Thread: Looking for an AK

Post imported post

Know anyone who has an AK that they've been thinking to sell?

I was out lookingthe other day at a shop trying seeing what kinds I liked and found a nice Polish version with the under-folding stock. I also kinda like the look of the all-black versions. (so far it seems to be a running theme with my guns)

I hear that they're very reliable, ammo is decent in price, they have that 'classic look', and plus I have a friend from Russia who'd be all excited if I got one and took him shooting (not to mention my dad or brother). I'm still trying to convince my friend to buy a gun. I think I'll eventually win.

I also hear that they're pretty easy to modify and customize. :celebrate

:celebrate

Post imported post

Problem with modifying them is keeping the parts count.

You run the risk of becoming an instant felon because you put on a plastic grip made in China instead of the USA, for example...

I got rid of my AK for an AR for this exact reason.

That being said, there's nothing like taking off the furniture, putting it in the dishwasher to clean it, baking it in the oven to dry it, then lubing it up and reassembling it...

It's stupidly reliable.

Edited to add: I hope you realize how heavy these weapons are, another reason why I ditched it..
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

If you're looking for cheap, try http://www.jgsales.com/ or http://www.budsgunshop.com/ .

Bought my AK from J & G, they have lots, starting well under $400. Buds usually has great deals too.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

You will find plenty of local deals for that AK right here:
    http://www.seattleguns.net/viewforum...351360a22a913b
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I thought that the parts count was the assault weapons bill that expired in 2004.

Post imported post

Keeping fhe parts count {922} is easy. Its only a few.

I would get a yugo M70 underfolder, it fits your bill and is super tough.

Aimsurplus.com or centerfiresystems.com

And use THguns.com {Todd Hildebrand} for the FFL transfer. $20 and he's a good guy

Post imported post

The parts count is easy. I believe that you need 6 compliance parts if the AK you have has a threaded barrel, and 5 if it doesn't. The parts are easy to change out. Stock, pistol grip, and handguard are 3, the fire-control group (hammer, trigger, sear) are 3 more, muzzle brake is another 1, piston is also another 1. These are the common parts replaced, and the easiest. Any combination to get to the count you need. If you need any info, check out the AK Files Forum. They have stickies on parts counts, compliance info, etc. The Yugos are nice AKs. I believe that they have the reinforced receiver.