Thread: Hi from SW Wisc

Post imported post

Currently in Highland going on 5 yrs now. Lived in Madison previously. Also just joined WCDO tonight.

Post imported post

welcome, I live in Monroe WI and work in Madison

Post imported post

Hello proneblocked, new guy here myself, I'm just 18 miles down the road from you. Give me a holler if you want to play with guns or just shoot the bull, figuratively speaking of course.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

Old Grump wrote:
    Hello proneblocked, new guy here myself, I'm just 18 miles down the road from you. Give me a holler if you want to play with guns or just shoot the bull, figuratively speaking of course.
    Hi grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.

Post imported post

Welcome to our forum, Prone !!!! nice to have you.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Welcome to our forum, Prone !!!! nice to have you.
    Thx Glock!

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

prone & grump:

I realize La Crosse is a stretch, but if you guys wanted to have a personal get together some time (half way between) PM me and let me know.

Always glad to meet another OC supporter.

Welcome to the forum.

Read up, Load up, Holster up, and Carry On!

Post imported post

Welcome to sanity Proneblocked,

Hey, You a gamer?

I don't know if there are any Waffle House restaurants in the area but an afternoon, Sunday get together with a bunch of like minded OCers might be great fun. Coffee, bull and strategy might be on the menu in the winter but some range work might be in the cards this spring.

Waddaya think 'bout that?

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    Welcome to sanity Proneblocked,

Hey, You a gamer?

I don't know if there are any Waffle House restaurants in the area but an afternoon, Sunday get together with a bunch of like minded OCers might be great fun. Coffee, bull and strategy might be on the menu in the winter but some range work might be in the cards this spring.

Waddaya think 'bout that?

I game a bit...mostly MW2. No waffle houses around here though. Never heard of Buffalo City though.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

proneblocked wrote:
    grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.
    Welcome to the forum. A good friend of mine was born and raised in Avoca 84 years ago. I didn't know there were any ranges in the area. Probably a private deal, eh?

Dave

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    proneblocked wrote:
    grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.
    Welcome to the forum. A good friend of mine was born and raised in Avoca 84 years ago. I didn't know there were any ranges in the area. Probably a private deal, eh?

Dave
    Yeah, not too many people really know its there. Its open to the public provided you you purchase a year membership for $25. There is a newly rebuilt lean-to with 3 benches and berms which are staggered every 50 yrds or so. Only downside is it's right next to the sewage treatment. Its just west of the village behing the electrical substation.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

proneblocked wrote:
    Yeah, not too many people really know its there. Its open to the public provided you you purchase a year membership for $25. There is a newly rebuilt lean-to with 3 benches and berms which are staggered every 50 yrds or so. Only downside is it's right next to the sewage treatment. Its just west of the village behing the electrical substation.
    Who runs it? Can you bring guests? I'm not worried about the treatment plant; my shooting would probably stink anyway.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    proneblocked wrote:
    Who runs it? Can you bring guests? I'm not worried about the treatment plant; my shooting would probably stink anyway.
    Unsure who owns it. President is Richard N Morton...at least thats what it says on the membership card. Guests are welcome. Every time I go there, there's noone there. Its kinda shoody though. When you pay for your membership they give you a card with the combination to the lock keeping the swinging gates shut but the lock never works. Alot of times the gate is open anyway.

Post imported post

proneblocked wrote:
    davegran wrote:
    proneblocked wrote:
    Unsure who owns it. President is Richard N Morton...at least thats what it says on the membership card. Guests are welcome. Every time I go there, there's noone there. Its kinda shoody though. When you pay for your membership they give you a card with the combination to the lock keeping the swinging gates shut but the lock never works. Alot of times the gate is open anyway.
    I should also mention that membersip cards can be purchased at the Shell station in Avoca...takes 2min. to fill out application and they never deny anyone.