• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mikestilly is Running for Vice President of MOC

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do you support all forms of legal carry?

Not that I have any vested interest, as I am not a member of MOC at this time.

Just wondering, and to damned lazy to go look up your posts. :D

autosurgeon

imported post

I think most of us support all forms of legal carry. However there is a time and place for everything and we need to remember slow and steady wins the race. Leaps and bounds some times can destroy progress with the public that has taken months and years... IMOP

As for the OP I support his run and will vote for him!

G

imported post

What say you, Mike?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Members of MOC, currently there is no VP seat open and there is no President seat open. As of now I am still VP and acting President. The board is currently working to finalize these issues, but as of now the only open positions are the ones I posted yesterday.

After the transition takes place and the board votes, yes there will be a vp seat open on the board. However, per our bylaws that becomes an appointed position due to the circumstances, not elected. The board will appoint a VP who will serve out the remainder of the term at which time another VP elevtion will be held (Nov,2011).

I love the passion and support but we need to let the system work for us. Trust me things will become very clear in the next day or so.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Members of MOC, currently there is no VP seat open and there is no President seat open. As of now I am still VP and acting President. The board is currently working to finalize these issues, but as of now the only open positions are the ones I posted yesterday.

Generaldet, do you support long arm open carry in Michigan and other states?

For example, refer to the Lansing Ponderosa case. Do you support Kimberguy's open carrying of an AR-15 in the restaurant?

Michigander

imported post

For example, refer to the Lansing Ponderosa case. Do you support Kimberguy's open carrying of an AR-15 in the restaurant?
That is a rather poor way to word that. "Support" in that context is vague and a loaded statement. A better question would be if you think he has a right to, and if you wouldn't throw a hissy fit over him doing it.

I wouldn't carry a full sized long gun inside any more than I'd carry a Jennings. But I wouldn't bitch at someone for choosing to do it themselves.

Anyway, Mike, you have my vote.

G

imported post

Mikestilly for VP

"If nominated, I will not run.
If elected, I will not serve."

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Michigander wrote:

That is a rather poor way to word that.

Nah, it's worded OK.

It will be interesting how he answers the question. Or if he ducks it.

There seems to be a lot of ducking going on regarding MI activities. Lot of stuff going on in the back channel.

Probably a bad sign and it looks like MOC is imploding.

Anybody resign lately? I mean someone new...

G

imported post

HankT wrote:
Michigander wrote:

Nah, it's worded OK.

There seems to be a lot of ducking going on regarding MI activities. Lot of stuff going on in the back channel.

I did. In fact I've already stopped posting.

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
HankT wrote:
Michigander wrote:

Nah, it's worded OK.

I did. In fact I've already stopped posting.
After careful analyis of the situation I have made the decision not to quit. I was harshly rebuked last night by THway for being a quitter.

Well damnit, I an not a quitter.

I am a winner!!!

I will not quit!!!

" I have yet begun to fight."

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I am glad you have decided to stay!
Thanks autosurgeon.

Not let's get Mikestilly's campaign rolling here. He's got a whole lot a work ahead of him. His opposition is already entrenched in the system and is poised to launch an visceral negative campaign against Mikestilly.

If we're going to get him elected we're going to have to come together and counter this vicious negative campaign that the opposition is undertaking.

We have got to inform the electorate of the attributes that someone of Mikestilly's caliber (.44 Remington magnum) brings to the Office of Vice-President.

We must get out the vote to ensure we get the votes needed to lead Mikesilly to victory.

Mikestilly's campaign slogan should be on the lips of every supporter...

"If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve"

VOTE FOR MIKESTILLY 2010
[line]This announcement was paid for by the Political Action Committee to Elect Mikestilly 2010.

"Hi, I'm Mikestilly and I approve this message."

("Well not really but I do want to get elected.")

super_squint

Treasurer, MOC, Inc. Oakland, Michigan, U
imported post

HankT wrote:
Michigander wrote:

Nah, it's worded OK.

Maybe there are more important things to work on in the "back channel" than stating one's opinion on an issue that does not warrant addressing in this post. :)

To slide back on topic here, thank you for your dedication and hard work, Mike. I am looking forward to hearing more about your ideas. Especially the volunteer effort for our troops.

CV, you quit at quitting? ;)