• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eye on the Prize

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

It is a depressing, disturbing, disgusting thing watching the rapid deteriation of this movement the last few days due to the collapse of the community structure that has driven it all this time.

If this trend continues, its going to be dust-in-the-wind time for us, we will scarcely be remembered, and it will be up to you to tell your grandchildren all about why the 2nd Amendment was repealed in 2024.

I see the huge amount of progress we have made, in such a short time. I have met a few of you, and had a good time doing it as well. I have read about the struggles and triumphs of many of you regarding open carry in Michigan, and always, we seem to be making headway.

Now, one negative event, one, out of the many positive, and much progress we've made, and the whole thing is threatening to crumble as everyone quits.

Is this all the resolve we have? We can't overcome one negative obstacle? No wonder American's rights have been trampled on so grossly the last 40 years.

We need to keep the goal in mind. This infighting about what was 'right or wrong' is getting us nowhere.

The situation is a learning experience for everyone. What would have happened if, say, the entire Civil Rights community had bashed Rosa Parks because her refusal to move was 'too extreme'. Do you think that her refusal to move would really have been the problem? Or do you think that the movement's fear of confrontation would have been the problem?

This is a movement. There will be confrontations, and conflicts. It is our ability, resolve, and in fact our duty as Americans to overcome these and other issues, and keep the end goal in mind. We have lost sight of it, it seems.

You can all quit if you want to, but I'm staying here, and I'm going to keep doing what I can.

Those of you like minded folks out there that still want to make progress and get something done, let me know. I'll work with you as best I can. Those of you who get your jollies blaming other people and want to damn this endeavor and negate all of its prior progress, well, you have fun with that, but its not needed here.

There is a clear cut difference between civil conversation and debate, and the ape-style crap-flinging that has been happening around here lately.

Woody Harrelson said it best: "Time to nut up or shut up!"

Haman J.T.

imported post

Not to worry!Out of the thousands of good discussions,only a handfull of BS.Just a blip on the screen,a small speed bump.Continue to fight the good fight!No whimping out!God Bless all 2Aer's!

jfrenchudm

imported post

Here's the thing; it used to be that if someone did or said something at an event or here on the forum that others disagreed with, they would try to argue their point, and suggest that the person in question (and others) not do it again or yet. Now what I see is people saying what was done is stupid, or certain rights are stupid, and that you shall not do such things. I think that people need to recognize that we are all adults capable of making our own decisions and have that right (right or wrong), and saying they are stupid for it does nobody any good.