• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi from SW Wisc

Old Grump

imported post

Hello proneblocked, new guy here myself, I'm just 18 miles down the road from you. Give me a holler if you want to play with guns or just shoot the bull, figuratively speaking of course.

proneblocked

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Hello proneblocked, new guy here myself, I'm just 18 miles down the road from you. Give me a holler if you want to play with guns or just shoot the bull, figuratively speaking of course.
Hi grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

prone & grump:

I realize La Crosse is a stretch, but if you guys wanted to have a personal get together some time (half way between) PM me and let me know.

Always glad to meet another OC supporter.

Welcome to the forum.

Read up, Load up, Holster up, and Carry On!

hardballer

imported post

Welcome to sanity Proneblocked,

Hey, You a gamer?

I don't know if there are any Waffle House restaurants in the area but an afternoon, Sunday get together with a bunch of like minded OCers might be great fun. Coffee, bull and strategy might be on the menu in the winter but some range work might be in the cards this spring.

Waddaya think 'bout that?

proneblocked

imported post

hardballer wrote:
Welcome to sanity Proneblocked,

Hey, You a gamer?

I don't know if there are any Waffle House restaurants in the area but an afternoon, Sunday get together with a bunch of like minded OCers might be great fun. Coffee, bull and strategy might be on the menu in the winter but some range work might be in the cards this spring.

Waddaya think 'bout that?
I game a bit...mostly MW2. No waffle houses around here though. Never heard of Buffalo City though.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

proneblocked wrote:
grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.

Welcome to the forum. A good friend of mine was born and raised in Avoca 84 years ago. I didn't know there were any ranges in the area. Probably a private deal, eh?
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave

proneblocked

imported post

davegran wrote:
proneblocked wrote:
grump, on a good day you'll find me at the Avoca "range" with my Taurus.

Welcome to the forum. A good friend of mine was born and raised in Avoca 84 years ago. I didn't know there were any ranges in the area. Probably a private deal, eh?
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave
Yeah, not too many people really know its there. Its open to the public provided you you purchase a year membership for $25. There is a newly rebuilt lean-to with 3 benches and berms which are staggered every 50 yrds or so. Only downside is it's right next to the sewage treatment.:( Its just west of the village behing the electrical substation.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

proneblocked wrote:
Yeah, not too many people really know its there. Its open to the public provided you you purchase a year membership for $25. There is a newly rebuilt lean-to with 3 benches and berms which are staggered every 50 yrds or so. Only downside is it's right next to the sewage treatment.:( Its just west of the village behing the electrical substation.
Who runs it? Can you bring guests? I'm not worried about the treatment plant; my shooting would probably stink anyway. :lol:

proneblocked

imported post

davegran wrote:
proneblocked wrote:
Who runs it? Can you bring guests? I'm not worried about the treatment plant; my shooting would probably stink anyway. :lol:
Unsure who owns it. President is Richard N Morton...at least thats what it says on the membership card. Guests are welcome. Every time I go there, there's noone there. Its kinda shoody though. When you pay for your membership they give you a card with the combination to the lock keeping the swinging gates shut but the lock never works. Alot of times the gate is open anyway.

proneblocked

imported post

proneblocked wrote:
davegran wrote:
proneblocked wrote:
Unsure who owns it. President is Richard N Morton...at least thats what it says on the membership card. Guests are welcome. Every time I go there, there's noone there. Its kinda shoody though. When you pay for your membership they give you a card with the combination to the lock keeping the swinging gates shut but the lock never works. Alot of times the gate is open anyway.
I should also mention that membersip cards can be purchased at the Shell station in Avoca...takes 2min. to fill out application and they never deny anyone.