• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fresno CBS 47

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thanks for posting this, it was a pretty unbiased story in my opinion. It was especially nice not to have somebody from the Brady bunch spouting emotional nonsense. The officer at the end from Merced seemed to be totally on the level.

Gundude

imported post

I left a comment about the "wild west". Now the Brady bunch can't use it in one their lame responses.

aka Rossi357

Rusty

imported post

I hear the argument about police having to take time out of their busy day to go check that a weapon is not loaded, instead of responding to "real" crimes all the time. It is such BS. If the police have more important things to do then come hassle someone who is not even breaking the law, then they should go do it.

It is illegal to drive around without a front license plate, but you rarely see the police scouring the towns to find cars that don't have one.

No one is telling these guys they need to come out and waste their time. No on is telling them to not respond to a rape in progress in order to check that Joe Citizen's gun is not loaded.

"Oh, but it takes so much work to come out and violate the 4th amendment rights of these guys."

I can't believe that people can keep a straight face while making this argument.

yelohamr

imported post

What happened with the interview that supposed to happen the other night? Was it an LE detainment, alien abduction, or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
What happened with the interview that supposed to happen the other night? Was it an LE detainment, alien abduction, or what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Heprobably got arrested and was advised not to post anything here....my guess. Me and my "worst possible scenerio" mind.

Cameron

imported post

Gundude wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
What happened with the interview that supposed to happen the other night?  Was it an LE detainment, alien abduction, or what?  Inquiring minds want to know.
He probably got arrested and was advised not to post anything here....my guess. Me and my "worst possible scenerio" mind.

I don't see the thread anymore that was posted on this, but I do recall reading that everything was "okay" and he apologized for not posting anything sooner, but that really don't say whether or not there are any pending charges or IA investigation and WHY nothing was posted sooner (since I would assume that would be the first thing to happen if everything was truly okay). I am curious why the thread was removed (or where it went).

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
I hope he didn't get probed.
It depends on who does the probing. I was called for jury duty a while back. When I went through the secure entrance, I asked a pretty lady cop if she was going to frisk me. She said, "no", I said, "please". She blushed and told she didn't think it was necessary. :cry:

Cameron

imported post

Gundude wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
I hope he didn't get probed.
It depends on who does the probing. I was called for jury duty a while back. When I went through the secure entrance, I asked a pretty lady cop if she was going to frisk me. She said, "no", I said, "please". She blushed and told she didn't think it was necessary.  :cry:

Frisking is one thing... but when she got to the full body cavity search you might not be having such a great time.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Cameron wrote:
Frisking is one thing... but when she got to the full body cavity search you might not be having such a great time.

Hey, some people are into that sort of thing...

(Disclaimer: I have no personal knowlege of what Gundude is "into", so don't misconstrue my above post as insinuating anything about him... just speaking generally...)

Cameron

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Hey, some people are into that sort of thing...

(Disclaimer: I have no personal knowlege of what Gundude is "into", so don't misconstrue my above post as insinuating anything about him... just speaking generally...)

I think you know way too much about what some people are "into".... :what:

(Disclaimer: obviously kidding :celebrate )

Gundude

imported post

THREAD DERAILMENT ALERT!

From being arrested, to being probed, to being frisked, to body cavity searches.....

:what:

Cameron

imported post

Gundude wrote:
THREAD DERAILMENT ALERT!

From being arrested, to being probed, to being frisked, to body cavity searches.....

:what:

Don't forget it all began as the posting of some relatively innocent news footage ... talk about a downhill spiral