• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign is at it again! Now trying to push Starbucks into ban firearms!

TFred

imported post

Riana wrote:
TFred wrote:
I'm not a coffee or a cider drinker... what do they have that I might like?

TFred
In addition to coffee, they've got tea, hot chocolate, smoothies, baked goods, etc. Not cheap, of course, but nice for the occasional treat.

I am a coffee drinker, but apparently I've ruined my palate. I only like el-cheapo coffee now - can't stand Starbucks coffee. :dude:
Ha ha, well that's good for your pocketbook. I've heard it's pretty strong stuff.

TFred

IanB

imported post

HankT wrote:
Gee, it's not like you would intentionally take my statement and cut out the most important part, eh? I'm sure it was just a keyboard malfunction.

Do you know what a strawman argument is FAB? Obviously, you know how to craft one...
Gee Hank,isn't that what YOU been doing all these years?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
HankT wrote:
Gee, it's not like you would intentionally take my statement and cut out the most important part, eh? I'm sure it was just a keyboard malfunction.

Do you know what a strawman argument is FAB? Obviously, you know how to craft one...
Gee Hank,isn't that what YOU been doing all these years?

Show me one example, NSL.

Ought to be easy to find, yes?

c45man

imported post

It looks like the pathetic brady clowns are mad at even their would be hero, Obama. The irrelevant bradys gave Barrack an "F" rating for what they claim was his failure to take advantage of a Democrat House and Senate and pass morerestrictions on private firearm ownership. The anti-gun zealots danced the streets after Obama's victory, how quickly they turned on their chosen one.

MyWifeSaidYes

imported post

The comment was made that someone's fear of my gun is THEIR problem. That is a fantastic point.

If you fear my gun, you want to eliminate it.

Okay.

But if you fear the government, what do you do? Eliminate it? With what? You took away my gun!

:banghead:

NY2AZ

imported post

It's been said before, but I will relish this opportunity to reiterate this. We are often critical of businesses when they choose to not respect our right to bear arms. However, many times we fail to show appreciation to those businesses which either support, or at the very least choose not to trample upon our right(s). We can always do so by choosing to patronize such businesses, but we should also take the opportunity to send a short note of approval their way. Its quick and painless, and I feel as though it will go long way in helping out the image of open carriers as a whole.

TatankaGap

imported post

my letter:

Greetings,

I am a Starbucks Black Card holder and have been to at least 100 different Starbucks locations over the past year due to my frequent travels. I am also licensed to carry a concealed pistol. I am a responsible gun owner and lawfully armed citizen. I am also a survivor of the 1993 Shootings at 101 California Street, San Francisco which occurred prior to when I became an armed citizen.

I have seen that the Brady Campaign to "Prevent Gun Violence" is urging people to sign an on-line petition to send to Howard Schultz, President and Chief Executive Officer of Starbucks, asking that the company deny customers their right to keep and bear arms at Starbucks establishments.

I am writing you to tell you that I appreciate Starbucks current policy not prohibiting firearms at its locations and instead deferring to existing federal, state and local laws which provide ample protection while allowing legitimate citizens to lawfully possess and carry firearms.

I urge Starbucks to ignore the Brady Campaign's petition. Starbucks is a safer place to enjoy coffee and treats due to not banning lawfully possessed and carried firearms.

Sincerely,

/s/

Gundude

imported post

KTVU Channel 2 News in San Francisco just reported that Starbucks responded today to the most recent actions on the part of the Brady Campaign by reiterating that they will follow local, state, and federal laws. So far, Starbucks has decided to continue to allow open carry in their stores wherever it is legal.

STARBUCKS HANDS THE BRADY BUNCH THIER A$$ :lol: :celebrate

office888

imported post

Rugerp345 wrote:
Now we just need kwikrnu or kimberguy to go waltzing in with an assault rifle (preferably painted up like a toy) and fluck it all up.
Spoken like a true 15-year old!

Way to go man. You tell'em. :)

-Richard-

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Near Seattle with 10 OCDO guys this morning!

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Riana wrote:
Love that "Guns and Coffee" sign on the wall... where do we get one of those?
It come compliments of the brady bunch. See the original link.
Here it is for all those that might want to copy it. :)

Kinda wonder if the Brady Campaign might be guilty of copyright infringement. :quirky

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
buster81 wrote:
It come compliments of the brady bunch. See the original link.

Kinda wonder if the Brady Campaign might be guilty of copyright infringement. :quirky

Not only would you make a good pontiff, GS, you'd make a swell hall monitor....

:p

Alexcabbie

imported post

:idea::exclaim:IDEA: Get a bunch of T-shirts made with that "guns and coffee" symbol and wear them to Open Carry Coffee Klatches at Starbucks. And send Helmke the photos with a thank you note for designing us a cool logo. When he realizes how badly he has backfired, his head will explode....

TFred

imported post

Far be it from me to play the role of IP police, but it may be wise to pause for a moment and consider the possible consequences of using an altered copy of what is clearly a Starbuck's icon.

Even though we like it and it probably did accomplish the exact opposite of what the Brady Bunch intended, the important thing to consider is what will Starbuck's think of it?

Doesn't matter who initially created it, if the Starbuck's legal folks see open carriers using it, they might not be quite so happy any more.

Just some things to consider.

TFred

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I just found this alert from the Brady Campaign:
http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=39701.0

Tell Starbucks: Keep Guns Out of its Coffee Shops

Dear Friend,

"It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried."

This is a problem that can be easily solved. Exercise that right and stop being afraid of inanimate objects. :celebrate