them to move out of Maryland? Depending upon what part of Maryland they are in, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia are all shall issue states.

CarryOpen

imported post

How about a "Refuse to be a Victim" seminar coupled with an NRA home defense class?